Home
Madden 09 News Post

September 15, 2008 — On Tuesday, September 16, at 11:00 p.m., ESPN2 will begin airing the fourth season of Madden Nation, a reality television series in which the country’s top 10 Madden NFL 09 players compete in a cross-country elimination tournament. Gamers will represent top NFL athletes and get the chance to meet their respective pro players along the way. Darren McFadden of the Oakland Raiders and Jeff Garcia of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are featured in the first and second episodes. The final tournament is played in New York City’s Times Square for a grand prize of $100,000 and the ultimate title of the best Madden NFL gamer in the nation.

Madden NFL football has become a cultural phenomenon and has evolved into the must-have sports title every year, selling more than 70 million* units over its lifetime. Recently named Best Sports Game of E3 in the official “Game Critics Best of Show Awards”, Madden NFL 09 celebrates the 20th anniversary of the best-selling franchise. Madden NFL 09 is the First Sports Game That Adapts To You and introduces more than 85 new features and enhancements.

Madden NFL 09 is available for the Xbox 360™ video game system from Microsoft, PlayStation®2 and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment systems, Wii™, Nintendo DS™, PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) handheld entertainment system and is rated E by the ESRB. Madden NFL 09 20th Anniversary Collector’s Edition is available on the Xbox 360™ and PLAYSTATION®3.

For more information about Madden NFL 09, please visit www.madden09.com.

Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 fantasysportsguy @ 09/15/08 11:09 PM
LOL, and the cheese fest begins again.

# 2 BayAreaRYder226 @ 09/16/08 12:06 AM
WR Glitch Snap in everyones playbook

# 3 JohnDoe8865 @ 09/16/08 12:11 AM
Worst. Show. Ever.

# 4 Brooklynnets24 @ 09/16/08 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
Worst. Show. Ever.
Truth

# 5 Tecahl @ 09/16/08 12:59 AM
Is that douche from that Madden commercial who claims he's the best ever because he's the only one who could possibly complete a two-point conversion part of that show?

'Cause I just want to kick the **** out of that arrogant snot.

# 6 Brooklynnets24 @ 09/16/08 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecahl
Is that douche from that Madden commercial who claims he's the best ever because he's the only one who could possibly complete a two-point conversion part of that show?

'Cause I just want to kick the **** out of that arrogant snot.
yea i know who your talking about. The fact that EA even let him have is own madden commercial is stupid and im surprised that he has yet to get his *** kicked in a Madden tourney

# 7 steez3 @ 09/16/08 01:50 AM
anyone who puts their halfback at fullback and does FB dives all game needs to be shot! thats all they did last year on that show...I cant stand players who play madden like that

# 8 Darkside63 @ 09/16/08 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Oh joy.More "homie wannabes" trying to talk smack to one another. Looks like I'll be watching more college synchronized swimming......

# 9 av7 @ 09/16/08 08:55 AM
Meh, dont care for kids that wear a jersey to their wrist and constantly talk trash. Go to school.

# 10 jvaccaro @ 09/16/08 09:54 AM
I might actually consider watching some of this show if they'd focus less on the players punk gangsta attitudes and focus on clips of their games, maybe.

I'd definitely watch the show if EA could find a way to control the cheeze/bugs/glitches and had implemented fair play. If there really was a show that pitted great SIM players vs each other, that would be great.

As it is now, the show should be called 'Cheeze Ghetto Game Glitch Exploit Nation' since it's way more about the ridiculous tools on the bus then anything to do with Madden...

# 11 DJ @ 09/16/08 11:22 AM
What a car-crash of a show this is. It's one of those things that you don't want to watch, but you end up looking anyway.

It could be one of the worst shows on TV, but I know I'll still watch an episode or two.

# 12 JBH3 @ 09/16/08 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynnets24
yea i know who your talking about. The fact that EA even let him have is own madden commercial is stupid and im surprised that he has yet to get his *** kicked in a Madden tourney
I'm sure he gets his a$$ kicked in real-life all the time...

# 13 Sausage @ 09/16/08 12:34 PM
I have to come to realize many of the "top" Madden players actually do not watch a full football game, but highlights.

They actually believe they are playing a real sim type of way, because obviously QBs roll out on every play, and defensives consistently drop everyone in coverage.

Also the NFL and NCAA are planning to change quarter length to 2 minutes. So this will eliminate punts and field goals. 4th downs are the new 3rd downs.

# 14 MiamiWarrior @ 09/16/08 03:15 PM
I always laugh when these shows are on, I remember they were playing Madden 08 and about EVERYONE used the Patriots, drop backed 30 yards and bombed it. It's pathetic, I also love the "hardcore gangstas" who probably live in a nice quiet rich town, and act like they've seen everything and rub it in, cool you forced him to punt it, do you want a medal?

# 15 xV3L0CiTY @ 09/16/08 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
Worst. Show. Ever.
x2.

I would love to post a comment...but I better just keep it to myself and I'll leave my post at this.

# 16 Steven123 @ 09/16/08 06:53 PM
This show is the reason next-gen Madden is such a disappointment ever year

# 17 av7 @ 09/16/08 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmulk
Billy Secret is considered one of the best players in the country year in and year out.
I'm sure alot of people care about that and ladies are constantly all over him

# 18 Revolution42 @ 09/16/08 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
September 15, 2008 — On Tuesday, September 16, at 11:00 p.m., ESPN2 will begin airing the fourth season of Madden Nation, a reality television series in which the country’s top 10 Madden NFL 09 players compete in a cross-country elimination tournament. Gamers will represent top NFL athletes and get the chance to meet their respective pro players along the way. Darren McFadden of the Oakland Raiders and Jeff Garcia of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are featured in the first and second episodes. The final tournament is played in New York City’s Times Square for a grand prize of $100,000 and the ultimate title of the best Madden NFL gamer in the nation.

Madden NFL football has become a cultural phenomenon and has evolved into the must-have sports title every year, selling more than 70 million* units over its lifetime. Recently named Best Sports Game of E3 in the official “Game Critics Best of Show Awards”, Madden NFL 09 celebrates the 20th anniversary of the best-selling franchise. Madden NFL 09 is the First Sports Game That Adapts To You and introduces more than 85 new features and enhancements.

Madden NFL 09 is available for the Xbox 360™ video game system from Microsoft, PlayStation®2 and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment systems, Wii™, Nintendo DS™, PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) handheld entertainment system and is rated E by the ESRB. Madden NFL 09 20th Anniversary Collector’s Edition is available on the Xbox 360™ and PLAYSTATION®3.

For more information about Madden NFL 09, please visit www.madden09.com.
You are not serious....you actually expect this to be watched? Flavor of Love meets The Next White Rapper meets some guy with a stolen console to trade / sell. ... yes, your assumption is correct, I am not "down wid it" and I am a "hay-uh" (*****). I like football....its a great game. 'nuff said....

# 19 Monta8 @ 09/17/08 12:03 AM
I watched both episodes and i didn't see any cheesing.

# 20 cycoviZion @ 09/17/08 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monta8
I watched both episodes and i didn't see any cheesing.
Neither did I. Didn't see anything that I don't already see playing random people online

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.