Home
News Post

ESPN has posted their preview of NBA 2K9.

Quote:
"Oh yeah, did I mention the game? Last year, gamers complained about 2K8 being a tad slower than 2K7, so the developers pushed the speed back to 2K7 levels while at the same time adding even more authenticity to the way the players on the court move and react. In previous iterations of the series, there seemed to be a lot of standing around on offense due to the fact that when the user controlled the ball and didn't run the team's play correctly, the game always defaulted to running a quick isolation for the man dribbling. It was basically a robotic response to user stupidity. But these days, even if the gamer doesn't know how to run plays, the CPU teammates finally react intelligently, helping set screens (players like Rasheed will pick and pop), sending the right guy to the post, and running shooters like Ray Allen around picks, giving the game a much more organic feel as the action on the court is no longer scripted."

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 281 Kully @ 09/17/08 12:15 AM
I like the news of more in-depth stats, like efficiency, being put in the game.

# 282 Po Pimp @ 09/17/08 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jai-O
I like the news of more in-depth stats, like efficiency, being put in the game.
I obviously missed this part, but where did u get that info about the efficiency ratings?

# 283 rodizell @ 09/17/08 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edubbs
Looks like 2K lost their Reebok liscense for the shoes. I see all guys (AI included) that wear Reeboks have on generics this year.

Not a big deal.

However, I just hope they allow the user to 'finally' be able to change the home and away shoe colors this year for each team.
The photos just might be old without the shoes right now, if you think about it all the jersey should have reebok on them.

# 284 Kully @ 09/17/08 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Po Pimp
I obviously missed this part, but where did u get that info about the efficiency ratings?
It sounds like an Association thing. Mentioned with the Association 2.0 info, where he mentions the record keeping/breaking.

Also pure point rating, true shooting percentage, and possessions.

# 285 tril @ 09/17/08 12:53 AM
sounds great, but what about the play by play commentary, and atmosphere. Hopefully this will be improved also

# 286 Stumbleweed @ 09/17/08 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodizell
The photos just might be old without the shoes right now, if you think about it all the jersey should have reebok on them.
Official jerseys are made by Adidas since last season.

# 287 youvalss @ 09/17/08 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaGenecyst
EA chose not to use the ESPN license the way 2k Sports used it on previous "ESPN" titles
True, there were no ESPN layouts, morphs, screens, commentators or anything else that reminds you of ESPN. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if EA put on their boxes the logos of ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC and TNT. They don't use it anyway in the game so it's not violating any rights. If I were EA I might also want to use the Apple, IBM, McDonald's and even Okaley logos...

# 288 hoodlum_wu @ 09/18/08 08:59 AM
yeaaa i need this **** right now

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.