Home
News Post

Gamespot has posted some NBA 2K9 screenshots that feature Association 2.0 & more.

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Gmoney2002 @ 09/17/08 07:55 PM
Possible downloadable animations?????? WOW...Assoiciation 2.0 looks nice but that is craaazy.

# 82 timotim19 @ 09/17/08 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
What are you talking about the insider wasn't on the podcast. Kobe was just a player that was used as an example to explain some of the new features.
Im not talking about the podcast, Im talking about the blog photo.

# 83 J_Posse @ 09/17/08 07:56 PM
Yeah, hopefully they've got some sort of tool to add missing players (finally), so that if another Jamario Moon-type blows up out of nowhere, we'll have him in the game. I don't really care if it looks completely like the player either.

# 84 Juice Malone @ 09/17/08 07:56 PM
I just hope you dont need a hard drive for these animations or im in trouble

# 85 eDotd @ 09/17/08 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timotim19
Im not talking about the podcast, Im talking about the blog photo.
Which one?

# 86 SageInfinite @ 09/17/08 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice Malone
You have xbox live without a HD?

# 87 ThaGenecyst @ 09/17/08 08:00 PM
Quote:
a 360 with no hard drive? GO TO YOUR ROOM AND DON'T COME OUT UNTIL YOU APOLOGIZE FOR BEING RUDE TO YOUR SYSTEM

# 88 DakkoN @ 09/17/08 08:00 PM
Quote:
Where else would the game store the roster updates and patches? You need a HDD for any of the patches and this won't be any different

# 89 Juice Malone @ 09/17/08 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
You have xbox live without a HD?
Yea lol

no demos or dlc for me

# 90 timotim19 @ 09/17/08 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomentousCeltic
Which one?

The one with Artest on it that was an example of a blog on the 2K sports website... I dont know to post jpegs to this site.

# 91 Juice Malone @ 09/17/08 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
Where else would the game store the roster updates and patches? You need a HDD for any of the patches and this won't be any different
my memory card works fine for rosters and patches

im worried about size of animations

# 92 Gmoney2002 @ 09/17/08 08:04 PM
Quote:
Yea lol

no demos or dlc for me
Oh you got one of those elites with no Hard drive...woomp woomp

# 93 blacboy @ 09/17/08 08:04 PM
Has the big announcement been made???

# 94 Juice Malone @ 09/17/08 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmoney2002
Oh you got one of those elites with no Hard drive...woomp woomp
Nah i got the arcade one that came with no HD and a disc with uno and pacman on it lol

# 95 weylum @ 09/17/08 08:07 PM
Might be small to some, but I really dig the fact that the game keeps track of player/season/franchise/career milestones. That alone gives me more reason to keep trudging through the association, especially if the gameplay is as good as touted.

The addition of more stats = bingo
Association headlines = bingo
animations added throughout season = BINGO
Bird rights = awesome

Day 1 purchase boyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

# 96 jfsolo @ 09/17/08 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleTested20
Its hard for some people like me, I mean I am a huge Lakers and Kobe fan but the last 3 or 4 years I have not been able to get Kobe's shot down to a science. I can get Lebron's and Kevin Martin's shot down, but not Kobe. Some game you have to hold down the x button other times its little quicker. Too inconsistant.
X button... You philistine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleTested20
Believe it or not I am actually hoping that we don't have a demo because I want to be so frickin excited for the game and not know a single thing, for example last year's demo when it came out I got so used to playing it that when the actual game came out I was not filled with the same joy or excitement as I was when the demo came out.

So as hard as it may be for some people, 2K I hope you don't release a demo. Instead a few gameplay videos would be even better.
Although I feel the same way, a lot of guys here will totally melt down if they don't, and start going all Oliver Stone with the conspiracy theories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberOneRB
I have to agree that the 2K Insider is going to have a lot on his plate, and I'm hoping he can handle it. Also, I'm hoping he keeps the animation and attribute suggestions separate, so 2K won't have to sort through loads of suggestions with all of it consisting of both attribute and animation suggestions. The inclusion of new downloadable animations has me incredibly excited.

This would basically mean that the game will almost NEVER be stale, you will constantly see new animations as the months go by as you're playing this game. I'm just curious to know how many and how often they will release (animation packages?) throughout the year, since this feature could obviously blow up in 2Ks face if they can't get them out in a timely fashion.
Its pretty much a lock that its going to be rough around the edges with this being the first year of the feature, but since they have gone so far as to emphasize that there is a guy who's specific job it is to update these things then one would expect that they're going really going to try and stay on top of the updates.

# 97 LingeringRegime @ 09/17/08 08:11 PM
Fellas it will be the longest 20 days of our lives...

# 98 i c u cant stop me @ 09/17/08 08:15 PM
Man i wonder what easports is thinking now...lol they released a demo, videos, gameplay videos and 2k just rolls this info out today and it already blows live out the water. lol

# 99 Rebel_INS @ 09/17/08 08:15 PM
Did u guys LISTEN 2 the podcast???

Listen very closely 2 Rob Jones talking about gameplay!

I'm mad hyped cause I'm a bball junkie so it sounds like the new AI they're implementing is gonna be right up my alley

# 100 SageInfinite @ 09/17/08 08:17 PM
Quote:
Yea lol

no demos or dlc for me
Well my friend it's time to pony up that cash for a HD. I'm pretty sure the animations will be pretty large files.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.