Home
News Post

OS just posted a gameplay video from their beta copy of NBA 2K9.

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 bateman11 @ 09/20/08 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
They really need to overhaul the passing animations or passing logic or something, makes the game look terrible.
I agree, this game and it's competitor. In both games, passing is a big weakness. Not really sure how to explain it for 2K though. It just looks and feels bad. For the other game, its just the lack of speed and number of animations.

# 62 HeavenlyTouch @ 09/20/08 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
What do you mean by feels great?
Watching the videos immediately gave me a feeling of authenticity.
I really liked the pace of the game, the way they moved and played within a set system. Each team has a really unique playstyle and that gave the game an authentic feel.

There's a reason why I quoted it, I have yet to really feel the game.

# 63 SageInfinite @ 09/20/08 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bateman11
I agree, this game and it's competitor. In both games, passing is a big weakness. Not really sure how to explain it for 2K though. It just looks and feels bad. For the other game, its just the lack of speed and number of animations.
Yea I agree the passes are too floaty in live still, but at least they aren't throwing overhead passes a foot away from their teammates and behind the back fancy passes in half-court settings. It looks terrible throwing a bullet pass 2 feet away from your teammate.

# 64 SageInfinite @ 09/20/08 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyTouch
Watching the videos immediately gave me a feeling of authenticity.
I really liked the pace of the game, the way they moved and played within a set system. Each team has a really unique playstyle and that gave the game an authentic feel.

There's a reason why I quoted it, I have yet to really feel the game.
Ahh I see.

# 65 Pared @ 09/20/08 12:08 PM
Now this is the meat and potatoes I was waiting on.

I'm shocked most of you didn't see the improvements off the bat: AI doing his patented crossover into a jumper, Shaq playing like... well, SHAQ... Amare and Nash working well together and Anthony working for his shot.

All in all, the stars are playing more like stars this year.

I did see some animation jerks and wonder why that wasn't cleaned up.

Either way... the teams were definitely playing with "authenticity" and that's what I like to see.

# 66 trobinson97 @ 09/20/08 12:14 PM
I am loving the new game intros. Little stuff like that goes a long way towards immersion. It's going to be a fun season, and I don't even know if I am gonna have time to do all I want to do in this game.

# 67 minelevation @ 09/20/08 12:20 PM
I really am annoyed with opinions made by people that have recently converted to nba 2k after years of playing the other title. Everyone has an opinion but damn this is crazy to see these comments admit you have converted and stop speaking as an experienced 2k player. I think its just me that feels that way

# 68 Da_Czar @ 09/20/08 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
I am loving the new game intros. Little stuff like that goes a long way towards immersion. It's going to be a fun season, and I don't even know if I am gonna have time to do all I want to do in this game.
I'm with you on that Trob... we may not get to play online AGAIN this year ...LOL.

for me the combination of all the new association stuff and then those intros and then quality gameplay. I think even those who appear disappointed right now will be won over by the Overall experience. There is stuff happening that will take time for us to really appreciate.

# 69 AlexBrady @ 09/20/08 12:48 PM
I loved the intros with the real nba footage. I kind of wished that someone would take it hard to the rim and get fouled though.

# 70 eko718 @ 09/20/08 12:50 PM
I personally don't see why everyone says the game is too fast. The game speed looks fine to me... the NBA game is supposed to be fast. I think the problem is that animations transition too abruptly and in an effort to perhaps increase control, animations can be interrupted. I actually prefer the 2K8 style where you cannot interrupt a dribble animation, its not like a guy can interrupt his own crossover in real life... momentum won't allow it. Animation interruption is only nice if branched correctly with other animations, and this is something Live impressed me with in some places. However, what really bothers me is the running. It seems that the players do some unnatural things such as turn around on axis as opposed to planting feet and 'sliding' to different areas of the court without the animation to coincide with the movement. Honestly, it looks like 2K needed more time this year ironing that stuff out and I hope this is something that can be fixed with a patch. This probably explains the delay in releasing gameplay videos this year.

Nevertheless, I am still very excited for the game and they added a whole lot of content which I think in the end will help it vastly outshine 2K8.

# 71 blacboy @ 09/20/08 12:50 PM
can these videos be downloaded and if not could someone youtube them.

# 72 DaImmaculateONe @ 09/20/08 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrady
I loved the intros with the real nba footage. I kind of wished that someone would take it hard to the rim and get fouled though.
Yeah me too i wish the Suns would have actually run a pick and roll with nash and amare.

# 73 HeavenlyTouch @ 09/20/08 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
I personally don't see why everyone says the game is too fast. The game speed looks fine to me... the NBA game is supposed to be fast. I think the problem is that animations transition too abruptly and in an effort to perhaps increase control, animations can be interrupted. I actually prefer the 2K8 style where you cannot interrupt a dribble animation, its not like a guy can interrupt his own crossover in real life... momentum won't allow it. Animation interruption is only nice if branched correctly with other animations, and this is something Live impressed me with in some places. However, what really bothers me is the running. It seems that the players do some unnatural things such as turn around on axis as opposed to planting feet and 'sliding' to different areas of the court without the animation to coincide with the movement. Honestly, it looks like 2K needed more time this year ironing that stuff out and I hope this is something that can be fixed with a patch. This probably explains the delay in releasing gameplay videos this year.

Nevertheless, I am still very excited for the game and they added a whole lot of content which I think in the end will help it vastly outshine 2K8.
and yet this video is still a Beta.

# 74 jewelz1132 @ 09/20/08 12:59 PM
Quote:
be real man the game comes out in 2 weeks or so

# 75 Nodima @ 09/20/08 01:01 PM
Quote:

Word, I'm in the SOCOM: Confrontation Beta right now and that thing's getting at least a 3rd patch before it even comes out. No telling what subtle things will/have been (is this Gold?) get adjusted from Beta to release. Like the recoil was terrible the first two patches, but now is down to a normal amount. Reminds me of the complaints here

# 76 eko718 @ 09/20/08 01:01 PM
Quote:
The game release is literally like 2 weeks a way at this point. How different do you expect the game to be than whats in this beta copy? I would imagine that 2K would only release a beta that is as close to current as possible. Lets not get defensive, lets be honest.

Quote:
Word, I'm in the SOCOM: Confrontation Beta right now and that thing's getting at least a 3rd patch before it even comes out. No telling what subtle things will get adjusted from Beta to release. Like the recoil was terrible the first two patches, but now is down to a normal amount. Reminds me of the complaints here
Hopefully the situation is similair to this. Is Socom coming out in 2 weeks?

# 77 edubbs @ 09/20/08 01:07 PM
Aw man, I just noticed that Melo did the spin and immediately shot off the dribble on one of his misses. I'm REALLY liking the ability the AI has to shoot off the dribble in these vids.

This was a little thing that has been missing for years, that will make playing against the CPU, soo much more realistic.

I was worried that it would get left out again this year.

# 78 HeavenlyTouch @ 09/20/08 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
The game release is literally like 2 weeks a way at this point. How different do you expect the game to be than whats in this beta copy? I would imagine that 2K would only release a beta that is as close to current as possible. Lets not get defensive, lets be honest.

Hopefully the situation is similair to this. Is Socom coming out in 2 weeks?
Don't act like you know better about the situation, "let's get honest".

Simply said, there is a reason why it's called "Beta", and as I, you don't know when Beta was actually made.

# 79 emelki1968 @ 09/20/08 01:15 PM
I like the presentation and especially the recap at the end of the quarter. Also, really good the personal movements, like AI, Carmelo, Stoudamire, Pierce. That is one of the main aspects that make this game so far ahead of Live 09.
The things that I didn't like -and I really hoe they can fix it before going Gold- is that some of the animations looked break and too fast, which makes the game unrealistic. A concept that doesn't much with the 2K principals

# 80 bls @ 09/20/08 01:16 PM
This has got to be the worse commentary I think I've ever heard in a sports game.

Joe Montana Sports Talk Football^10 Whoa!!!!!

From these vids It doesn't seem as fluid as 2k8 as far as the movement. Something just isn't right and the commentary doesn't make it any better. They should be ashamed of themselves being that this is suppose to be next gen and it sounds like Sega Genesis.

I think consumers need to boycott a couple of these games thats coming out until we get what want and are suppose to be getting. Its been alittle over 3 years now. I should be about to see next generation as a complete package and right now I just don't see it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.