Home
News Post

OS just posted a gameplay video from their beta copy of NBA 2K9.

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 edubbs @ 09/20/08 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trav402
Something subtle I noticed was Raja Bell hustling to deny Iverson the ball. First he tried to get a steal off the opening tip. Then he hustled back to get position and played ball denial the rest of the way. He even bodied him a little bit.

Did you see during this same sequence Iverson smack Radja's arms/hands off of him, when Radja was trying to play ball denial a little too tight?

That animation was soo realistic looking.

Rob Jones was right, they packed a TON of animations in this game it seems.

# 102 timotim19 @ 09/20/08 04:42 PM
Their are parts of this vid that have me really happy while other parts - not so much. I feel they added a much needed punch the the presentation this year that just makes it much more exciting to play. I dont know why you would add a visual representation of the commentators if your not going to actually show them breaking down the game in pre-game (again 2K use FMV overlays for the commentators there, this way you dont have to worry about lip-sync problems) but it is a nice touch and adds to it. However, the 2 are just as boring and stupid when it comes 2 calling the game. The one liners are killing me and really throws everything else off. Its clear that these guys are reading from a page of one liners... Kevin does do a good job with his delivery (unlike Craig) but its the method they are using that throws it off more then anything... when are those guys going to actually talk to each other.

I like most of what I see so far but once again it comes down to the options this year (even with the added presentation). If I cant edit the rookies in the franchise, If I theirs no depth to the franchise, if the recruiting is weak, if I cant edit everything about existing players than it will be a disappointment again.

PS: whats up with those oke-dokes that AI has on his feet... I better be able to put some better looking kicks on him.

# 103 Monta8 @ 09/20/08 04:53 PM
i was hoping to see JR Smith

# 104 trav402 @ 09/20/08 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timotim19
PS: whats up with those oke-dokes that AI has on his feet... I better be able to put some better looking kicks on him.
LOL @ oke dokes! I feel you on the editing tip. I wish we could get some comfirmation on what is changeable this year.

# 105 blingballa333 @ 09/20/08 05:41 PM
I enjoyed the video for the most part, minus Amare and Shaq playing catch
And you guys have to realize, these videos have framerate problems, not the game, the actual stream is a bit choppy, you will relize on a pass or when a shot hits the rim, the sound of the rim sounds a bit after the fact.

# 106 Checmate101 @ 09/20/08 05:54 PM
Game of the Year!!..and havent' even played it yet

# 107 Shinyhubcaps @ 09/20/08 10:27 PM
Well, I have my first things for my NBA 2K10 wishlist:

1.) Expand the commentary
2.) Fix the Suns court

But despite those problems, this video was rocking. I'd like to see it without name displays, and I would be convinced that it was an actual NBA game. Everything is just so nice right now. Way to go, 2K... now fix that darn Suns court!

(For those wondering what is wrong with it, the Suns switched the stain pattern in the middle of last year. The key is now the same light color as the area within the perimeter.)

# 108 slvicick @ 09/20/08 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickhalloffame
is there something im missing here? iversons crossover seems the exact same and its still ineffective as well.
Yeah, I don't see how that crossover can be used to get by anyone.

# 109 DakkoN @ 09/21/08 03:19 AM
Any love for Melo's hop step spin move? Looks perfect. I'd like to see it chained into a shot that isn't a fadeaway though because Tony Parker proved in the other video that you can chain a spin to a shot very beautifully

# 110 Goffs @ 09/21/08 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boge
I'm very disappointed that they used actual video for intros. That means that if Amare gets traded to somewhere else, whenever I play the suns, they'll still talk about him as the heavy guy and show the video.

Also, the commentary is just as disappointing as last year. Kevin Harlan has next to no new comments, and this other guy is just like Kenny Smith with a different voice. I do like the addition of Cheryl Miller though.
ohhh...i never thought about what would happen if the player was traded, do they replace the vid with another player? hmmm

# 111 youvalss @ 09/21/08 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timotim19
Watch the CAP vid. I watched it a while ago so I don't remember, but maybe there's no Reebok in the game this year. Can it be?

# 112 timotim19 @ 09/21/08 04:17 PM
I'm very disappointed that they used actual video for intros. That means that if Amare gets traded to somewhere else, whenever I play the suns, they'll still talk about him as the heavy guy and show the video.

Also, the commentary is just as disappointing as last year. Kevin Harlan has next to no new comments, and this other guy is just like Kenny Smith with a different voice. I do like the addition of Cheryl Miller though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
ohhh...i never thought about what would happen if the player was traded, do they replace the vid with another player? hmmm
I assume that 2K alternates at random the top 2-3 highest rated players on the team and shows the real footage for those players. If you trade Amare off the suns, I dont think it will show that footage for your team anymore but for whoever the top guys (that already have footage in place) on your current team are. What this does do is possibly show footage of Amare on whatever team you trade him to, wearing his old teams uniforms (the suns). Lastly, 2K could skip all this by pulling a NHL2K9 and not show any of the pregame stuff during the regular season and save it only for the playoffs... we will have to see.

# 113 youvalss @ 09/21/08 04:27 PM
Maybe stuff like that is updated along with the living rosters or whatever that feature is called here.

# 114 timotim19 @ 09/21/08 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Maybe stuff like that is updated along with the living rosters or whatever that feature is called here.
Yes, they definitely have the ability to add this with their updates but I think what hes talking about is during our Associations... He's saying if he trades Amare off of the Suns (in his Association) even if he's still on the team in real life. Im sure 2K will update the footage as needed for basic pick up and play games but they have no idea how our association trades are going to go down. Like I said before, they most likely rotate at random the top 2-3 guys on the team so Spurs will have footage shown of Duncan/Parker, Sixers will have footage for Brand/AI #2 etc.

# 115 Tha_Kid @ 09/21/08 05:27 PM
The videos only show in quick game, not in your association.

# 116 Shinyhubcaps @ 09/21/08 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Kid
The videos only show in quick game, not in your association.
Amare can still get traded in real life. What would happen then? I bet the Grizzlies intro would have been loaded with Pau Gasol if this were in last year.

I'm sure that they have a way around it in case that does happen, though. I'm not worried. I'm just saying that it doesn't have to be in Association to be outdated.

# 117 jmood88 @ 09/21/08 11:58 PM
Then skip it. It's really not that big of a deal.

# 118 HeavenlyTouch @ 09/22/08 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinyhubcaps
Amare can still get traded in real life. What would happen then? I bet the Grizzlies intro would have been loaded with Pau Gasol if this were in last year.

I'm sure that they have a way around it in case that does happen, though. I'm not worried. I'm just saying that it doesn't have to be in Association to be outdated.
Someone mentioned in the 2k forums that the team intros is based on who they think the best player will be in the current game.

I'm assuming if Amare is traded, they'll show another player..

# 119 Shinyhubcaps @ 09/22/08 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Then skip it. It's really not that big of a deal.
Believe me, I'd love to skip the loading screens...

I don't know if you can toggle to a standard loading screen either, but that is the way the game loads.

Again, I'm not worried. I'm sure 2K has thought of everything.

# 120 HeavenlyTouch @ 09/22/08 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinyhubcaps
Believe me, I'd love to skip the loading screens...

I don't know if you can toggle to a standard loading screen either, but that is the way the game loads.

Again, I'm not worried. I'm sure 2K has thought of everything.
I don't see why it's a big deal.

In the Nuggets vs Suns video, they showed what? a total of like 6 highlights which took approximately 5-10 seconds?

If that bothers you, you're spoiled.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.