Home
News Post

OS just posted a gameplay video from their beta copy of NBA 2K9.

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 DC @ 09/22/08 12:01 PM
Like I said in the other post, I am not a fan of showing REAL videos when previewing videogames. What happens when Iverson gets traded from the Nuggets in my association mode? Who would want to see his Nuggets highlights when he doesn't play for them? And what if there are not highlighted players that are playing for the Nuggets, what will we see as an intro?

The same reason I hate time sensitive commentary by Harlan..........

# 122 Pongsona @ 09/22/08 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
Like I said in the other post, I am not a fan of showing REAL videos when previewing videogames. What happens when Iverson gets traded from the Nuggets in my association mode? Who would want to see his Nuggets highlights when he doesn't play for them? And what if there are not highlighted players that are playing for the Nuggets, what will we see as an intro?

The "REAL" highlight shows only in exhibition games. You won't see it in the Association Mode.

# 123 Nodima @ 09/22/08 12:04 PM
Quote:

somewhere it was said that those videos are only for quick games and don't play in association. maybe it was the Sunday Quick Hitter?

# 124 DC @ 09/22/08 12:06 PM
Ok what if Iverson gets traded FORREAL, I am assuming Melo has a highlight package. But I couldn't imagine anyone else on that team having one. Then what happens? No Iverson or Melo............just nothing I hope

# 125 Po Pimp @ 09/22/08 12:23 PM
Quote:
Ok what if Iverson gets traded FORREAL, I am assuming Melo has a highlight package. But I couldn't imagine anyone else on that team having one. Then what happens? No Iverson or Melo............just nothing I hope
I'm pretty sure they have highlights of more than one player per team. If Iverson AND Melo got traded, they would probably show J.R. Smith or the player they got traded for in their previous team's uniform. IMO, its not that big a deal. When Iverson got traded to the Nuggets, all he had was Philly highlights. It'll be cool if they mentioned the player being on a different team though. The real question is, will they show highlights of rookies, or does the NCAA own those rights?

P.S. This is off subject, but I was watching BehindShadows videos of the old 2k games, and NBA 2k needs to go back to the presentation they used for 2k4 and 2k5 (minus the ESPN license obviously). Those overlays were sweeeeeet! They highlighted a player in 2k5, but didn't have the videos, and they showed them shooting around on the court in 2k4 like they do now.

# 126 DC @ 09/22/08 12:26 PM
I doubt they have highlights for JR Smith.......

# 127 ehh @ 09/22/08 12:39 PM
LOL

# 128 Po Pimp @ 09/22/08 12:51 PM
Quote:
I doubt they have highlights for JR Smith.......
Why not? He may not be a star, he may only average 20 min/game, but if its one thing he has, its highlights.

Typed his name on Youtube, and this is the first link I saw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spdL6-QR0hw

Besides, think of a team like the Knicks...who is highlight worthy on that team?

# 129 Stumbleweed @ 09/22/08 12:59 PM
J.R. is a beast and has some serious highlight packages from his days as a Hornet as well as a Nugget. Dude goes on incredible scoring streaks, is made up almost entirely of threes and dunks, and is flashy as hell... highlight package dream. Kenyon Martin has his fair share of highlights as well.

But yeah, it's a fair question -- I assume they would show their old highlights on their new team, which is what would happen IRL, so no problems from me if that's the case.

This might be my favorite individual J.R. play:

# 130 DC @ 09/22/08 12:59 PM
Jamal Crawford would have some highlights. The fact that his exploits have been sig'ed this year is even more reason for me to believe he would have highlights. But I don't really care who has them or not. I just want to know what happens when a team plays with no highlighted folks

# 131 KG @ 09/22/08 01:02 PM
Quote:
Jamal Crawford would have some highlights. The fact that his exploits have been sig'ed this year is even more reason for me to believe he would have highlights. But I don't really care who has them or not. I just want to know what happens when a team plays with no highlighted folks
Really? Jamal can get real freaky with the rock at times. Just ask J-Will what happened back in Ann Arbor back in the day.

# 132 Pared @ 09/22/08 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
Really? Jamal can get real freaky with the rock at times. Just ask J-Will what happened back in Ann Arbor back in the day.
Jamal was probably the ONLY highlight the Knicks had last season.

# 133 DC @ 09/22/08 01:07 PM
I just hope that Jamal's ( look below ) isn't in the game.

# 134 Po Pimp @ 09/22/08 01:09 PM
Quote:
Name a team that you feel wouldn't have any highlighted players, and I bet you find atleast one highlight reel of that player on youtube.

For some reason though, I'm thinking you wanna know what would happen if you made up a garbage team with a starting lineup of:

Royal Ivey
Mardy Collins
Ryan Bowen
Cedric Simmons
Jerome James

And I don't know the answer to that

# 135 Pared @ 09/22/08 01:10 PM
Quote:
I just hope that Jamal's ( look below ) isn't in the game.

It's in baby! You can pull it off in traffic just like the video!

Dude even clapped the board with both hands... wow.

# 136 DC @ 09/22/08 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Po Pimp
For some reason though, I'm thinking you wanna know what would happen if you made up a garbage team
Thats EXACTLY what I am asking

And to Pared, I hope that isn't in the game. Because it will be a canned animation and the ball probably wouldn't have an OUNCE of weight. Meaning it will be an unstoppable move once the animation is initiated.

# 137 Pared @ 09/22/08 01:30 PM
I was only kidding...

...or was I?

# 138 Bucksin06 @ 09/22/08 01:37 PM
Pared....
Have they fixed Michael Redd's shot?

# 139 blacboy @ 09/22/08 01:46 PM
Maybe they would only show the pic they have before the montage.

# 140 ehh @ 09/22/08 01:59 PM
Quote:
But I don't really care who has them or not. I just want to know what happens when a team plays with no highlighted folks
I'll get back to you when I enter Year 3 of my Knicks 'chise.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.