Home
News Post

Just threw up another one. This one with the speed slider set at 45.

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Po Pimp @ 09/21/08 11:08 AM
I didn't want to start a new thread, but maybe someone can answer this for me. Can you double clutch in this game on a regular jumpshot (ala Jordan over Ehlo)?

# 102 ehh @ 09/21/08 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by i c u cant stop me
Thats what i dont like about live's play calling its to perfect. In real life plays dont always work 100% of the time like live does. players in the nba run the worng pattern most of the time and the same happends in 2k. in live that pick n roll works 90% of the time which will be a huge problem online.
One thing I'm interested to see in Live is how well the crappy teams run plays in Live. It will def be an issue if the Knicks can run something 99% of the time and have it work. But seeing as this is the first year of Live's new playing calling system I'm sure we won't see any hiccups or miscues, but hopefully in the future versions they'll make some adjustments.

# 103 Glucky93 @ 09/21/08 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Def the best vid of the bunch. This game has by far the best animations, sig styles and atmosphere of any sports game. Visually, as a complete package, even The Show doesn't really come close.

The sig styles on Yao's foul line jumper and Parker's FT were insane. I mean Parker's is absolutely perfect. You could see more new animations in this vid, like others said the dig that Parker took under the hoop looked great. Also, the Alston J off balanced from the corner was great to see. It's one thing that I loved about the Live demo and I'm glad that 2K has added that as well. The dunks looked better as does the rim/backboard/standard's reaction to a dunk.

The player size/court size ratio still concerns me as does the interaction of the on-ball defender and the offensive player, although when T-Mac was trying to get to the hoop it seemed better than 2K8 (which it didn't in the previous vids). If you don't call a play the other four guys on your team will complete stand still. I know I'm not calling a play but I'd love to see the other players take some initiative and set an off-ball screen or make a cut to the hoop or something just to get things moving.

I'll be reserving 2K9 this week.
the off balannce j in the live demo was very ugly because everyone has the same leaner i think 2k9s leaner looks more natural and since its 2k u know there will be sig leaners and variety

# 104 V.DiddYDavis @ 09/21/08 12:01 PM

Look at the blonde girl at the bottom of the screen from :18 - :26

If I was sitting next to her and she was doing that I would have to hit her in the face..

LOL

# 105 luv_mist @ 09/21/08 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
im seeing to much spins...i hope CP doesnt turn into a tornado while driving through everyone...
In all honesty, Parker does more spinning than Paul would I think. I think that is one of Parker's signature moves where he spins a bit. I know he does it a bit when he's driving to the hole. May vary depending on the player and the style they have.

Game looks pretty solid. I'm going ot try and get a few more achievements for 2K8 cause I'm not playing it when I get 2K9. One question I have is, are the hands touching the rim more realistically because they seemed that way everytime the dunk went in. The Tim Duncan dunk seemed to have the hand to rim contact. I only watched the video once though. That was one thing that seemed to stand out, whether imagination or in reality.......

# 106 Goffs @ 09/21/08 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_mist
In all honesty, Parker does more spinning than Paul would I think. I think that is one of Parker's signature moves where he spins a bit. I know he does it a bit when he's driving to the hole. May vary depending on the player and the style they have.
really? well if its signature then its all good then

i forget which vid it was where CP crossed up a guy and just blew right by him..it was nice to watch

# 107 luv_mist @ 09/21/08 01:07 PM
Not the best example of his spinning loving but it has a few in there that would ease your mind with him. I really was happy to see the spinning because that was a minimum last game along with the alley that the cpu almost NEVER tossed up. The first play was an alley which threw me off so hard.

Tony Parker Mix

edit-The spinning that Tony was doing was slightly out of pocket though in the game. He does more of a hop step spin rather than dribbling spin. Hopefully it could be adjusted somewhat. I wonder if they added a few tendencies in there. Not really a game killer though. As long as the computer utilizes the moves effeciently and not just at random. One thing I've been so irritated with the 2K series about is the lack of intelligence that the A.I. would use 20 crosses just to get to a spot on the court.

# 108 HeavenlyTouch @ 09/21/08 01:29 PM
This is the best game I've ever seen

# 109 jmood88 @ 09/21/08 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
im seeing to much spins...i hope CP doesnt turn into a tornado while driving through everyone...
Like this?

# 110 SageInfinite @ 09/21/08 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Like this?
That **** made me dizzy

# 111 HeavenlyTouch @ 09/21/08 02:09 PM
Raptors vs Magic.. give us a vid..!

Have to see Jermaine tear it up..

# 112 trav402 @ 09/21/08 02:43 PM
another small detail...

On the Rockets' last possession, Yao goes to set a screen for TMac, but before doing so he raises his fist to let him know he's setting it. Back in the day that was the system we used. Small touches like that go a long way towards authenticity.

# 113 Goffs @ 09/21/08 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Like this?
lol not what i had in mind though that would be a great over reacting for a foul call animation if it were added ingame

# 114 NumberOneRB @ 09/21/08 04:19 PM
My gosh do the faces look incredible! Also, has anyone noticed any jaggies in these vids? I guess 2K really took the complaints about jaggies to heart. I don't know how people can say that graphically the improvements have been minor at best, the development team TOTALLY overhauled the faces in this game (and as I said, they look spectacular), improved the skin textures, and (it appears) added almost full scale anti-aliasing.

Considering the smoothness of these vids have been compromised due to Steve's video equipment (dont' worry Steve, I'm not hating, just stating the facts you gave), and how smooth the game looked in the leaked E3 video, I can only imagine how this game will look when we actually get to play it.

# 115 Mos1ted @ 09/21/08 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberOneRB
My gosh do the faces look incredible! Also, has anyone noticed any jaggies in these vids? I guess 2K really took the complaints about jaggies to heart. I don't know how people can say that graphically the improvements have been minor at best, the development team TOTALLY overhauled the faces in this game (and as I said, they look spectacular), improved the skin textures, and (it appears) added almost full scale anti-aliasing.

Considering the smoothness of these vids have been compromised due to Steve's video equipment (dont' worry Steve, I'm not hating, just stating the facts you gave), and how smooth the game looked in the leaked E3 video, I can only imagine how this game will look when we actually get to play it.
Just imagine if this game came with 1080P resolution capabilities?

# 116 elprez98 @ 09/21/08 08:21 PM
I really liked the Parker score on the fastbreak + foul. That was awesome. No more fouling someone going for the block on a break...GREAT!

# 117 jfsolo @ 09/21/08 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elprez98
I really liked the Parker score on the fastbreak + foul. That was awesome. No more fouling someone going for the block on a break...GREAT!
The animation sequence was great there, but that's a play where I wish the CPU controlled defender would have let Parker go. There needs to be more "give up" plays where the defender "knows" he has no shot to make a good defensive play so he doesn't jump, or uses a move out of the way animation.

It could be programmed so that when its the playoffs players don't give up the easy one that often, that way there's a discernible different, on the court, between the regular season and the playoffs.

Players with shot block ratings under 60 should rarely be trying to block a shot. They should be going for the strip down low, flopping, trying to take a legit charge, putting a hand in the face, or getting out of the way.

# 118 Da_Czar @ 09/21/08 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
The animation sequence was great there, but that's a play where I wish the CPU controlled defender would have let Parker go. There needs to be more "give up" plays where the defender "knows" he has no shot to make a good defensive play so he doesn't jump, or uses a move out of the way animation.

It could be programmed so that when its the playoffs players don't give up the easy one that often, that way there's a discernible different, on the court, between the regular season and the playoffs.

Players with shot block ratings under 60 should rarely be trying to block a shot. They should be going for the strip down low, flopping, trying to take a legit charge, putting a hand in the face, or getting out of the way.
JF i love the details you pick out man. Great suggestion..... The idea of progression needs to be fleshed out. like crowds should build in excitement not start the game going crazy... But in the playoffs they can start out that way to illustrate the difference in intensity..

# 119 HeavenlyTouch @ 09/22/08 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo

While I agree that recovering for a fast break block should be relevant to rating, I disagree that Alston should have let Parker go.

I think next year we should see some very hard fouls resulting in techs.. and if you can create a hard foul yourself and collide with the defender using the movement analog in mid air, it will result in a technical.

I love the difference in speeds (even between point guards), that was never seen before in 2k8, even big men could catch up to an extent. Alston appears to be close enough to Parker to recover on the play and not give up on it.

Like you said, this is where rating plays a factor. Aside from block rating, it should have to do with a hustle rating as well. Players such as Tayshaun Prince, Lebron, and a few others regularly recover back for blocks.

# 120 HMcCoy @ 09/22/08 02:19 AM
"Failed" isomotion animations look alot more natural. Love that. Love the ball denial also. The visual package is just sick.

I also like how TP was aggressive every single time Rafer got lost.

45 is definitley the speed i'll be sticking with again...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.