Home
News Post

Check out the NBA 2K9: Create a Player video.

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 trobinson97 @ 09/21/08 05:25 AM
Finally saw the video. Yeah it sucks that you can't edit weight and there are still only 3 body types. BUT, it's so good to see that we can finally create normal looking players again. That's enough in itself to get me back excited about creating players and running with lesser teams. Thanks for the video.

# 62 Al_Bundy @ 09/21/08 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akiracy
the thing i hope they would implement for future games is standing reach and wingspan.
Someone is reading my mind.

Although the CAP feature does look much improved with its skin texture and more options for accessories, I was really hoping for weight input and a lot more options for body types.

Well, there's always next year I guess...

# 63 youvalss @ 09/21/08 05:54 AM
Thanks for the vid. 2K9 is great!

# 64 SoxFan01605 @ 09/21/08 06:38 AM
I'm not saying that the gripes mentioned thus far aren't legit, but I've gotta say the biggest thing for me is that the CAPs now look like humans...lol. I really think the models look excellent. I'm also happy that you can adjust contract terms (excellent idea, IMO) and that all the sliders now seem to be independent. Works for me!

# 65 Fabric @ 09/21/08 06:54 AM
Steve, thanks a bunch for the vid!

While I agree that not much has been added, I'm just so ecstatic that the rookies in Association will actually look like real people (or at least as real as the other players in the game ), both in terms of their faces, skin tones and hair colors

About the three body types: I'm one of the guys who has complained the most about there only being 3 body types and would love if they added some more. That being said, I do think the models have been greatly improved for 2k9 - especially Thick doesn't look as chunky and god-awful as it did in 2k7/8. I would also appreciate control over a CAPs weight, but that's mostly because I get irritated when all my caps with the same height and body type weigh the same

I don't really care that much about accessories or shoes so I have no big complaints about any of that stuff. However I do agree that there should be more color options for the generic shoes, because it is sorta irritating that everyone just wears all white and black shoes. A thing I think needs some serious work for 2k10 (provided there's gonna be one) are the tats, because they have been more or less the same for a number of years now and they just aren't that well done - especially the lower arm ones

Something I find disappointing is that there are no new attributes or tendencies. I don't have any specific ideas for new ones, but I'd really wish that we had access to the clutch attribute. Also as a PAL PS3 owner I'm hoping and praying that they don't snub us when it comes to editing the standing dunk attribute But all the new signature stuff is great! (though Steve, my dear man, why didn't we get to see all the dunk/layup packages? You getting lazy on us )

Also loving that we now have control over the contracts, something I've really been missing when creating players. No more over-paid created rookies!

[/rant]

# 66 eye guy @ 09/21/08 07:32 AM
Clip still doesn't work for me.... Any help???

# 67 youvalss @ 09/21/08 07:43 AM
Funny that in all the gameplay vids (at least what I saw) all players who wear an elbow band - wear the longer one. Has anyone seen any gameplay vid with someone wearing the shorter one?

# 68 portlandblazer @ 09/21/08 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Funny that in all the gameplay vids (at least what I saw) all players who wear an elbow band - wear the longer one. Has anyone seen any gameplay vid with someone wearing the shorter one?
nope but the shorter one is what most people should have. i believe when stern made all the accessory rules a few years back he said 4 inches for wristbands, one on each arm only, elbow or below and anything else worn by players must be for medical purpose with proof from a team doctor, besides headbands. dont know how strictly the rules are enforced though or if any player wears a 6 inch band but i will be doing plenty of accessory edits when i get the game.

# 69 Gmoney2002 @ 09/21/08 08:45 AM
Wooooow Pharacyde and Dawn Penn? Man, I can't wait to hear this soundtrack...

# 70 Sinner @ 09/21/08 09:21 AM
nice vid, wish there were more options for the CAP, shoes, tats, accessories and such but the fact that they actually look human and the sliders are locked IMO is a big step in the right direction. Specially with all the other things they added to the game I can wait for more to be added to the CAP just as long as it will get touched sometime in the near future. Over all this game is looking great for me and can't wait till the 7th. Also wish they would do more with the create a team, (if they haven't) something similar to what they have in APF2k8 would be nice.

# 71 ctdaprince @ 09/21/08 11:00 AM
its nice vid and nice tracks cant wait to listen to them but im dissappointed by the lack of shoes nike has no lebron 6 no kobe 4 but thats juss me im a shoe freak

# 72 23 @ 09/21/08 11:51 AM
Thanks for the video Steve... good stuff

As far as NBA players... if you've ever stood next to one, they have an unusually low body fat percentage, and most of them are smaller than what you see on tv.. thinner so to speak, not all rocked up like a wrestler.

They're just cut because as I said, low body fat, the muscles are more defined, not hulky.

# 73 The 24th Letter @ 09/21/08 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRE_OS

As far as NBA players... if you've ever stood next to one, they have an unusually low body fat percentage, and most of them are smaller than what you see on tv.. thinner so to speak, not all rocked up like a wrestler.

They're just cut because as I said, low body fat, the muscles are more defined, not hulky.
VERY true...
even Ben Wallace was leaner than expected when I saw him up close....dont get me wrong though- he is still a beast.

# 74 Glucky93 @ 09/21/08 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Me too. I realize in this day and age it is becoming impossible to be authentic in this regard for some game companies unless you have a boat load of cash to pay these parties for that right. I'm surprised they don't have reebok though(Aren't Addidas and Reebok partners?I thoght one bought the other out)
yea how tight would it be if we could edit player shoes this i got my fingers crossed

# 75 RAZRr1275 @ 09/21/08 02:31 PM
The thing that I love most about this vid is that player roles are editable. FINALLY I can make Manu stay a 6th man.

# 76 SoxFan01605 @ 09/21/08 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRE_OS

Yup, I remember Jordan was much slimmer than I imagined when I saw him in person a while back. Remember how scrawny he look in his baseball uni...lol?

# 77 bateman11 @ 09/21/08 05:38 PM
Muscle definition/texture looks incredible.

# 78 nogster @ 09/21/08 05:51 PM
from what i can gather it still looks as though the "new" 2k8 attributes. [hands, strength, quickness etc..etc.] still dont contribute to the overall rating..
i hope im wrong..
because if so, thats annoying.

# 79 XenoZograscope @ 09/21/08 10:10 PM
They finally fixed the skin tones, I liked the contract option thats a plus.

# 80 eweezy23 @ 09/21/08 11:12 PM
Hey I noticed that in each category it says "LB and RB" at the top. Is that for more options in that category or does it take it to the next option. Like it says LB Vitals RB. If i hit RB does it take me to General? or are there more options

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.