Home
News Post

We've just posted some screenshots that show off the ratings of all the players in NBA 2K9.

*Note: I am not allowed to show the jerseys of the Magic, Thunder or Kings, at this time.

NBA 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 eko718 @ 09/21/08 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edubbs
What rating is ATH?

Athleticism I think.

# 22 Nokstar @ 09/21/08 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V.DiddYDavis
I usually don't like to complain about player ratings.. because I can manually change them however this year they left me a LOT of work to do. Honestly on some of them, what the hell were they thinking? Robin Lopez better than Brooke? Al Jefferson better than Chris Bosh? Stuckey a 74, making him equal to Anthony Carter, and worse than Magic rookie Courtney Lee who never even played a game?! Kidd better than Dirk? KG a 99?! (I guess this is somewhat to be expected..) Chris Paul 5 overall points better than D.Will?

Anyways there were more I just forgot them off the top of my head.. thanks for posting Steve keep doing your thing man.. can't wait til' the next gameplay vid.
i agree with everything u said except u complaining about kg being a 99...i think he deserves it. Just cuz he doesnt score 30 points a game like a lebron or kobe doesnt mean he isnt top 3 or 4 most efficient players in the league and he is a rebounding, blocking, inside machine AND he can step out and hit the 15-18 footer. Turned that whole team around (yes i know ray had something to do with it too).

Kidd being better than Dirk is a travesty tho..that's the one i feel strongest about. I'd pick dirk over any power forward for my team outside of duncan, kg, and MAYBE amare.

# 23 naama @ 09/21/08 12:06 PM
God damn the rookies are overrated. Weak.

# 24 Brooklynnets24 @ 09/21/08 12:06 PM
jesus a lot of these ratings are WTF worthy. TJ ford better then Devin Harris....Brent Barry a 79 rating....

# 25 Vast @ 09/21/08 12:19 PM
Yeah they're pretty bad. Lebron having A perimeter defense and B Post defense ???

He definitely doesn't have better perimeter D than Paul Peirce

# 26 ehh @ 09/21/08 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicio10
no one's mentioned the new development here?

GRADES FOR RATINGS!

I love that change. Numbers are so ambiguous. This is way easier to understand how well players are in certain areas, and way easier to edit ratings also!
I'd image you can change it, CH2K8 allowed you to view ratings as grades or numbers. The grades aren't absolute, they're based on position - at least in CHoops they were.

# 27 Lid @ 09/21/08 12:32 PM
these ratings are gonna make playing online suck. i hope they adjust these soon

# 28 TMagic @ 09/21/08 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty
good to have all this info but by the time the game arrives, it will seem like we've already played it

Which is exactly the reason I refuse to watch any videos the past two years.

When I play, I will still have "Wow" factor intact to the fullest!

It's tough. But definitely worth it in the end.

# 29 Tha.Pink.Pantha @ 09/21/08 12:42 PM
I'll wait for a 2K Share file from someone who watched the NBA last year.

Coby Karl, Chris Mihm and Josh Powell ALL better than Radmonavich?

Question for 2K: Which one of these four played (or would have played) significant minutes in the Finals.

# 30 Branflakz16 @ 09/21/08 12:42 PM
Ratings seem to be pretty bad this year. Hopefully the guy they hired to do roster updates knows his stuff, or else we could be doing alot of editing ourselves.

Noteable players not in the game:

Hamed Haddadi - Grizzlies
Nathan Jawai - Raptors (this dude signed early enough to be in the game )
Sun Yue - Lakers

# 31 ctdaprince @ 09/21/08 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha.Pink.Pantha
I'll wait for a 2K Share file from someone who watched the NBA last year.

Coby Karl, Chris Mihm and Josh Powell ALL better than Radmonavich?

Question for 2K: Which one of these four played (or would have played) significant minutes in the Finals.
did you see radmanovic in the finals he was horrible i was hoping LA would get rid of him but his contract is so big nobody wants him

i understand why you cant show us the thunder's jerseys but why not the kings and the magic most of us have already seen thier new jerseys

# 32 kozmikr @ 09/21/08 12:50 PM
These ratings are a MESS. Does 2k actually employ idiots to do these ratings or is this their way of trying to be politically correct and be conservative so that they don't anger any of these superstar players?
Lebron having A- and B- defense is a farce. Not to mention a B+ outside shot. I won't even bother to get out the NBA.com shot chart that shows he makes an obscenely pathetic percentage of his jumpshots.
Chris Paul having an A in perimeter defense? Are you kidding me? Steals =/= defense. Sorry but this is beyond stupid.
Dwyane Wade having a 97 rating coming off the worst season of his career. Makes a lot of sense. The only time we saw him was in the olympics, and I guess if we're judging off that, then Kobe isn't a 99 and J-kidd should be low 80's.
Andrew Bynum with a D- athleticism? This kid has a 35+ inch vertical and runs a sub 6 minute mile at 7+ feet. Essentially they're telling us he's equal in athleticism to Zach Randolph and worse than Eddy Curry.

# 33 eko718 @ 09/21/08 01:00 PM
The ratings look good by and large to me when you consider the STATISTICS and SCALE that 2K uses to create ratings. Some players seem to have recieved unwarranted boosts in certain areas, but by and large I think they did as good a job as they always have.

# 34 riDIRKulous41 @ 09/21/08 01:04 PM
JKidd is rated higher than Dirk...LOL

# 35 Tha.Pink.Pantha @ 09/21/08 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctdaprince
did you see radmanovic in the finals he was horrible i was hoping LA would get rid of him but his contract is so big nobody wants him

i understand why you cant show us the thunder's jerseys but why not the kings and the magic most of us have already seen thier new jerseys
I certainly did. Karl and Mihm DID NOT PLAY. And when they did come in the game was decided.

# 36 supermati @ 09/21/08 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctdaprince
The funny thing is that he erased the pictures on those teams, but when you actually look at all the other teams player pictures, they only have plain white jerseys.

# 37 eko718 @ 09/21/08 01:14 PM
Hey Steve, Does this game have the Hornets new court by any chance?

# 38 blingballa333 @ 09/21/08 01:18 PM
Hey guys. I hear alot of you griping about big man mid range ratings. You have to take into account that the "out" rating is combining mid and 3pt ratings. But that still doesnt make the fact that camby and garnett are both c's when KG shot 11% better than him on 2pt jumpshots last year. And how the hell does Ryan Anderson have a A- outside shot?

# 39 Tha_Kid @ 09/21/08 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
I'm not even complaining. Just observing, lmao. I can't wait for the user created roster files.
After a quick glance at those ratings what else can you do lol. Man I'll be waiting for someone who knows how to rate roleplayers.

# 40 Tha.Pink.Pantha @ 09/21/08 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by left4dead
@ LeBron, KG and anyone else being rated a 99.

Only Kobe Bryant deserves a rating that high.
Nah, Bron deserves it, too. KG and Paul don't though. Paul should be a 96 and KG should be a 97.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.