Home
News Post

We've just posted another NBA 2K9 video. This is part 1 of a few association videos, over the next few days. I'll try to upload a gameplay video later this evening, no promises.

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 DakkoN @ 09/22/08 06:50 PM

# 22 ps2king @ 09/22/08 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrtech

I hope that is fixed. EVERYTHING for EVERYONE should be completely customizable by now.
True...

eye color, what's the point?

With no college game to import draft classes we need more options than "eye color"...

# 23 Shinyhubcaps @ 09/22/08 06:52 PM
I noticed the eye color thing and had to do a double-take. I'm a little surprised, but I don't know how much it affects me.

That Bucks box score was awful. Jefferson had only 14 minutes?

Also, with the ratings viewer, even if you look at their ratings, you probably won't remember what they were rated in everything by the time you reach the end of the season, especially since most people play their seasons and will be selecting mid-late 1st round.

# 24 Shinyhubcaps @ 09/22/08 06:53 PM
Oh, forgot to mention. I nitpick, but everything looks great. Thanks for uploading this, Steve.

# 25 buttsakk @ 09/22/08 06:55 PM
Umm, this isn't the final build correct? Maybe this will be filled in later... who knows

# 26 timotim19 @ 09/22/08 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
This is no doubt tied to the fact that 2K still uses PRE determined pictures that they create to match the rookie coming into the league for player cards and the like. If Steve would have showed you his player card, You would see that his player card pic vaguely resembles the character and is the same reason why we most likely will get a black silhouette for created players yet again. 2K needs to address this issue and this is the very reason why they should try to avoid situations like this. 2K needs to add the ability for the game to take a realtime player shot of our players... the current method simply does NOT work. Please add this in one of your updates.

# 27 portlandblazer @ 09/22/08 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timotim19
This is no doubt tied to the fact that 2K still uses PRE determined pictures that they create to match the rookie coming into the league for player cards and the like. If Steve would have showed you his player card, You would see that his player card pic vaguely resembles the character and is the same reason why we most likely will get a black silhouette for created players yet again. 2K needs to address this issue and this is the very reason why they should try to avoid situations like this. 2K needs to add the ability for the game to take a realtime player shot of our players... the current method simply does NOT work. Please add this in one of your updates.
i would much rather have a black silhoutte and the ability to edit a players appearance then a stupid picture and some douche bag that looks all fat with blonde afro.

# 28 thereginator28 @ 09/22/08 07:21 PM
Thanks for the vid Steve. Looking forward to seeing some more Association footage.

# 29 confused1 @ 09/22/08 07:27 PM
My question,

Are there game by game, daily or weekly highlights like in NFL 2k5?
What other good things are in the Association and the Regular game?

# 30 XavierVE @ 09/22/08 07:38 PM
It actually looks like you can hit the RB or LB in order to get more options on appearance changes. So yeah, on "face", you can only change eye color but if you hit RB, it probably goes to hair, facial hair, etc.

As said, the point to this feature and what makes it so cool isn't that you can go look at their attributes and self-cheat the game, but that you can make sure one of the top prospects you wish to draft doesn't have fire-engine red hair with a flat-top. Heh.

This will also help the hardcore amongst us that play four seasons plus and see the rare draftee here or there with the same name as someone drafted years prior.

I'm also surprised that nobody is excited about the option to change shoes. That is huge, as four years in... most players had plain white shoes on 2K8.

# 31 XenoZograscope @ 09/22/08 07:39 PM
The swaying windows looked pretty nifty and I like the NBA layout. I cant wait to get started on my Grizz's dynasty.

# 32 DakkoN @ 09/22/08 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierVE
It actually looks like you can hit the RB or LB in order to get more options on appearance changes. So yeah, on "face", you can only change eye color but if you hit RB, it probably goes to hair, facial hair, etc.
It doesn't. RB and LB goes between Accessories, Hair, Face, Details, etc. If you look at the other video, All of the face stuff is in one menu.

The other video had "Hair", this one doesn't.

# 33 eDotd @ 09/22/08 07:58 PM
Thanks for the video, Steve.

# 34 DakkoN @ 09/22/08 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
If the rookies are messed up again this year I might switch to Live, wow. Yes it is that important to me. I don't want some fire red haired pale guy being the stud prospect and not have the ability to edit him.
It showed a rookie in the video. He's a normal looking black man.

# 35 Kully @ 09/22/08 08:40 PM
I'm glad they fixed some of the little things, like rookie contracts. Thanks 2K.

# 36 timotim19 @ 09/22/08 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by portlandblazer
i would much rather have a black silhouette and the ability to edit a players appearance then a stupid picture and some douche bag that looks all fat with blonde afro.
I would too, thats just it. 2K is putting themselves in this situation by their lack of change with the feature. What they face here is a situation where if they allowed you to edit the rookies faces however you wanted, it wouldn't match the pre-made pic that was created for that rookie... this would look odd because you could take that black rookie in the video and edit his skin color to make him white, yet you will still see that black rookie pic associated with the white rookie whenever they show his player card in menus/during the game.

Problem #2 would come into play if 2K said **** it, every prospect that the user changes automatically gets the black silhouette instead of the pre-made picture... now the problem is that most of the league would then have a black silhouette because I will most certainly want to edit most of the prospects in the game in some fashion weather it be hair/skin/looks for variety purposes.

The solution here would be for 2K to come up with a better way of showing the created players and rookies so that they are represented exactly how they look in the game... the only way to do that is to have the game take a realtime snap shot of out players. NBA Inside Drive did it on XBOX 1, I dont see why they cant do it now.

Lastly this is needed more now than ever before because we dont have a CHoops this year so trying to make accurate draft classes though editing them is very important. Not letting us change the look of the rookies is stupid and has rendered this whole feature useless now.

# 37 Primerica @ 09/22/08 09:00 PM
Bird Rules Contracts
NBA.com stuff
League Pass
Edit Rookies before the draft classes like NFL 2k5
I hope coaches can be fired
Kobe content lol, that's a lot more then last yr trash

# 38 supermati @ 09/22/08 09:04 PM
Cool! Hope you can make the menu stay still tough.

# 39 footballfanatic1 @ 09/22/08 09:24 PM
There are always small things that make me scratch my head with 2K. Don't get me wrong, when it comes to game play they're the best. But small details like not being able to edit everything about a draft prospect is weird seeing as how it doesn't take much to add that into the game.

# 40 jewelz1132 @ 09/22/08 09:31 PM
damn 69 overall...2K dont like the 76ers lol

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.