Home
News Post

We've just posted another gameplay clip from NBA 2K9.

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 elprez98 @ 09/23/08 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
because it doesn't make sense to use the same stick for moving and doing dribbling moves. it's just a bad idea. when you have a separate stick just for the dribbling moves, it makes the dribbling more consistent and more responsive. they don't need to have the right stick dedicated to shooting, because you can just use a shot button like live does.

i remember liking 2k's dribbling better before they added the shot stick. back then the right stick was used for dribbling moves.
That's all a preference, because I never use a shot button. I use the shot stick because its easier for me to time different shots.

# 162 elprez98 @ 09/23/08 12:14 PM
I can't wait to see how this bad boy plays out online.

# 163 Bornindamecca @ 09/23/08 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Born is trying really hard here to pull you back from the psychotic ledge you're hanging onto DC.

# 164 Nodima @ 09/23/08 12:20 PM
I don't like having dribbling moves as a separate stick, it's one more second you have to move the thumb from the stick to the shot button. Not to mention I'm not so hot at making opposites do opposite things on a fast twitch, it's why I prefer slower paced games like SOCOM to COD or Halo. It's a lot easier for me to be coordinate or whatever if everything that has to do with dribbling goes on in one place rather than two.

# 165 NINJAK2 @ 09/23/08 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
They still have ridiculous gameplay-interrupting replays. I see them on TV all the time. I'll give you the stat overlays, but no way is commentary a nitpick. Live's commentary is good, this commentary is HORRENDOUS. It's really so bad that I would turn it off. It goes like this, made shot = terrible one-liner. It's so bad, that it sucks the life out of the game. Not to mention it's the same damn script as the past 2 years, when they promised revamped commentary. It's so bad, that the color commentator said "you knew that one was good as soon as it left his hand" on a FREE THROW.

2K presentation producer, what the hell are you thinking?

The game looks STERILE, stale, and like I've played it before. The individual and team A.I. are still nowhere near close to playing like their real-life counterparts. Why don't they add team or coach specific playsets? Watch, try playing Association and tell me that all the teams don't play the same. It's been the same since forever and you know that, yet it's an area they could EASILY improve.

And I'm not trying to bash it, this is what it is to me. I'm a hardcore 2K player, but I can't change what I see.
It's going to be hard to get team specific playbooks in these games. Do you think these companies just call up the Lakers, Celtics, etc. and they send them their complete team playbooks? Your expectation is redidiculous. Just Like you will never see Madden with The REAL PLAYBOOKS to perfection, the same goes for NBA. If you guys want perfection as far as a hoop sim in Live and 2k, you should give up video games, grab 9 friends and a ball and go outside.

Some of you cats think making a sports sim is as simple as making popcorn in the microwave. I suggest some of you get a degree in computer programming and show us and them (2k and Live) how it's done.

# 166 DC @ 09/23/08 12:22 PM
@ Pared

# 167 DaImmaculateONe @ 09/23/08 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
It's going to be hard to get team specific playbooks in these games. Do you think these companies just call up the Lakers, Celtics, etc. and they send them their complete team playbooks? Your expectation is redidiculous. Just Like you will never see Madden with The REAL PLAYBOOKS to perfection, the same goes for NBA. If you guys want perfection as far as a hoop sim in Live and 2k, you should give up video games, grab 9 friends and a ball and go outside.

Some of you cats think making a sports sim is as simple as making popcorn in the microwave. I suggest some of you get a degree in computer programming and show us and them (2k and Live) how it's done.
Why doesnt 2k just go buy a copy nba live 09 see wat plays they have that are similar for each team and have those linked to the specific teams. Problem solved

# 168 Pared @ 09/23/08 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
I just wanted to add to that good post that the art team is (probably) also responsible for the new menu's, overlay, etc. in association, exhibition and other game modes.

Just something for fellas to keep in mind. When a gamer thinks art... they think player accessories but a developer has a bigger plate than that.

# 169 DC @ 09/23/08 12:30 PM
I would be fine if we can just ADD/DROP any plays from the Default Team's Playbook so that when the personnel changes, we won't be stuck with Center Plays for the Magic when Dwight is no longer there. Thats all I want/need.

And then make sure the CPu runs the plays that are in THAT team's playbook

# 170 blues rocker @ 09/23/08 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
I would be fine if we can just ADD/DROP any plays from the Default Team's Playbook so that when the personnel changes, we won't be stuck with Center Plays for the Magic when Dwight is no longer there. Thats all I want/need.

the live 09 developers have said that live 09 will have this feature. if a player is traded and the team dynamic changes, the team will use NEW plays that work with the NEW players.

they could be lying, but that is what they claim. they said it would be part of their new updating system that will update player tendencies as well as team tendencies and strategy.

# 171 DaImmaculateONe @ 09/23/08 12:41 PM
By the way how does licensing for the announcers work? Would it be possible to somehow acquire the sounds dubs from previous year of nba games and use those commentary for each team home game?

# 172 elprez98 @ 09/23/08 12:43 PM
Quote:

I thought that the AI chose plays based on personnel?

# 173 KG @ 09/23/08 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2

It's not hard to figure out what plays any team runs. All you would need is a real X's & O's guys to watch games. Yes, it's probably unrealistic to expect every play to be in there but the general sets for the sake of a video game are fairly easy to pick up on. Hell, I could probably diagram half of the Wiz's playbook off the top of my head and some of the Lakers.

Fball should be even easier IMO.

# 174 ThaGenecyst @ 09/23/08 12:46 PM
offtopic:

DC did u call aholbert "hoiberg" as in Fred Hoiberg???

on topic, the vids look nice, but they never do 2k Justice... I get excited for vids and go crazy when I'm actually playing...

I'm pretty sure like previous 2k games, we'll be seeing new animations well into the game's life span... I wish I could say the same about the commentary lol

But i'm seeing good improvements in these vids gameplay-wise, atmosphere-wise, graphics-wise, and animation-wise

It's all coming together nicely

# 175 DC @ 09/23/08 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elprez98
I thought that the AI chose plays based on personnel?
I don't know WHAT they do but I know they don't use the plays from the team's playbook. They use teams from the "All Plays" playbook which I hate

# 176 ThaGenecyst @ 09/23/08 12:48 PM
Quote:
I don't know WHAT they do but I know they don't use the plays from the team's playbook. They use teams from the "All Plays" playbook which I hate
pfff, Like u don't like running that motown music play repeatedly

# 177 jewelz1132 @ 09/23/08 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaGenecyst
worst play ever..............

# 178 Goffs @ 09/23/08 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaGenecyst
lol

# 179 tongefactor40 @ 09/23/08 12:56 PM
anyone else having a hard time watching the vids? Mine will load completely and play for 3 seconds but just stop after that

# 180 Rebel_INS @ 09/23/08 12:58 PM
How about suggesting that 4 next years version they incorporate a "create a play" feature. That way if u have a problem with the default playbook, u can create your own plays. And if you're hard pressed 2 capture the teams exact playbook, u can do some research yourself and put em in. If they did it, I'm sure it'd be something up/downloadable...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.