Home
Madden 09 News Post

The Madden NFL 09 patch #2 has been released. Please post your impressions here.

Madden NFL 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 adembroski @ 09/23/08 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye1328
Total noob question, and slightly off topic, but what's "DLC"?
Downloadable Content. Like a patch, but you've gotta go into the marketplace to get it, and normally they're not free. They are, however, optional and don't prevent you from playing online with people who don't have it.

The DLC for Madden is, we hope, free, and includes accelerated clock, cpu sliders, a legacygen controller scheme, and some community specific gamerpics (I'm assuming OS/MM as well as EA Sports forums).

THIS is what I'm waiting for. The two patches are nice, but it's the DLC that'll make Madden for me this year.

# 42 TJdaSportsGuy @ 09/23/08 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Great impressions...LOL

Three pages of people not getting the patch, complaining about not getting the patch etc.
Dude...you've been around long enough. Are you really surprised?

# 43 SoxFan01605 @ 09/23/08 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Great impressions...LOL

Three pages of people not getting the patch, complaining about not getting the patch etc.

Can anyone give real impressions?
I'm sure when people actually get some time with the updated game you'll get some news. Every thread where there was open discussion regarding the patch (other than impressions) was closed and new threads regarding that will keep getting closed. This is the only thread where it makes sense for people to discuss it. I'd imagine until the people who are up all have the patch, it will continue.

# 44 hawkeye1328 @ 09/23/08 07:34 AM
Thanks for the quick answers.

# 45 bcruise @ 09/23/08 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
Can anyone tell me if penalties (BESIDES holding and facemask) are called at a realistic rate now? I have ALL of mine jacked as high as they can go, but only see an occassional holding and facemask. (pre-patch)
I've seen 2 false starts in my first game (along with that delay, the CPU does more fake snaps, and sometimes they'll backfire), but no PI yet. Mind you this is only through 2 1/2 quarters (and that's why nobody's really giving impressions yet )

# 46 Scoop 24 @ 09/23/08 07:40 AM
got it just now testing.

# 47 NiteLordz @ 09/23/08 07:43 AM
got prompted for the patch as soon as i booted up. played a quick exhibition game, and have to say a few things i noticed. i was able to adjust my defense alot more before the cpu quick snapped. A+ EA. i also got flagged for an offsides ( cpu controlled guy ). A+ EA. didn't see the cpu run out of bounds A+ EA. seen some field degradation B+ EA.

good job. now for the DLC and no Robo QB, and i will be set.

# 48 alwayz0npoint @ 09/23/08 07:44 AM
*Xbox 360*

Just got home from work and DL the patch :]

my thoughts..

Played a 10 min Jaqs/Colts. There is a big difference in the gameplay.

- Receivers never ran out of bounds.

- Alot of penalties were called..only got holding and false start called though.

- Peyton Manning actually audible alot of times!..Realistic.

I did get picked off 3 times and still managed to win 20-17.(Thanks to jaqs running game and defense was great.)

Overall , Good job on EA for this one..I want accelerated clock so then i can set it to 15 min. QB do take time..which is a good thing. I actually had fun playing.

# 49 TheWood56 @ 09/23/08 07:52 AM
Maybe a dumb question... but does patch #2 cover patch #1 if you haven't already downloaded it?

Also... is there anyway you can download the patch if you can't connect your console to the internet?

I can't connect my PS3 to the internet. DNS error or something. I've tried everything and it always says this.

# 50 schmiggyjk @ 09/23/08 07:54 AM
Without and internet connection, it isn't going to work.

If you are having wireless issues, try running cat5 cable from your router/modem right to the PS3, at least as a temp measure to get online and get patches.

There are a lot less issues with direct connections than wireless.

# 51 bcruise @ 09/23/08 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWood56
Maybe a dumb question... but does patch #2 cover patch #1 if you haven't already downloaded it?

Also... is there anyway you can download the patch if you can't connect your console to the internet?

I can't connect my PS3 to the internet. DNS error or something. I've tried everything and it always says this.
Yes, it does...I found this out because after I got the download prompt, I canceled out of it to relay the message to OS. That was D-U-M-B - the auto-updater wouldn't come up again, and so I had to delete my game data (1st patch and all) and redownload the patches. It only came up as 1 download, 29 MB I believe.

Word of advice - don't EVER cancel out of a patch download. You have been warned.

# 52 patti72 @ 09/23/08 07:59 AM
I just finished my first game with the the patch!

Penalties were upped quite a bit. I used all my old sliders etc. and had penalties all on 95... result 18 total penalties for 160 (I had 10-95 and cpu 8-65) I had one clipping, two face masks, and the rest were all holding or false starts!

The recievers running out of bounds is in fact fixed.

I LOVE the delay in snaping the ball now ... I actually only had 109 plays with 9 min quarters where before i was gettin about 125 ... up to 10 min quarters I guess

On the field Degradation ... I'm really tired, and forgot to even look for it... so thats my bad. lol.

Ok off to bed... happy gaming

# 53 Jaysworld26 @ 09/23/08 08:00 AM
Field does turn brown from mud of rain. The uniforms still get as dirty, but it gets dirty depending how long they play.It looks overall really good. I decided to let the cpu play cpu while I took a shower before I go to school. Doesn't seem like the cpu goes out of bounds when they can run for more yards. Donald lee just caught a pass and almost went out, but tried to turn up field. Direct Snap is fixed, because I tested it before I started this game. Also progression works, but it only shows up in the depth chart. In player management it states Jennings is a 93, but in depth chart it says 98, Jones a 90, but in management a 84. This is from my 2nd season, because I already completed year one. Overall it looks good...

# 54 TheWood56 @ 09/23/08 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmiggyjk
Without and internet connection, it isn't going to work.

If you are having wireless issues, try running cat5 cable from your router/modem right to the PS3, at least as a temp measure to get online and get patches.

There are a lot less issues with direct connections than wireless.
I just connect my ethernet cable right into the back of my modem... though when the PS3 goes to connect... it always says there's a DNS error for some reason.

I've rang the PS3 hotline like 6 times and they haven't been able to help me out with this. I have no idea what's going on.

# 55 oChaos_Nine @ 09/23/08 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
Can anyone tell me if penalties (BESIDES holding and facemask) are called at a realistic rate now? I have ALL of mine jacked as high as they can go, but only see an occassional holding and facemask. (pre-patch)
11 penalties thru 3 1/2 qtrs. I play on 7 min qtrs BTW. Most all have been holding with 3 on returns. 1 PI on the CPU and 1 false start by me. I could hit 20 by the end of the game, may have to adjust some sliders. That's a few too many.

# 56 23bluesman @ 09/23/08 08:07 AM
Anyone still getting freezes? It's the only reason I haven't bought this game yet.

# 57 rainesdaddy @ 09/23/08 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonasis
That must be the case cause i'm not getting squat so there's obviously still some issues with people receiving the patch ...Quite frustrating..Its Not like Philly is a small city
I too was not getting the prompt, so i went to sytem update, downloaded the System update, then started the game and got prompted for the patch. Coincidence? I dont know but try it.

# 58 schmiggyjk @ 09/23/08 08:10 AM
do you have some sort of built in hardware firewall on your modem?

# 59 berad88 @ 09/23/08 08:13 AM
I played one game since downloading the patch. Broncos(me) vs. Cards at Denver. 8min quarters xbox360

There was one time when the cpu quickly snapped the ball and when I say quickly I mean immediately. Like there was not time to blink or anything and that was on a field goal attempt. This only happened once. They attempted 3 other field goals and it never happened on them just that one.

As far as the Field Degradation I did not seem to notice anything but I also do not know what I am really looking for. Does the game have to be played in bad weather? It was nice and sunny in the game I played and the field always seemed to appear the same but again I am really not totally sure what this actually does.

The cpu did not do any stupid plays where it would run straight out of bounds. There was one play that annoyed me though. It was 3rd down with about 8 yards to go. Their receiver caught the ball along the sidelines and turned up field and sidestepped out of bounds RIGHT BEFORE the first down marker when he could of easily charged straight ahead and got at least another yard.

I also simmed a season. (the raiders went to the superbowl lol) Progression and regression is improved and I like it a lot how it is but I think a lot of you may be dissapointed. It is not massive progression like in NCAA 09 which is good because I dont want my whole team to become superstars.

# 60 TT Mc Dre @ 09/23/08 08:13 AM
Got my patch for 360...The field degeneration is way better to start off it looks more like mud on the fielld. the going out of bounds is gone, I saw a packers tight end catch the ball, get tackled and try to fight his way up field but was driven out of bounds instead. I think this animation was in 08. The delay time will piss some people off but I love it cause it feels more realistic. The game even looks like it's slowed down a bit too, just doesn't seem as fast. Good job EA the improvements are there family.

P.S. I just saw Brees throw a sideline pass to Colston and usually he would run out of bounds but instead he caught and spin away from the sideline and ran up field. It's like the game is showing of it's new features. LOL

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.