Home
News Post

We have just uploaded another NBA 2K9 video. This one featuring the Bulls @ Cavs.

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 sleezy101 @ 09/25/08 07:38 PM
^ ye hopefully they didn't over do the blocks

# 42 JWiLL02 @ 09/25/08 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleezy101
Ok nice to see a fellow canadian raptor fan, I am from brampton, ontario
North York here!

It's too bad that in the Raptors-Wizards clip the only jump shot we saw was Moon's. I REALLY hope they gave Kapono a quick release this year, and Parker's shot is his own instead of Tony Parker's.

That Deng mid range play by the AI was great. Never seen that before in a game.

# 43 Brooklynnets24 @ 09/25/08 07:45 PM
u have feeling there will be a lot of blocks in this game and 2k will have a patch to fix that....anyways nice short clip Lebron looked like chucky when he did that and 1 expression. When Lebron did the first shot change it looked too unrealistic

# 44 sleezy101 @ 09/25/08 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWiLL02
North York here!

It's too bad that in the Raptors-Wizards clip the only jump shot we saw was Moon's. I REALLY hope they gave Kapono a quick release this year, and Parker's shot is his own instead of Tony Parker's.

That Deng mid range play by the AI was great. Never seen that before in a game.
ye man and 2k underated
parker by giving him a 78
he is at least an 80
I dont know how they rated Jerry stackhouse higher than him (80)

# 45 shadio5 @ 09/25/08 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
Shotstick looks great. But yea, there's still quite a bit of blocks. There had to have been around 5 in that short clip.

the shots that were blocked WERE SMART BLOCKS...I LOVE the fact that we have more contact this year. This is the answer to all the cheese maddness (limit cheese)......WE NEED THESE BLOCKS and THANKGOD WE HAVE IT.

VC/2k sports fan

# 46 RubenDouglas @ 09/25/08 07:56 PM
RE: the crowd. ive seen some videos where halfway through the game there will be times when the crowd doesnt stand up or make alot of noise for 4-5 minutes.. all the games ive seen have started off REAL loud and upbeat but they definetly seem dynamic..

# 47 Magic12ball @ 09/25/08 07:59 PM
Thank you Steve

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Do one with my Orlando Magic and the new uniforms against New Orleans!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would greatly appreciate it!

# 48 blingballa333 @ 09/25/08 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynnets24
u have feeling there will be a lot of blocks in this game and 2k will have a patch to fix that....anyways nice short clip Lebron looked like chucky when he did that and 1 expression. When Lebron did the first shot change it looked too unrealistic
Looked pretty damn real to me....

# 49 HeavenlyTouch @ 09/25/08 08:08 PM
This game is incredible..

Anyone notice Gooden's signature animation on the post up drive?

I've seen him do that in real life countless times..

To those who detest some of the shot blocking:

None of those blocked shots were out of place, I think it was user error. Steve put up some ill advised shots with the defender right on him, in all those instances, he should have been blocked.

# 50 Vast @ 09/25/08 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadio5
the shots that were blocked WERE SMART BLOCKS...I LOVE the fact that we have more contact this year. This is the answer to all the cheese maddness (limit cheese)......WE NEED THESE BLOCKS and THANKGOD WE HAVE IT.

VC/2k sports fan
Co-sign. Blocks are GREAT! They've definitely been missing in 2k games. Has anyone ever gotten 10 blocks ever with one player before?? I've never gotten more than 3 in any 2k basketball ever. been playing since NBA2k.

But either way those blocks in the clip were warranted. Lebron pulling up infront of Deng..blocked. Weak post moves by Wallace and Verijao.... blocked. LOVE IT

# 51 DaImmaculateONe @ 09/25/08 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyTouch
This game is incredible..

Anyone notice Gooden's signature animation on the post up drive?

I've seen him do that in real life countless times..

To those who detest some of the shot blocking:

None of those blocked shots were out of place, I think it was user error. Steve put up some ill advised shots with the defender right on him, in all those instances, he should have been blocked.
Was that luo deng that blocked varejao jump hook or was that tyrus thomas?

# 52 HeavenlyTouch @ 09/25/08 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaImmaculateONe
Was that luo deng that blocked varejao jump hook or was that tyrus thomas?
Tyrus Thomas.

# 53 Vast @ 09/25/08 08:27 PM
The record for most blocks in a single game is 17. the record for most blocks in a half is 11. good luck getting anywhere close in previous 2k games. I know its a record for a reason but i've never gotten more than 3 with one player. My players hands have gone through balls tons of times resulting in a non-block.

Hell Mark Eaton averaged 5.56 blocks per game for a whole season!

The beefing up of blocks has me most excited.

# 54 Brooklynnets24 @ 09/25/08 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blingballa333

Looked pretty damn real to me....

hes going for a striaht up dunk then his body does an immediate 180

# 55 bateman11 @ 09/25/08 08:36 PM
Thanks for the vid..

Well, LeBrons pullup jumper really doesn't look good. Looks the same as last year and it seems as if it will be blocked everytime. Not Good.

# 56 shadio5 @ 09/25/08 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
The record for most blocks in a single game is 17. the record for most blocks in a half is 11. good luck getting anywhere close in previous 2k games. I know its a record for a reason but i've never gotten more than 3 with one player. My players hands have gone through balls tons of times resulting in a non-block.

The beefing up of blocks has me most excited.
ME TOO...but watch people start cryin and then 2k will send out another DEATH PATCH to ruin the game like last year. 2k8 was fine when first released, it was almost perfect until people started crying about not being able to score......all 2k needed to do last year was fix the double team glitch and lead pass, but they just over did it......please people, CONTACT IS NEEDED MORE THAT ANYTHING...more contact is a strong ingredient to the no cheese recipe.

VC/2k sports fan

# 57 fat_jed @ 09/25/08 08:38 PM
exactly.

one thing to note is that they got the court colours right i think. its a brighter red now. Also you think Ben Wallace will have his afro on show in some games?

# 58 Goffs @ 09/25/08 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bateman11
Thanks for the vid..

Well, LeBrons pullup jumper really doesn't look good. Looks the same as last year and it seems as if it will be blocked everytime. Not Good.
so one blocked jumper of James equals blocked all the time? watch the beginning of the vid again he had a jumper and it wasnt blocked

Steve shouldve done a bit of shake and bake or take to the hoop strong

oh and lol at steves D ...i know its the lag while recording but still

# 59 PimpenBaller1 @ 09/25/08 08:49 PM
The best video of them all, 2k9 all year this time around.
This game looks great this year, I cant wait to play, start a franchise, and I actually think I might spend time online this time around!

Ah! What do I do with my pre-ordered NBA Live =(
Sad moment in my life.

# 60 dangerzone1 @ 09/25/08 08:52 PM
I think it would be cool if LBJ & and other people have more than one form. One of them he leaves his hand in the air after he shoots and the other one he just puts it down. They both have the same release but he either leave's his hand up their or just puts it down after the shot.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.