Home
News Post

We have just posted another video from NBA 2K9. This time it's the Mavs @ Pistons.

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 RubenDouglas @ 09/29/08 05:18 PM
Maybe its me just noticing this one instance and freaking out, but Pared or Steve, are yall getting frustrated by your crappy rated CPU teammates doing stupid stuff??

Why is stuckey reaching in on kidd?

honestly, I love the human error aspect. I hope the CPU team does that as well. I have never seen a CPU teammate do something quite like that. Maybe 2ksports/VC is wanting us to play more on ball defense and punishes the user?? crazy theory i know lol

also, steve, you missed a billups cut to the basket from a rasheed wallace screen as he got open on the bottom right. you then passed it around and kidd stole it. But it just goes to show, its easier to tell someone that a guy is cutting and to get it to him than to be the one doing it when you have to look at the whole picture. I can really see myself and others really practicing and getting skilled at that sort of thing... I cant believe all these cuts and moves when no plays are being called. Just a truely free flowing dynamic setting.

Mastering a pre written script (ie set plays) is one thing, but this sort of improv on the fly learning is what excites me. When will Rip go thru a screen next? as billups with the ball, i need to be on my toes 24/7. Set plays in essence, get old. This sort of stuff, which may very well be a set play has the dynamic feel to it. I love it

# 62 LETS BALL @ 09/29/08 05:44 PM
i wanna see the atlanta hawks play against memhis..thanks

# 63 BamaBoy88 @ 09/29/08 05:50 PM
New Jersey versus Philly

# 64 blackngoldfan @ 09/29/08 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepen03
the court is wrong, the far side by the benches should be blue.
But whatever, 2k is still the best b-ball game ever and ill be there the first morning to get it.
I haven't seen the Piston's court for the upcoming season, but it seems that they've slightly changed it. There used to be a red circle in the paint, but now it's a red half circle.

# 65 "The Veal" @ 09/29/08 06:01 PM
Man i am loving these vids, There killing me at the same time, 8 more days.

First Post, Woo

# 66 HELLisFUN @ 09/29/08 06:23 PM
A couple of things really got my attention:

- There are more charges which is great

- At 4:00 mark, Wallace receives the ball in the post and turns to the basket while Prince is in the opposite corner, Howard comes to help but realizes that Wallace sees and can easily pass to Prince for an Open 3, Howard retrieves back to Prince and then Wallace goes into the post-up position and right as he's about to shoot the turn-around, Dirk comes over to help although it's too late and Wallace has made the shot.

That was like a REAL life play right there, I was wowed.

# 67 DaWu @ 09/29/08 07:11 PM
thx steve for a mavs vide. too bad I couldnt see dirks shot though

# 68 Jonesy @ 09/29/08 07:22 PM
Man that was very impressive. Like others have touched on i'm loving how the cpu controlled teamates seem to have a mind of their own and don't just stand around like zombies anymore. That feature alone will give this game infinitley more replay value imo and i can't wait to get my hands on it.

I loved how it appeared that a smart player like Kidd (who dominates in real life without scoring much himself) made some excellent decisions and seemed "smarter" than any other player on the court. In the past guys like him (particularly guards) who dominated with decision making and an all around game in relation to defense and rebounding had marginal impact and too much emphasis was placed on the primary scorers in the game. Players like JR Smith were more valuable to a team then players like Kidd or Andre Miller and that seems to be a thing of the past which i love.

# 69 jfsolo @ 09/29/08 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
I welcome people that play against me to attempt charges around the perimeter. I don't use turbo like that so they will never get it on me
You gotta get one ever now and then. Sometimes you have to get in your mind that "I'm taking it to the rack hard, and flushing on this guy no matter what" You gotta be out of control occasionally, or else its not fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
He will still get a 0 for flash passing nonetheless.
But what if its already at 0(or 50 maybe?)

# 70 luv_mist @ 09/29/08 08:21 PM
I know that this game is suppose to be the greatest in a few days, but I'm still peeved about the jumpshot animation from off the dribble. It's a little stutter that looks like it will definitely bring about some unrealistic recovery. At about the 51 second mark where Richard tries to do it from the elbow. Those precious seconds count. Sucks too because it's almost there. The rest of the game looks pretty solid.

Not a fan of the in the paint passing. Like a flaw from 2k8 that got through but it could definitely be a minor annoyance. Dampier with dimes?? They need to honestly just fix up the movement and footing so that passes could be more realistic. Definitely want to see how it plays when I get my hands on it eventually. The computer is definitley smarter than I expected. It's really improving. I'm liking what I see so far. Commentary is.....

Also glad that the layups aren't automatic everytime either. Hated seeing every scrub and bench warmer making layups on a foul shot but I couldn't get anything down with my star players. Computer looks more realistic. Charges are so on point. Thank goodness. AMAZING STUFF!!

# 71 BamaBoy88 @ 09/29/08 08:37 PM
Dwight Howard MVP

# 72 Jonesy @ 09/29/08 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBoy88
Dwight Howard MVP
Dude stop posting such random crap posts. If you don't have anything worthwhile to contribute then don't.

# 73 slamfan4life @ 09/29/08 09:28 PM
please please please Miami Heat Vs. Chicago Bulls aka B-Easy vs Rose

# 74 yungmac1 @ 09/29/08 09:31 PM
I don't know if this has been stated but why after all these years has 2K not fix the bench situation for the pistons. they always have them sitting left of the scores table, but they actually sit to the right side.

# 75 "The Veal" @ 09/29/08 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBoy88
Dwight Howard MVP
......oookkk

# 76 BamaBoy88 @ 09/29/08 10:09 PM
well seein as this is a public thread I can post whatever I like yo

# 77 Skullbasher @ 09/29/08 10:19 PM
one question steve, what platform are u playin this on?

# 78 slvicick @ 09/29/08 10:24 PM
How do you put someone on ignore? I'm sick of all these requests in the video threads.

There is a sticky up top for requests!

# 79 BamaBoy88 @ 09/29/08 10:33 PM
where is the thing for requests?

# 80 BamaBoy88 @ 09/29/08 10:42 PM
I ain't tryna get on nobody nerves I was just voicing my opinion about Dwight Howard bro

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.