Home
News Post

Check out the newest NBA 2K9 trailer that features "Living Rosters".

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 D.Winn @ 10/06/08 02:01 PM
nice post man..that video did a great job of explaining the minute details of living rosters.

# 2 slvicick @ 10/06/08 02:12 PM
I'm still confused about unlockable moves. I thought they were going to add "new" animations, but it sounds like there are just animations already on the disk that are just waiting for someone to go off so they can use them

# 3 RAZRr1275 @ 10/06/08 05:35 PM
Pretty nice stuff.

# 4 j.pro @ 10/06/08 06:24 PM
nice little video there explaining it for anyone who didn't know yet. Good find

# 5 jjwalto @ 10/06/08 06:43 PM
Anyone know if there will be a way to keep rosters up to date automatically when you play a season?

# 6 Moses Shuttlesworth @ 10/06/08 06:50 PM
Good to polish up on my knowledge of what I thought this living roster thing was. Should make everyone's game experience nice.

# 7 Brooklynbks4 @ 10/06/08 07:16 PM
im just more excited cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 8 bowdown2shadi @ 10/06/08 07:30 PM
Nice. For those who dont wanna click the link NBA 2K9 Living Rosters Trailer - 2K Sports

# 9 seanbarkley @ 10/06/08 07:32 PM
man, with the shoe glitch fixed and this... this must be the greatest basketball game ever!!!!

# 10 Bumble14 @ 10/06/08 09:28 PM
This just seems like such a rushed, poor mans Live 365 that I can't even get excited about it.

I GUARANTEE that the added animations are no big deal, and 90% of us won't even notice them when they're added.

It all sounds like a PR campaign to combat Live365.

# 11 JackTheRipper @ 10/06/08 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
This just seems like such a rushed, poor mans Live 365 that I can't even get excited about it.

I GUARANTEE that the added animations are no big deal, and 90% of us won't even notice them when they're added.

I can't believe people are this naive. Do you have any idea how long it takes for these things to be designed, coded, and implemented into games? BOTH companies had this roster update stuff in their design docs a long long time ago. Now, there may have been leaked information early on in development on one side or the other, but just because Live announced theirs first means nothing. If you didn't notice, Live announced EVERYTHING much earlier. Does that mean 2k didn't even have a game at that point? Obviously not.

Designing games is real business people, adult stuff. None of this happens over night.

# 12 mizzta21 @ 10/06/08 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14

so you trust EA over 2k? EA is a gimmick company. at least 2k listens to their fans and takes it all to heart by addressing all the issues we complain about. maybe 2k copied/stole it from EA but at least we have a higher chance of trusting 2k on their gimmicks to actually work and be useful i dunno. EA just looks for a gimmick each year and markets everything behind it trying to sell to the masses instead of actually listening to us. how credible is this live DNA thing especially after years of poor sports games?

# 13 texbuk84 @ 10/07/08 02:19 AM
great info. lets see how well it works though

# 14 i c u cant stop me @ 10/07/08 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzta21
so you trust EA over 2k? EA is a gimmick company. at least 2k listens to their fans and takes it all to heart by addressing all the issues we complain about. maybe 2k copied/stole it from EA but at least we have a higher chance of trusting 2k on their gimmicks to actually work and be useful i dunno. EA just looks for a gimmick each year and markets everything behind it trying to sell to the masses instead of actually listening to us. how credible is this live DNA thing especially after years of poor sports games?
I heard that live09 is already haveing dirty disk problems. Ea's disk's and the xbox360 can never get along it seems.

# 15 KaliKot @ 10/07/08 09:00 AM
At least living rosters is free!

although I like the NBA rewind feature on live

# 16 jerseyballer7 @ 10/07/08 09:04 AM
As long as they are consistent with their updates then it's all good.

# 17 PaulZweber @ 10/07/08 02:53 PM
I am more excited about "Living Rosters" than 365. EA seems to have a hard time getting features to work right, especially the first year it is in the game. I haven't had an EA game in the last few years that could track my RECORD (W-L) correctly, I sure as hell do not trust them to track the NBA correctly.

EA is already having server issues with the game, and disk errors too? I can't take my 360 sounding like my truck whenever I put in an EA game, Madden is horendous! Any other game makes no added sound, pop in Madden and I am on the freeway again!

# 18 canes2008 @ 10/07/08 02:57 PM
ok dumb question but how do i access them when i'm online?

# 19 DakkoN @ 10/07/08 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliKot
At least living rosters is free!

although I like the NBA rewind feature on live
Don't come in here with that garbage. Live 365 is free too if you actually buy a retail copy of the game..

# 20 PaulZweber @ 10/07/08 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
Don't come in here with that garbage. Live 365 is free too if you actually buy a retail copy of the game..
Free only if you buy it new, on their terms. Not able to buy it used? Dumb. We still have record stores reselling music, thank god they don't have CD-Keys on them. This is a total greed move by EA, nothing more, nothing less. Fortunately, I am not buying Live, I learned my lesson with Madden.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.