Home
News Post

October 7, 2008 – 2K Sports today announced NBA 2K9 will be available for the first time on Windows PC on October 21. The NBA 2K franchise is now poised to reach even more fans on a global scale with this addition to the already anticipated console versions of NBA 2K9.

“We are excited about the growing popularity of basketball and are eager to get NBA 2K9 in the hands of PC fans,” said Greg Thomas, senior vice president of sports development at 2K. “The PC version will please even the most dedicated basketball fans with the same level of quality simulation we’ve become known for in the console versions of the NBA 2K franchise.”

NBA 2K9 is the latest edition of NBA 2K, the #1 selling current gen basketball video game* that has also been the #1 rated NBA simulation for seven years in a row**, is back for its 10th season. NBA 2K9 is the premier basketball game for serious players, and will deliver the most realistic and feature-rich simulation experience ever available in the NBA 2K franchise – from gameplay and graphics to presentation and online features. Fans will also be able to enjoy the most up-to-date basketball experience ever available in the NBA 2K franchise through Living Rosters with constant updates to player ratings and player tendencies, along with access to exclusive unlockable animation packages for players in the game. If it happens during the regular NBA season, it will happen in NBA 2K9.

NBA 2K9 is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB and now available for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and the PLAYSTATION®3 and PlayStation®2 computer entertainment systems. For more information about NBA 2K9, please visit http://www.2ksports.com/games/nba2k9.

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jfindon @ 10/07/08 11:30 AM
So is there any new info on demo date?

# 2 warnerwlf98 @ 10/07/08 11:30 AM
I don't know if this has been posted anywhere else, but after looking at the PC version's feature list on the 2k Sports website, I noticed this:

Quote:
* Does not support any online functionality, including but not limited to online games, 2K Share, ReelMaker or Living Rosters

** Internet access required to install and authenticate game
Maybe I'm interpreting this wrong, but it seems that the PC version has almost no online capability.

# 3 jfindon @ 10/07/08 11:31 AM
The PC version doesn't have online play. It was confirmed at the 2k forums.

Doesn't matter to me because I'll take better graphics and ease of screenshot taking/movie taking over online play with a bunch of sore loser kids any day.

# 4 warnerwlf98 @ 10/07/08 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfindon
The PC version doesn't have online play. It was confirmed at the 2k forums.

Doesn't matter to me because I'll take better graphics and ease of screenshot taking/movie taking over online play with a bunch of sore loser kids any day.
Oh. I guess I've been out of the loop for awhile. Travel is tough on message board watching

# 5 jfindon @ 10/07/08 11:35 AM
I just want a demo of the PC version Bad enough the game is still 2 weeks away, but there's been NO info about this version aside from what's been posted here. No screens, no movies, no demo.

# 6 bball_1523 @ 10/07/08 12:09 PM
Is it possible to have modded online play through custom servers?

# 7 Goffs @ 10/07/08 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warnerwlf98
I don't know if this has been posted anywhere else, but after looking at the PC version's feature list on the 2k Sports website, I noticed this:

Maybe I'm interpreting this wrong, but it seems that the PC version has almost no online capability.
i really dont need online for the PC version thats what the 360 is for

im going to hold off on the PC version...im going to wait and find out if the PC version is moddable friendly...

# 8 mrdan @ 10/07/08 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_OS
Has it been confirmed if this is going to a port of the PS2 or next gen version??
It's supposedly a port of the 360 version.

# 9 jfindon @ 10/07/08 12:46 PM

# 10 Tha_Kid @ 10/07/08 01:45 PM
You need a valid Steam account to validate the game.

# 11 madmax17 @ 10/07/08 01:48 PM
Steam account is free, if you only need to validate when you install the game then I am 100% for it, if it has that invasive protection crap like securom I ain't buying.

# 12 dragonsruleme @ 10/07/08 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Kid
You need a valid Steam account to validate the game.
You could use a crack once it's out also.

Since it has no online play I assume the amount of people who pirate it will be much higher than if it wasn't.

# 13 johanan anneus @ 10/07/08 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfindon
So is there any new info on demo date?
october 2nd on 360 and ps3

# 14 jfindon @ 10/07/08 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johanan anneus
october 2nd on 360 and ps3

This is the PC thread, and it's well past the date the demo for the consoles came out. I think I know they're out on those already.

# 15 cocobee @ 10/08/08 11:55 AM
I hope they release some info, screenshots or something more PC related.

Online play is not a big deal for me, this is what I'll be running my dynasty on if it's moddable.

# 16 jfindon @ 10/08/08 02:33 PM
Rumor has it that Europe gets it on the 10th. If that's the case I'm downloading it until it's release in the US.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.