Home
NCAA March Madness 09 News Post

We have just posted our NCAA Basketball 09 Producer Blog #2 with Gameplay Producer, Connor Dougan.

Check out the Operation Sports exclusive screenshots, right here.

Quote:
"On September 9th and 10th we had the opportunity to meet with various community leaders up at EA Canada to get some constructive feedback on the feature set and the direction of the game while we were still in a position to address any issues that were brought up. The majority of the feedback was focused on Gameplay and we had the community play our game for 10 hours straight. Their feedback was invaluable, and not only helped improve our Gameplay experience – but it also helped us with our long term product direction. It was an eye opening experience for me personally and I was really happy to part of the event. I wanted to touch on some of the Gameplay changes that were made coming out of the event."

NCAA Basketball 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Basketball 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Basketball 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 29 - View All
NCAA Basketball 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 cdj @ 10/14/08 11:10 PM
Having attended the event, I am very impressed with the number of items stated that they addressed based upon feedback from the community.

# 2 Tomba @ 10/14/08 11:25 PM
I'm most happy that the feedback we gave and the information they gave us was a part of making the game better and making the communities perception of the game better as well.

EA has taken very great strides with NCAA 09 this year. Adopting the already better NBA Live 09 engine and modifying it to play a better representation of the college game should only serve as a sign that NCAA 09 will be a very good addition to your next gen console.

That demo can't come soon enough. We're all enjoying NBA Live 09 for the time being,but we have good things to look forward to with NCAA 09 as well now.

# 3 whittleboy615 @ 10/14/08 11:49 PM
Wooooo! Thompson-Boling looks beautiful!

# 4 thmst30 @ 10/15/08 12:10 AM
The arena lighting is SOOOOO much better than Live's. They aren't all dark and dreary. Nice and lit up, I like it!

# 5 JohnDoe8865 @ 10/15/08 08:45 AM
I am cautiously optimistic about the game play, now I just need more details on the ability to manage/edit/tweak the rosters, the substitution AI, the coaching styles actually being authentic, the legacy/dynasty mode, the recruiting tools, etc.

# 6 Brandwin @ 10/15/08 10:22 AM
Is this going to have a dynasty mode?

# 7 DubTrey1 @ 10/15/08 10:38 AM
Having no alternative for college hoops, I am watching this title closely and hoping that EA does right by us and makes a stellar title. Fingers crossed.

# 8 cdj @ 10/15/08 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
Is this going to have a dynasty mode?
Yes, it will.

# 9 OU81206 @ 10/15/08 10:55 AM
Anybody who thinks this game is going to be decent is fooling themselves. EA+Exclusive License = Garbage Game.

# 10 mercalnd @ 10/15/08 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OU81206
Anybody who thinks this game is going to be decent is fooling themselves. EA+Exclusive License = Garbage Game.
There is no exclusive license involved. There is no competition because 2K walked away.

# 11 stephensonmc @ 10/15/08 12:37 PM
This blog proves that our Community Events matter guys. When one of your OS representatives asks for questions for the event, take them seriously. They're representing all of you!

# 12 thereal31 @ 10/15/08 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OU81206
OK 2k has the exclusive baseball deal and they actual have competition but they still cant make a decent baseball game.

And its been said a million times 2k sports the company that can do nothing wrong walked away from college basketball cause of lack of money college hoops was producing.

# 13 mercalnd @ 10/15/08 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
BTW, EA didn't ask for the exclusive licence, 2k dropped it.
More to the point, as i mentioned before, there is no exclusive license in this matter. 2K or any other company could decide tomorrow that they want to buy a NCAA Basketball license and release a licensed college basketball game.

# 14 Ninjoid @ 10/15/08 05:45 PM
All sounds good...but one question that a lot of us have asked and hasn't yet been answered is will the dynasty mode allow us to watch any game from any side's scheudle as a cpu v cpu game? For example, can we watch/play any game (like NCAA Football 09) or are we restricted to our selected side's games?

Would be a real shame if this wasn't incorporated, especially as it was in CHoops 2k8.

It's a big selling point for me and I'm sure others. Each to their own as they say.

# 15 jfsolo @ 10/15/08 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubTrey1
Having no alternative for college hoops, I am watching this title closely and hoping that EA does right by us and makes a stellar title. Fingers crossed.

We're all hoping for this. From what I read and seen so far I'm cautiously optimistic, and I haven't felt this way about an EA College Baskeball in a very long time.

I know they got a lot of quality feedback from the community day folks, but I hope they have been able to tune the game some more after observing some of the issues with the retail version of Live.

If they're smart, despite it being a different engine of course, they could also look at some of the issues with NBA 2k9, and see if there are the same kind of trouble areas in their game.

Maybe I just love college baskeball games so much that I'm drinking the kool-aide, but my gut is telling me that this could be the game with the fewest holes.

I really wish we had an "Ian" or "Adam" or "Simon" for this game, who could or would come here and interact with us during what is probably the very last stages of tuning. To get some more input on the last few tweaks would be great.

# 16 whittleboy615 @ 10/15/08 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I really wish we had an "Ian" or "Adam" or "Simon" for this game, who could or would come here and interact with us during what is probably the very last stages of tuning. To get some more input on the last few tweaks would be great.
Oh man. What a coincidence.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...roduction.html

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.