Home
Madden 09 News Post

Madden Planet has the scoop.

Quote:
"Update #3? At this point, we are not planning to release another update. We will continue to listen to our fans and if any other widespread issues come up we may change this plan but the fixes made in update #2 solved all of the major problems people were experiencing with the game. Those that continued to have problems had success after completely wiping their old Madden data from their hard drive.

DLC? Shortly before the release of Madden NFL 09, we had mentioned that we were looking into the possibility of releasing some post-launch DLC. At this point, DLC isn’t in the cards. Providing DLC is something that will stay on our radar down the road and is certainly something we’d love to provide to our most passionate fans, however at this stage we are no longer actively looking into this for 09."

Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 241 Hammerhunker @ 11/02/08 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDoro
....looks like I might have to pick up a ps3 and play the best sports game around. MLB The Show

Now you're talking some sense

# 242 ab2c4 @ 11/06/08 10:11 AM
I had a feeling that after the second patch that was going to be it for this version. It is a good thing I sold it then and cut my losses because I got $30 for it at the time.

# 243 Qrashman @ 11/08/08 07:43 PM
8 pages of responses so nobody cares what I have to say, but I am very disappointed. I would have traded in the game 6 weeks ago but I was waiting for another patch to make the game, you know, kind of playable.

# 244 Skyboxer @ 11/09/08 02:42 PM
Wee at least I cut my losses also by used the extra 30% trade when I traded it in a while back.
Pathetic...

# 245 Hammerhunker @ 11/09/08 02:53 PM
In a nutshell, what one thing would make this game workable for those that have abandoned the game? I ask this because I am still trying to make this game work, why I don't know, but as pretty as it is, it should give me shudders of excitement, not nausea.

# 246 Deadz @ 11/14/08 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
In a nutshell, what one thing would make this game workable for those that have abandoned the game? I ask this because I am still trying to make this game work, why I don't know, but as pretty as it is, it should give me shudders of excitement, not nausea.
\

Sell it and get the xbox/ps2 version.. it's sooooooooooo much better..I regret selling my ps2 and getting a xbox360.. i do have a good nhl2k8 franchise going on my 360, but for YEARS madden was my only videogame..i haven't enjoyed one 360 madden yet, and wish i could play the last gen versions on my system, they are just so much better of a game..

So in a nutshell, what would make it better? Make it football.. actual football.. not the BS arcade game they made.

EA KILLED videogame football for me, it was a hobby for years.. i have a right to be bitter.. ,,!,, <--that's for you EA

# 247 mwjr @ 11/14/08 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadz
\

Sell it and get the xbox/ps2 version.. it's sooooooooooo much better..
In what ways is it so much better? (I'm genuinely asking; I'm not being a smart a**.)

# 248 SoxFan01605 @ 11/14/08 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwjr
In what ways is it so much better? (I'm genuinely asking; I'm not being a smart a**.)
I personally think it depends how much you enjoyed last gen Madden. If you like 05, 06, etc, then you'd probably like 09 on PS2/Xbox. More franchise features, no crazy comp% issues, and gameplay just feels better overall. Obviously graphics aren't as nice. Again though, if you are a 2K guy or just don't like Madden, it probably won't be great to you. Hope that helps a bit.

# 249 boooey @ 11/14/08 11:36 PM
lets just hope that 2010 is better..

but man, for EA/Tiburon to totally turn out a sub par product on its 20th Anniversary Edition is a joke..

Tiburon is so very lucky they weren't all fired.

# 250 SoxFan01605 @ 11/15/08 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
lets just hope that 2010 is better..

but man, for EA/Tiburon to totally turn out a sub par product on its 20th Anniversary Edition is a joke..

Tiburon is so very lucky they weren't all fired.
lol...I dunno about lucky. I'm pretty sure all the guy who writes their checks cares about is $$$ and Madden didn't fail the execs on that one.

# 251 eaglesfan27 @ 11/21/08 01:50 PM
This is the first year that I haven't bought Madden on release in over 10 years (probably 15.) I finally resisted this year after planning on doing so in previous years. I decided I wouldn't buy until the DLC was out for CPU sliders and Accelerated clock. I'm glad I resisted. This is my first time checking the board in over a month. I came here to see what Madden impressions are as of now, as my wife wants a list for what I want for Christmas. Now, I know that this game will not be on the list and I will be strong and resist Madden 2010 until several weeks of impressions accumulate (and are positive.)

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.