Home
News Post

Many of you have been following the progress of MessenjahMatts' newest NBA 2K9 video creation.

We thought we'd give it some more love by promoting it to the home page and our OSTV section, to give it the expsosure it deserves. Job well done MessenjahMatt!

Digg the video right here.

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 P21J @ 10/20/08 07:34 PM
wow
amazing video!
that jordan cap is amazing
i only expect the best when it comes from messenjah matt
hopefully he makes some more 2k9 videos like this

# 2 Bumble14 @ 10/20/08 07:41 PM
The video is great, but I have a problem with it- it's essentially a 2K9 ad that is not representative of actual gameplay. Personally I don't think the video should be advertising 2k when almost all the footage is photoshopped 2K gameplay.

Great work Matt, I appreciate the hardwork, I just think it's kind of misrepresentative of NBA 2K9.

# 3 MessenjahMatt @ 10/20/08 08:22 PM
Thanks Steve and OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
The video is great, but I have a problem with it- it's essentially a 2K9 ad that is not representative of actual gameplay. Personally I don't think the video should be advertising 2k when almost all the footage is photoshopped 2K gameplay.

Great work Matt, I appreciate the hardwork, I just think it's kind of misrepresentative of NBA 2K9.
Yeah but it's just a bit of fun. I make it clear that a lot of photoshop work went into it. I'm hoping perhaps someone at 2K sees it and goes "You know, that looks great, lets add the short shorts and more throwbacks next year to really compliment our legends rosters, and maybe do a signature style where the player sticks his tongue out" haha . Neither game really advertises it's legends, and I think it would be a nice selling point.

# 4 SoxFan01605 @ 10/20/08 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessenjahMatt
Thanks Steve and OS

Yeah but it's just a bit of fun. I make it clear that a lot of photoshop work went into it. I'm hoping perhaps someone at 2K sees it and goes "You know, that looks great, lets add the short shorts and more throwbacks next year to really compliment our legends rosters, and maybe do a signature style where the player sticks his tongue out" haha . Neither game really advertises it's legends, and I think it would be a nice selling point.
I agree. I seem to spend about 75% of my time messing with the legends and making my own little "throwback seasons." It would be great if they implemented Scotty's long arm motions and his layups. Rodman's flailing style of defense and high energy play, Magic's "showtime" moves, etc. I would drool (even more than I am now...lol).

EDIT: Great work again, by the way

# 5 hokupguy @ 10/20/08 08:43 PM
no one does it better, nuff said....

# 6 RoyalBoyle78 @ 10/20/08 08:55 PM
WOW, that was amazing, simply amazing.

# 7 SBartlett @ 10/20/08 09:33 PM
that was amazing...i have to buy this game even if this was photoshopped huh?

# 8 Mintsa @ 10/20/08 09:52 PM
Wow !!!! How on earth do you make those man ??? That's just incredible.

# 9 DubTrey1 @ 10/20/08 10:34 PM
I know it does no exactly represent what you get in NBA2k9, but at least it gives them (2k) something to strive for - I mean, look at what one dedicated fan is doing here guys. Great work, now 2k - please give Mat the tools to do this in the game minus the photoshop and you guys will have achieved gaming greatness on all levels....

# 10 KaptnKirk12 @ 10/20/08 10:34 PM
As always, amazing work. It's videos like these that show how much improvement there really is to make. Celebrations 2k....celebrations. Emotion, ect ect. The game is starting to look more and more like a real basketball, now take it to the next level and make it feel like it with some emotion.

# 11 Scott @ 10/20/08 11:15 PM
Simply Amazing

# 12 bowdown2shadi @ 10/20/08 11:47 PM
MessenjahMatt

Were Amazing Happens.

# 13 dragon4ever @ 10/20/08 11:49 PM
Great work. Those were some awesome pictures. Brings back memories of how great Jordan really was.

# 14 Bumble14 @ 10/21/08 08:17 AM
I agree with you Matt on your last comment, it is great work. I honestly wish 2K would get their game to the point you have in your video, maybe next gen? haha.

# 15 Tommyklaid @ 10/21/08 12:09 PM
That was unbelievable!

# 16 fatboy @ 10/21/08 01:08 PM
Awesome vid.....that was really amazing.

# 17 tompetty @ 10/21/08 02:00 PM
That was awesome. Is there a way for everyone to edit players that way?

# 18 Kushmir @ 10/21/08 05:36 PM
dude...you are TALENTED. here's to hoping you're pursuing a career in editing/mass communications. its your calling...

# 19 solofx7 @ 10/21/08 07:49 PM
that was hot...
i was about to go looking for the rosters!!!!

# 20 Chi Dynasty12 @ 10/21/08 10:17 PM
Stunning and beautiful

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.