Home
News Post

Hello Everyone,

In our communication to all of you before the launch of NBA LIVE 09, we said that NBA LIVE 365 would be “Made Fresh Daily.” This will certainly be the case, but I wanted to update everyone on our current status, because there are lots of questions being asked around the community concerning NBA LIVE 365 and when it will officially “turn on.” Last night the NBA season officially kicked off. Six teams played, and the NBA LIVE 365 information was received and is ready to be pushed in-game for all of you to enjoy, but in order to accurately reflect what’s happening in the real NBA in NBA LIVE 09, we need the data from EVERY NBA team once they finish their first game.

The last NBA teams will play their first game on Thursday (10/30). To accurately reflect what happened for every team’s first game in NBA LIVE 09, we’re going to turn on NBA LIVE 365 on Friday morning (10/31) for everyone that input a code on the insert inside the NBA LIVE 09 packaging. Once every team plays their first game, you will see your daily changes as promised.

We’re terribly sorry for the inconvenience, but we really wanted to update the community on what our current status is. We thank you for your overwhelming excitement and continued interest for this feature, and we promise that you’ll be pleased with what’s reflected in-game based on the real NBA season. It’ll be a long, enjoyable journey for all of us to enjoy!

Thanks,

The NBA LIVE 09 Team

Game: NBA Live 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
NBA Live 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Pared @ 11/01/08 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Testing in a test enivronment and doing it in production will never be the same. There are certain parameters in the production environment you simply can not replicate in testing.
Completely agree with you.

On that hand, however, is that a viable reason in the eyes of a typical customer? Would you be happy with a piece of software you purchased off an online website that you couldn't use as advertised?

Think about the guy that actually paid the $10 off of the XBL Marketplace.

Either way, if you purchased the game and this code was given to you, understand that you shouldn't really be complaining considering it was included "for free." And I used "for free" very loosely.

# 62 bkrich83 @ 11/01/08 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Completely agree with you.

On that hand, however, is that a viable reason in the eyes of a typical customer? Would you be happy with a piece of software you purchased off an online website that you couldn't use as advertised?

Think about the guy that actually paid the $10 off of the XBL Marketplace.

Either way, if you purchased the game and this code was given to you, understand that you shouldn't really be complaining considering it was included "for free." And I used "for free" very loosely.
At this stage of the game how many people have had to buy that 10 dollar XBL purchase?

It went live yesterday and they've had problems with it, and apparently have worked almost overnight to fix it. **** happens when you release a new product or technology. If they appeared to be sitting on their hands, I 'd be pissed as well. But they appear to be working towards a solution as quickly as they can. I can't ask for more than that.

My point was the "how can this not be tested" questions don't always make sense. When dealing with something of this size and scope you can't always test it in the test environment like it would be in production.

And make no mistake more than a few posts in this thread have been made with nothing more than furthering the anti-EA agenda that some people simply can't let go.

I expect this issue to be resolved shortly and if not, then EA would deserve whatever criticism aimed at them

# 63 stephensonmc @ 11/01/08 02:45 PM
hey guys, don't take this word for word, but I said I'd update you.

It looks like we've found the issue, so we're working on getting it up. Our testers and online engineers are working as we speak. Still no ETA, but I wanted to give you all an update.

# 64 joel0078 @ 11/01/08 02:51 PM
Quote:

I respectfully disagree with this statement. Regardless of how you activated your 365 code, as a consumer you have a right to complain. Like you said, imagine getting a product only to have the product not work as advertised....That's exactly what is happening right now with 365. People are already hesitant about this feature, wondering whether it will really be "made fresh daily" and live up to the hype. So far, I think people are not so optomistic on that one.

We all paid for the feature one way or the other and it's not working (yet). In my opinion all complaints are valid. Let's face it, EA hasn't given consumers all that much to be excited about in regards to NBA Live, the last few years. They are on thin ince and as such will be ridiculed and subjected to alot more criticism, alot more often.

I'm sure the feature will eventually work, but from where I'm sitting, my feeling is: Don't spend the last 3 months blowing up this feature, in addition to the last week all over t.v. and then tell us there are "kinks". Ooops. Talk about egg on face.

# 65 TheViper1983 @ 11/01/08 03:04 PM
well I'm stuck exactly in the middle. I understand where the producers are coming from. I mean it sounds like they are trying their hardest to satisfy everyone and get this thing rolling. But on the other hand, yes they should have had this completely tested during the summer league or even preseason, Yes they should follow up on nationally televised commercials about being "made fresh daily" But I'm not gonna let this incodent piss me off like it has everyone else...just be patient and they will get it working... I'm excited to see the product just as the rest of you.

# 66 bkrich83 @ 11/01/08 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel0078
Let's face it, EA hasn't given consumers all that much to be excited about in regards to NBA Live, the last few years. They are on thin ince and as such will be ridiculed and subjected to alot more criticism, alot more often.
If that was true, then why in the hell would you buy the product sight unseen?

Yes it is inconvenient right now, and if i didn't feel EA was working hard to resolve, it I would be pissed. But the truth of the matter, unforseen technical problems do happen, such is life when you live with technology such as this. It's inconvenient, but unfortunately at times unavoidable.

# 67 Pared @ 11/01/08 03:12 PM
Quote:
At this stage of the game how many people have had to buy that 10 dollar XBL purchase?

It went live yesterday and they've had problems with it, and apparently have worked almost overnight to fix it. **** happens when you release a new product or technology. If they appeared to be sitting on their hands, I 'd be pissed as well. But they appear to be working towards a solution as quickly as they can. I can't ask for more than that.

My point was the "how can this not be tested" questions don't always make sense. When dealing with something of this size and scope you can't always test it in the test environment like it would be in production.

And make no mistake more than a few posts in this thread have been made with nothing more than furthering the anti-EA agenda that some people simply can't let go.

I expect this issue to be resolved shortly and if not, then EA would deserve whatever criticism aimed at them
Fair enough. I still would say it's unfair for people to be completely pacified with a "we're working on it response." But hey, we certainly know they would get this reaction by some people at any opportunity, so that's to be considered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
hey guys, don't take this word for word, but I said I'd update you.

It looks like we've found the issue, so we're working on getting it up. Our testers and online engineers are working as we speak. Still no ETA, but I wanted to give you all an update.
I know you can't go into detail but it's good that you're able to update us on the status, even if we are a minuscule part of your consumer base. Hopefully the EA boards are being utilized in the same frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel0078
I respectfully disagree with this statement. Regardless of how you activated your 365 code, as a consumer you have a right to complain. Like you said, imagine getting a product only to have the product not work as advertised....That's exactly what is happening right now with 365. People are already hesitant about this feature, wondering whether it will really be "made fresh daily" and live up to the hype. So far, I think people are not so optomistic on that one.

We all paid for the feature one way or the other and it's not working (yet). In my opinion all complaints are valid. Let's face it, EA hasn't given consumers all that much to be excited about in regards to NBA Live, the last few years. They are on thin ince and as such will be ridiculed and subjected to alot more criticism, alot more often.

I'm sure the feature will eventually work, but from where I'm sitting, my feeling is: Don't spend the last 3 months blowing up this feature, in addition to the last week all over t.v. and then tell us there are "kinks". Ooops. Talk about egg on face.
Again, fair enough. My point was simply as much as this was advertised, you got it thrown in "for free" because of T-Mobile. They paid for it, otherwise you would still have the same exact thing you do now unless you bought it off XBLM or PSN Store.

Either way, they're working on and that's all you can really ask at this point. It's not like they're out playing pick-up games on a Saturday... they're supporting their game, something they should've been doing for many year's now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViper1983
well I'm stuck exactly in the middle. I understand where the producers are coming from. I mean it sounds like they are trying their hardest to satisfy everyone and get this thing rolling. But on the other hand, yes they should have had this completely tested during the summer league or even preseason, Yes they should follow up on nationally televised commercials about being "made fresh daily" But I'm not gonna let this incodent piss me off like it has everyone else...just be patient and they will get it working... I'm excited to see the product just as the rest of you.
And that's exactly my stance as well. I can understand both sides, but when posts are made without a little perspective on everything going on... tough to agree with their viewpoint.

# 68 talbain @ 11/01/08 03:37 PM
Quote:
Testing in a test enivronment and doing it in production will never be the same. There are certain parameters in the production environment you simply can not replicate in testing.
if we were talking about sending people to mars, the moon or some other unknown destination, i'd agree with you. but this is a stat driven videogame we're talking about, with finite parameters and controlled variables. that argument does not fly. as i said earlier, this could have been fully field tested back in june during the nba playoffs when the game was in beta. i'm frustrated, and at this point we were all sold a bill of goods that has not been delivered at all. is any aspect of 365 working for anybody? the rosters are not updated, the rewind games are not updated, and the player tendencies are not updated. this should have been ready to go at tip off, and the fact that it is not is inexcusable

# 69 stephensonmc @ 11/01/08 03:39 PM
I just want to clarify on something quickly.

I totally get your frustrations and concerns, but when "testing this" we had to do it on past data and it worked fine. We knew there may be some "kinks" at the start because we had no way of testing this.

I understand your frustrations and anger, I don't blame you. But know we do appreciate your patience and understanding. It's all we can ask for at this point.

# 70 Pared @ 11/01/08 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talbain
is any aspect of 365 working for anybody? the rosters are not updated, the rewind games are not updated, and the player tendencies are not updated.
I'm pretty sure whatever issues they have all are dependent on the roster changes/updates and their inability to push them.

It's already updated on the PS3. So it's obvious the framework is there.

# 71 Haval93 @ 11/01/08 03:51 PM
Pared

"I know you can't go into detail but it's good that you're able to update us on the status, even if we are a minuscule part of your consumer base. Hopefully the EA boards are being utilized in the same frame."

I am a NBA Live mod and NBA Live community leader for the EA Boards...I am trying to explain and tell them a fix is coming and I'm getting attacked left and right by people...lol...It's funny seeing these people post that why is it so hard when they have no idea how to even program a game...

# 72 bkrich83 @ 11/01/08 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talbain
if we were talking about sending people to mars, the moon or some other unknown destination, i'd agree with you. but this is a stat driven videogame we're talking about, with finite parameters and controlled variables. that argument does not fly. as i said earlier, this could have been fully field tested back in june during the nba playoffs when the game was in beta. i'm frustrated, and at this point we were all sold a bill of goods that has not been delivered at all. is any aspect of 365 working for anybody? the rosters are not updated, the rewind games are not updated, and the player tendencies are not updated. this should have been ready to go at tip off, and the fact that it is not is inexcusable
Certainly it does apply. As I said, test environment is one thing. The XBL production environment is huge. Some things that may work in test won't neccesarily work in production. Some things simply can not be tested in production on a production scale.

Replay games are indeed working, I played one last night.

This does provide a good excuse for the people that like to complain about all things EA however.

If you want to scream the sky is falling because some new component is not working properly the first week, so be it. We had the same problems with the NFL 2k series, with Madden and with NCAA when they all went online or added new online features. It's the nature of the technology.

# 73 neuroticomic @ 11/01/08 04:03 PM
just got home, plowed thru this thread and see there r kinks?

is that including the 14 and 15' i see for every teams dna tendencies?

# 74 Pared @ 11/01/08 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haval93
Pared

"I know you can't go into detail but it's good that you're able to update us on the status, even if we are a minuscule part of your consumer base. Hopefully the EA boards are being utilized in the same frame."

I am a NBA Live mod and NBA Live community leader for the EA Boards...I am trying to explain and tell them a fix is coming and I'm getting attacked left and right by people...lol...It's funny seeing these people post that why is it so hard when they have no idea how to even program a game...
Were you at the CD?

I'm not surprised. I still think it is better telling them "We are working on it" than not saying anything at all. You're always going to have a group of individuals who don't understand that. It's one thing to vent your frustration but it's another to act completely irrational regarding the situation. Seems technology is spoiling people these days.

I always thought it was odd when we would see info here or on some other 3rd party site and not on the companies own official forums.

# 75 rawdog805 @ 11/01/08 04:16 PM
Quote:
Were you at the CD?

I'm not surprised. I still think it is better telling them "We are working on it" than not saying anything at all. own official forums.
That completely contadicts what you said in the 2k issues thread.. In reading that thread you are pretty defensive of 2k sports but in the EA/Live section of this site you seem to be pretty unforgiving..

Quote:
We've had someone post word on what is included in a patch after it was released for 2 years in a row.

Let them do what they do. That's more important than "reporting" to us with every little thing they do.
I know your usually pretty objective, but for some reason you are very negative when it comes to live and forgiving when it comes to 2K9..

# 76 SpSoloSr @ 11/01/08 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViper1983
I'm with Viper on this one... I've been reading all the post the last couple of weeks and it definitely seems like people have been more upset with this one feature than playing the game. All be it, there are some other details that NEED to be adjusted with some type of patch, we can't negate the fact that this game is still a lot of fun in comparison to some of the other Lives... To be completely honest, I haven't had this much fun with ANY EA game since Live 95'. Hopefully, they do get this system up and running without the "kinks" to add to that fun much sooner than later.

The other point that I think is effecting a lot of people is that, I'm sure like me, a lot of you have been apart of the EA/NBA Live fanbase for a longtime and have been disheartened by their output the last couple of years. So, I'm sure a lot of the frustration can be accredited to longtime consumers of Live and EA just wanting to feel confident in the fact that they're purchasing the best sports games out and getting there money's worth.

# 77 stephensonmc @ 11/01/08 04:29 PM
Quote:
Were you at the CD?

I'm not surprised. I still think it is better telling them "We are working on it" than not saying anything at all. You're always going to have a group of individuals who don't understand that. It's one thing to vent your frustration but it's another to act completely irrational regarding the situation. Seems technology is spoiling people these days.

I always thought it was odd when we would see info here or on some other 3rd party site and not on the companies own official forums.
Pared, everything we say here is said on the official EA forums.

# 78 Pared @ 11/01/08 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
Pared, everything we say here is said on the official EA forums.
That's good! It never used to be that way. I don't visit the EA forums anymore... and it should go without saying as to why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdog805
That completely contadicts what you said in the 2k issues thread.. In reading that thread you are pretty defensive of 2k sports but in the EA/Live section of this site you seem to be pretty unforgiving..

I know your usually pretty objective, but for some reason you are very negative when it comes to live and forgiving when it comes to 2K9..
It doesn't. You didn't even take what I quoted and use it in the same context I mentioned it.

It is a GOOD THING the EA is posting about the issues. Hence the "it is better to tell them we are working on it" comment. Exactly what smc is doing.

2k doesn't communicate in any which way, but this is known. They post the patch information AFTER IT IS RELEASED.

If you'd like to call me out, at least make sure you have your facts straight.

# 79 rawdog805 @ 11/01/08 05:03 PM
My facts are straight.. as I said your opinion toward Live seems very negative, compared to your opinion toward 2K..

# 80 Haval93 @ 11/01/08 05:04 PM
Quote:
Were you at the CD?

No I was not at the CD...I'm a new mod...You meet Mario at the CD...He is another mod on the forums...Also just like stephensonmc said...We post everything on the EA Forums also...Sometimes I'll post info on the EA boards then come here and post it again for you guys...I also come on here...I don't post that much here...I read lots of comments here though...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.