Home
News Post

Hello Everyone,

In our communication to all of you before the launch of NBA LIVE 09, we said that NBA LIVE 365 would be “Made Fresh Daily.” This will certainly be the case, but I wanted to update everyone on our current status, because there are lots of questions being asked around the community concerning NBA LIVE 365 and when it will officially “turn on.” Last night the NBA season officially kicked off. Six teams played, and the NBA LIVE 365 information was received and is ready to be pushed in-game for all of you to enjoy, but in order to accurately reflect what’s happening in the real NBA in NBA LIVE 09, we need the data from EVERY NBA team once they finish their first game.

The last NBA teams will play their first game on Thursday (10/30). To accurately reflect what happened for every team’s first game in NBA LIVE 09, we’re going to turn on NBA LIVE 365 on Friday morning (10/31) for everyone that input a code on the insert inside the NBA LIVE 09 packaging. Once every team plays their first game, you will see your daily changes as promised.

We’re terribly sorry for the inconvenience, but we really wanted to update the community on what our current status is. We thank you for your overwhelming excitement and continued interest for this feature, and we promise that you’ll be pleased with what’s reflected in-game based on the real NBA season. It’ll be a long, enjoyable journey for all of us to enjoy!

Thanks,

The NBA LIVE 09 Team

Game: NBA Live 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
NBA Live 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 TJdaSportsGuy @ 11/02/08 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iminurbase
It's up now on 360. All the rosters are as of last night's games. The DNA is still showing as generic; that should be updating soon but no firm ETA as of yet.
I'm curious about something regarding the DNA though. Let's say I started a franchise mode now with the DNA at it's current status. Am I going to see some out of whack team strategy or is the DNA still based off of last season?

# 102 Anaxamander @ 11/02/08 08:36 AM
Is there any way to view the boxscore of the rewind games?

# 103 JT30 @ 11/02/08 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxamander
Is there any way to view the boxscore of the rewind games?
yes i believe if you press on the RS.

# 104 GHUGHES @ 11/02/08 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
I'm curious about something regarding the DNA though. Let's say I started a franchise mode now with the DNA at it's current status. Am I going to see some out of whack team strategy or is the DNA still based off of last season?
No DNA only effects Play Now and Online games someone asked that ? in another thread.

# 105 RoyalBoyle78 @ 11/02/08 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHUGHES
No DNA only effects Play Now and Online games someone asked that ? in another thread.
I believe DNA does work in franchise mode, not the roster changes, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

# 106 Glenn33 @ 11/02/08 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
I believe DNA does work in franchise mode, not the roster changes, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
He's not talking about the progression of the DNA....what he is asking is if the teams start off with generic DNA in the franchise will they nowt play like their real life counterparts. It's a good question - I'd love to know the answer.

# 107 23 @ 11/02/08 11:48 AM
You start off with the DNA you downloaded, then it changes accordingly of how its always been.

# 108 neuroticomic @ 11/02/08 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSKYWALKER1
Even though I am no longer playing this game, I gotta give props to EA & Steph for keeping guys in the loop. May re-purchase the game after seeing how the 365 turns out. Peace!!!!

yea J, same here, i too, sent LIVE packing.

the gameplay was there petty much this year, great actually, but between not getting simple answers for gameplay questions, what sliders do what and menu inquiries (I didnt make the game, I dont know how everything works.), to the dropping the ball on the DNA thing, I gave up. I got 2k today, a little different vibe, but overall I feel much happier with it. Plus they have an in depth guide on what everything does! lol so, unlike LIve, I dont have to scour the ends of the earth to find out how much fatigue my guys currently have in game.

The answer is right there.

I too, will be following the forums to see how the DNA feature progresses and how the devs react and answer questions about options, gameplay and other important gamer dilemmas. Not everybody needs to know if Nate Robinon will have a tattoo.
Me, I'd rather know answers to questions regarding game changing features.

But, I didnt get those.

I'll monitor, and maybe try next year.

But, like THE WHO, I wont get fooled again.

# 109 Behindshadows @ 11/02/08 02:53 PM
What the hell did they do to the 360 update seriously!

On default settings it plays incredible. I just played a game on Superstar with all default at 9 min quarters and went to a nail biting ending game against Portland.

I won 106-105 with a final buzzer layup that got reviewed at the table. And as the crowd silenced, the ref walks away from the table with the hand gesture, it was a shot. And the Lakers bench went crazy and the crowd went bananas!

Seems the players are moving much faster and smoother than before. And they actually play better defense and run plays quicker and more efficiently....What did you guys do?

This is the best game I've played since I bought the game.

Thanks Beluba, StephensonMC, Iminurbase, and all other who took part in making this update possible...Thanks!!!

# 110 Glenn33 @ 11/02/08 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRE_OS
You start off with the DNA you downloaded, then it changes accordingly of how its always been.
No - that's not what I am asking. The roster as it is TODAy has generic tendencies for all teams. So if I start a Franchise TODAY - will the CPUcontrolled teams play & progress according to the generic tendencies or play according to the their true to life form?

That's the question.

# 111 weedmanus @ 11/02/08 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33
No - that's not what I am asking. The roster as it is TODAy has generic tendencies for all teams. So if I start a Franchise TODAY - will the CPUcontrolled teams play & progress according to the generic tendencies or play according to the their true to life form?

That's the question.
It's easier to ask someone, I know...but why don't you just SIMULATE & see for yourself!?

# 112 TJdaSportsGuy @ 11/02/08 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weedmanus
It's easier to ask someone, I know...but why don't you just SIMULATE & see for yourself!?
Again...not what I'm asking. With the DNA and team tendencies in it's current state, if I were to start a franchise mode season and I'm playing, say, the Suns. Will the Suns play the way the Suns are supposed to play? Is the DNA using data from last season?

# 113 bateman11 @ 11/02/08 05:34 PM
I downloaded the update. For some reason, all of my DNA is the same for every team and player.

# 114 Sreister @ 11/02/08 05:36 PM
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...weirdness.html

Mine too. But there's the answer.

# 115 Glenn33 @ 11/02/08 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weedmanus
That's not something you can see by simulating - only by playing. But I got the answer now anyways...bummer

# 116 Sluggo @ 11/02/08 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bateman11
I downloaded the update. For some reason, all of my DNA is the same for every team and player.
ugh

Now I got to wait for an update to start my dynasty mode....again.

# 117 bateman11 @ 11/02/08 05:58 PM
Well, you guys may have to wait to start dynasty, but atleast you didn't spend an hour putting in Playmaker's edits!

Damn.

# 118 Millennium @ 11/02/08 06:01 PM
Folks...please try reading before going insane.

In a couple of other threads, Stephensonmc has stated that the DNA will be generic for all teams until there are a few games under each teams belts.

If you start a franchise with these generic DNA rosters, every team will start with generic DNA and evolve from there.

The only things currently being updated by Live 365 are accurate rosters and rotations.

# 119 23 @ 11/02/08 06:26 PM
Thanks Mil.. thats what I was trying to say

# 120 neuroticomic @ 11/02/08 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium

The only things currently being updated by Live 365 are accurate rosters and rotations.

you mean PARTLY accurate rosters.
from what I have read on the rosters thread, there are TON of inconsistencies so far.
unacceptable.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.