Home
NCAA March Madness 09 News Post

Some stuff you already knew:

Playable teams are Tennesse, Kentucky, 1979 North Carolina and 1982 Michigan State.

You play one half, which is locked at 8 minutes.

Pratice gym from Live is a half court blacktop on campus grounds.

Lots of half court traps and full court presses.

One dude I passed to was completely out of bounds. Only happened once though.

If you liked Live, you should like this as well.

NCAA Basketball 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Basketball 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 29 - View All
NCAA Basketball 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 241 crques @ 11/17/08 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Last Season EA sports devs said ratings didn't matter as they were numbered a certain to balance out the game play.

This year they are using a different ratings system, in which it should matter a lot. Personally we all have opinions on who should be a 80 vs a 70. But unless you can say what really the 70 consist of as an overall. It might not really effect that players performance.

We will be editing the rosters, but first we need the game to see what exactly needs to be edited.

No one has the game yet, and even if we did change ratings. What says you will be accepting our ratings either.

Personally when you get the game, and want to crank up your team. I'm all for it, because they don't carry over online so it only effects your play and not others.

Until then, we are in the wait and see stages!!!
After playing sports video games for nearly 20 years, I have concluded that ratings are overrated on video games (if that makes sense). As long as guys that are rated 75 play noticeably better than those that are 60, I'll be happy. I hate games where guys are 20 points apart in ratings yet they play the same.

On a side note, has anyone seen any jump shots go in without swishing? Seems like every made jump shot is a swish. It's not a huge problem I suppose, but annoying none the less.

# 242 KG @ 11/17/08 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
After playing sports video games for nearly 20 years, I have concluded that ratings are overrated on video games (if that makes sense). As long as guys that are rated 75 play noticeably better than those that are 60, I'll be happy. I hate games where guys are 20 points apart in ratings yet they play the same.
I agree. To me everything must be relative. I don't care if the developer goes with a high or low scale, as long as the players who are rated higher play better.

# 243 23 @ 11/17/08 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSKYWALKER1
Getting the Rosters Straightened out is an understatement. The Demo is sweet. Peace!!!!

lol really? but you dont like the nba game?

# 244 bears5122 @ 11/18/08 02:46 AM
I really wasn't feeling the demo. Didn't have much of a college feel to it. I guess I'll wait a couple weeks and see what everyone else has to say. Unfortunately I just don't see how this game will even come close to matching up to College Hoops 2K8. I get the idea I'll be better off just sticking with that and saving the money.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.