Home
NCAA March Madness 09 News Post

NCAA Basketball 09 has been released, post your impressions here.

NCAA Basketball 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Basketball 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Basketball 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 29 - View All
NCAA Basketball 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Skyboxer @ 11/18/08 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistonpete
can you position or player lock? skyboxer told me how to do it in the demo, but it didn't work so i thought i'd see if it's in the retail version. thanks

pete
I figured (Wrongly) that player lock was like LIVE. However it is NOT IN TH F"N NCAA GAME. At least I can't see it.
Say what you will but that is a killer for me. Game goes back tomorrow.
Unbelievable.

# 122 Scoop 24 @ 11/18/08 07:18 PM
Lmao im blowing out west virginia and the crowds started chanting "Warm Up The Bus"

# 123 pistonpete @ 11/18/08 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I figured (Wrongly) that player lock was like LIVE. However it is NOT IN TH F"N NCAA GAME. At least I can't see it.
Say what you will but that is a killer for me. Game goes back tomorrow.
Unbelievable.
i won't be getting this if that's the case. i can't figure out why EA would leave this feature out. i can't stand playing as everyone on the team. ugh....

pete

# 124 Skyboxer @ 11/18/08 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistonpete
i won't be getting this if that's the case. i can't figure out why EA would leave this feature out. i can't stand playing as everyone on the team. ugh....

pete
Same here. I'm just going to take it back and play CHoops another year.

# 125 pistonpete @ 11/18/08 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Same here. I'm just going to take it back and play CHoops another year.
it's a shame though, since the gameplay in the demo was so challenging and the tempo meter was well implemented. i enjoyed getting crushed if i didn't meet the three areas of focus and the tempo swung to the opponents direction. it really felt like college basketball. anyway, those that have it enjoy. i will probably rent it. i wish the devs would explain the rationale for not allowing the user to play this way.

pete

# 126 Dprimetime21 @ 11/18/08 08:06 PM
if the worst gripe is the editing of players i'm goin to get this. i could care less if they look like real life. hell u don't even seen there faces for most of the game anyways. all i care is the game play is good.

# 127 Scoop 24 @ 11/18/08 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker8
Same here. I havent heard much about if the game plays good or not. The demo felt awesome to me if people are saying it plays the same way i dont understand the complaints. It seemed like an improvement over Live in the gameplay department which would be a good thing i would imagine?
its really a smoother version of live ......if you played the demo its about the same just a tad better..if you like live you will like this game. im enjoying this game quite a bit.

# 128 Flightwhite24 @ 11/18/08 08:29 PM
Do players play different? Individuality? Do the stars play like stars? What rating would you give it? Thanks fellows. Peace!!!!

# 129 capp34 @ 11/18/08 08:51 PM
Great impressions guys Im glad no haters have made into the thread yet.

# 130 countryboy @ 11/18/08 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSKYWALKER1
Do players play different? Individuality? Do the stars play like stars? What rating would you give it? Thanks fellows. Peace!!!!
Thats tough for me to say in my limited time. I would say, yes they do, but maybe not as much as they should. I mean, even playing Oakland, I can see them feeding the ball to their hot player, who happened to be their star, but I don't know that he played any "differently" than anyone else.

I'm not sure that answered your question, but thats the best I can come up with right now.

As for a rating, again its early, but I'll give it an 8. The gameplay is tight, the dynasty mode is solid, though could be better/deeper, but the simplistic and lackluster editing tools really hamper the experience. The animations could also use some tweaking/polishing.

IMO, if you're a diehard college basketball fan, a true fan of the game, then pick it up. If you enjoyed the demo, pick it up. If you're looking for a game that is fun and challenging, pick it up.

my .02

# 131 USF_Guy @ 11/18/08 09:02 PM
Is there a clutch rating???? Like in 2K. Player with the highest clutch rating hits the big shots?

# 132 Dprimetime21 @ 11/18/08 09:09 PM
Quote edited out by Millennium due to spam

Why would u post this crap in here? THIS IS A COLLEGE BBALL FORUM!

# 133 Skyboxer @ 11/18/08 09:11 PM
Ok I've calmed down some. I'll probably get by even with no player lock but it's still a bummer.
Anyways here's a nice little fast break..

# 134 sinkdog @ 11/18/08 09:13 PM
Let me start off by saying I really wanted to like NCAA Basketball -- but I am absolutely disgusted by it. There is so much wrong with this game I don't know where to start.

The gameplay feels "floaty" and seems very un-natural to me. It's like the players are gliding around and running like old men leaning over. The animations seem very unrealistic and it honestly brings me back to last-gen sports games. Nothing feels right about this game...sorry. The player models are laughable and the playcalling is not very user friendly.

It's typical EA though. The graphics look great but the gameplay takes 4 steps backwards every year.

I can't believe that EA Sports can't make authentic schedules for this game. This is basic computer programming - it's not that hard to do. It's 2008 - they've been putting correct schedules in games since the Sega Genesis days. Why would they put out a game where the schedules are so off? I know they released the game early, but weren't they working on this game for months? Did they just start working on the schedules in late October?

Who the hell made these player ratings? They are awful and so inaccurate. The rosters? WOW! Did someone that follows college basketball work on them or did they just stick random players on teams and randomly assign them ratings?

On top of that, you can't edit players tatoos, accessories, faces or hairstyles. Why were you able to do that in 2k games from 2003?

Why even have classic teams if nothing about them is realistic. Seriously, they should have worked on making better gameplay, options, little things than worry about lame All-time teams that are essentially just ficticious players in short shorts.

I don't know who the play-testers for EA are, but I'd sure like to have their job. This game feels so unfinished, I wonder if it was even tested before release.

# 135 ehh @ 11/18/08 09:17 PM
How do you post pictures to EASW? I successfully uploaded two of them but cannot find them when I go to EASW.com. Videos work fine for me.

Played a few more games on AA, I bumped down the CPU shooting five clicks on all three areas and Georgetown still shot 61% against me. Def gonna be some work to be done. I'd like to see some more blocks inside, fouls and offensive boards.

Game is fun as hell.

# 136 fishepa @ 11/18/08 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
How do you post pictures to EASW? I successfully uploaded two of them but cannot find them when I go to EASW.com. Videos work fine for me.

Played a few more games on AA, I bumped down the CPU shooting five clicks on all three areas and Georgetown still shot 61% against me. Def gonna be some work to be done. I'd like to see some more blocks inside, fouls and offensive boards.

Game is fun as hell.
You may have to add the Photo widget.

# 137 countryboy @ 11/18/08 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinkdog
Let me start off by saying I really wanted to like NCAA Basketball -- but I am absolutely disgusted by it. There is so much wrong with this game I don't know where to start.

The gameplay feels "floaty" and seems very un-natural to me. It's like the players are gliding around and running like old men leaning over. The animations seem very unrealistic and it honestly brings me back to last-gen sports games. Nothing feels right about this game...sorry. The player models are laughable and the playcalling is not very user friendly.

It's typical EA though. The graphics look great but the gameplay takes 4 steps backwards every year.

I can't believe that EA Sports can't make authentic schedules for this game. This is basic computer programming - it's not that hard to do. It's 2008 - they've been putting correct schedules in games since the Sega Genesis days. Why would they put out a game where the schedules are so off? I know they released the game early, but weren't they working on this game for months? Did they just start working on the schedules in late October?

Who the hell made these player ratings? They are awful and so inaccurate. The rosters? WOW! Did someone that follows college basketball work on them or did they just stick random players on teams and randomly assign them ratings?

On top of that, you can't edit players tatoos, accessories, faces or hairstyles. Why were you able to do that in 2k games from 2003?

Why even have classic teams if nothing about them is realistic. Seriously, they should have worked on making better gameplay, options, little things than worry about lame All-time teams that are essentially just ficticious players in short shorts.

I don't know who the play-testers for EA are, but I'd sure like to have their job. This game feels so unfinished, I wonder if it was even tested before release.
Blue Ribbon did the player/team ratings and authentic schedules were still being worked on when they decided to ship the game earlier. Around Dec 4th(when the game was originally scheduled to be released), they'll release a patch that allows you to play with authentic schedules and edit the classic teams.

# 138 sinkdog @ 11/18/08 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker8
I don't understand people knocking the look of this game and the animations. To me it looks like EA nailed it. Could it improve? sure, but I tend to think people are just stuck on 2k8 or something and haven't adjusted yet.
Are you kidding?

The players run like they've got a hunchback spine! Seriously, watch the players run.....that looks laughable!

# 139 sinkdog @ 11/18/08 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Blue Ribbon did the player/team ratings and authentic schedules were still being worked on when they decided to ship the game earlier. Around Dec 4th(when the game was originally scheduled to be released), they'll release a patch that allows you to play with authentic schedules and edit the classic teams.
Again....player ratings/roster accuracy is way off. How come 15 of us on OS can do the roster edits in 3 days and EA Sports can't get it right in 3-8 months?

As for the schedule...hasn't EA screwed it up before without being pressed for an earlier deadline?

# 140 Scoop 24 @ 11/18/08 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinkdog
Are you kidding?

The players run like they've got a hunchback spine! Seriously, watch the players run.....that looks laughable!
you know whats funny you didnt like the demo. why you buy the game?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.