Home
News Post

The highly anticipated patch for NBA 2K9 will arrive for the PS3 on December 3rd. Xbox 360 owners will have to wait, but it shouldn't be far behind.

You can find the bug fix list, right here.

Quote:
"I have been informed by Sony that the NBA 2K9 patch has cleared and is expected to be available within the next 48 hours. My next post will chronicle the changes expected in the patch. Obviously the 360 patch was submitted to Microsoft at the same time and it's now a matter of their timing on when they release the patch on XBL. I imagine it will be a matter of days and when I know exact timing, I will inform you. As you can see, the community made a major impact on decisions made in this patch so for all our titles, remember to post your thoughts and wanted changes and I will collect them with the moderators. You can make a huge impact on our games. Thanks..."

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Jukeman @ 12/01/08 04:30 PM
great patch other than them tuning the injuries guess most people didn't know it was backwards....

# 22 Rawdeal28 @ 12/01/08 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
They both needed it. The inside shots needed it more, but contesting jumpers was off too.
ok im kinda confused now. are they saying that u couldnt contest shots properly before? cuz if i a defender was in my face and i took the shot i was most likely missing it. but i do have my shot success lowered quite a bit. MID-SHOT success is at 37 for me.

help me born??? lol

# 23 Rawdeal28 @ 12/01/08 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloelite
If I already have an Association going, will the patch work or do I have to start all over???
thats a good question cuz i have one going as well.

EDIT: after second thought, last year the changes took affect even if u had a Association in progress already so the answer should be no u dont have to start all over.

# 24 Scoop 24 @ 12/01/08 04:32 PM
Still wished they added Ranked Lobby's online.

# 25 RoyalBoyle78 @ 12/01/08 04:40 PM
looks like I need to pick this up again, as LIVE has been getting a bit stale for me, and the players still sitting in the injured reserve for every just wont go well with me.

# 26 DaWolf @ 12/01/08 04:45 PM
no word about spacing or help defense. im disappointed.

# 27 STLRams @ 12/01/08 04:51 PM
1. I love that each camera angle frame rate will be improved.
2. Points in the paint improve, hopefully now there's more contact in the paint and players defend better in the paint.
3. 2K camera has returned - online people will rejoice.

This patch seems great on paper, as far as spacing and blurry courts, Ron did say that it maybe in the patch because it address alot of other gameplay issues.

# 28 Jistic @ 12/01/08 04:59 PM
Quote:
They both needed it. The inside shots needed it more, but contesting jumpers was off too.
Agreed, getting a hand in the face does nothing.

# 29 PuntNL @ 12/01/08 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWolf
no word about spacing or help defense. im disappointed.
Lowering points in the paint by getting better defense there, should lead to more spacing and help defense.. So we have to wait and see that.. Hope it has improved, because that is my biggest issue with the game.. I just want to be able to drive and kick out sometimes..

# 30 DaWolf @ 12/01/08 05:02 PM
good point maybe youre right. i hope so but i doubt it.

# 31 Bornindamecca @ 12/01/08 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawdeal28
ok im kinda confused now. are they saying that u couldnt contest shots properly before? cuz if i a defender was in my face and i took the shot i was most likely missing it. but i do have my shot success lowered quite a bit. MID-SHOT success is at 37 for me.

help me born??? lol
Before, there was a ghost area in contesting shots where you could be in position, but the game wouldn't register you as being in the defensive place. Now they are widening the window of contesting shots. I think it'll be good. I don't think they'll increase the distance of the window, but more so the width of it. Hopefully this will result in less of the ball morphing through hands.

Overall, more D, more D, more D.

# 32 m-dogg @ 12/01/08 05:08 PM
anyone else a little worried about the description of how they corrected the points in the paint? sounds like they did what we did, turn up the defensive sliders and lower the close% slider. I hope this isnt the only changes.

I dont want to see so many passes in the paint that shouldnt be thrown -- are they still going to throw them, then miss the shot...or throw them and the D picks them off...or blocks them etc...you get my drift. Its unrealistic (against average defenses in the league) to keep trying some of the stuff the AI does, if they space us out and back door us because the D was overplaying well thats fine...but we all know that wasnt the case. I just think the offensive AI needed tweeking badly and I pray it got some...I wish they could just steal choops08 AI and go from there. That had great ball movement, kickouts for jumpers, passing around the perimeter...a more realistic brand of ball..

anyway, just my 2 cents ... let me follow it up by thanking 2k for all the hard work that obviously went into this patch, cant wait to try it out soon!

# 33 Rawdeal28 @ 12/01/08 05:10 PM
Quote:
Before, there was a ghost area in contesting shots where you could be in position, but the game wouldn't register you as being in the defensive place. Now they are widening the window of contesting shots. I think it'll be good. I don't think they'll increase the distance of the window, but more so the width of it. Hopefully this will result in less of the ball morphing through hands.

Overall, more D, more D, more D.
gotcha! thats real good news cuz i love to see more defense. this game needed it badly.

# 34 Rawdeal28 @ 12/01/08 05:13 PM
question, how many people are going to try default sliders after the patch? or will u just tweak what u already have?

# 35 Illustrator76 @ 12/01/08 05:14 PM
I'll tell you what, I'm bout as happy as DC to hear that SOMETHING was done about the gameplay! Hopefully PG's like Tony Parker will finally look to score more and stop sitting there looking stupid.

# 36 STLRams @ 12/01/08 05:14 PM
The interior defense and collison detection are my main issues with this game, I really hope this patch fixes this, so its realistic gameplay in the paint.

# 37 DC @ 12/01/08 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker8
This game is going to be sweet once they patch it it sounds like. I think I'm going to have to pick it up again.
LOL You made a post saying it was the greatest GAME of all time and you got RID of it?

# 38 Rawdeal28 @ 12/01/08 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker8
This game is going to be sweet once they patch it it sounds like. I think I'm going to have to pick it up again.
you know what i want to say........stars with a T

LMAO.

# 39 RAZRr1275 @ 12/01/08 05:26 PM
Nice list. Can't wait until sliders are finally settled with this

# 40 NZ Buccaneer @ 12/01/08 05:31 PM
great looking list of fixes back to the 2k camera for me, and hopefully teamup games!

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.