Home
News Post

The highly anticipated patch for NBA 2K9 will arrive for the PS3 on December 3rd. Xbox 360 owners will have to wait, but it shouldn't be far behind.

You can find the bug fix list, right here.

Quote:
"I have been informed by Sony that the NBA 2K9 patch has cleared and is expected to be available within the next 48 hours. My next post will chronicle the changes expected in the patch. Obviously the 360 patch was submitted to Microsoft at the same time and it's now a matter of their timing on when they release the patch on XBL. I imagine it will be a matter of days and when I know exact timing, I will inform you. As you can see, the community made a major impact on decisions made in this patch so for all our titles, remember to post your thoughts and wanted changes and I will collect them with the moderators. You can make a huge impact on our games. Thanks..."

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 LB23 @ 12/01/08 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salhus47
The main difference between EA basketball game and 2K basketball game is that EA is more focused on team play and 2K is more focused on the individual however.

That's also the main difference between college basketball and NBA. That's why I see NBA 2K9 as the better NBA game. Live is like playing a college basketball style with NBA players IMO.

# 82 LB23 @ 12/01/08 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
That's what gets me about these vids. The frustration takes guys who obviously know the game, and the video game and turns them into these hilarious rants, HAHA. I HIGHLY recommend his other vids. There are some really funny ones there. The one with Lebron is hilarious.

This one is great
start from 2:32

Seriously though, my man really knows his stuff. I 100% agree with his thoughts on physics, ball positioning and collision regarding 2k9, NFL2k9 and Madden 09. He really gets it.

That guy is ridiculous. All he talks about is morphing. He must treat every game like that because EVERY GAME has morphing! You really don't even notice it during actual gameplay so it doesn't bother me at all...

# 83 Bornindamecca @ 12/01/08 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LB23
That guy is ridiculous. All he talks about is morphing. He must treat every game like that because EVERY GAME has morphing! You really don't even notice it during actual gameplay so it doesn't bother me at all...
He talks a lot about morphing. A LOT. However, that's not all he talks about. He has a great vid on steal attempts and post defense. His madden vs. 2k5 vids are great. He's a funny dude, so I'm not going to get too into defending him, but I will say that he mainly has a problem with ball morphing. He's pretty tolerant of player to player morphing. And I think it's a great point: the whole goal of the D is to get their hands on the ball. If the ball MORPHS through our hands, then what exactly are we supposed to do?

Tomba: Great job on giving us the heads up about the patch info.

# 84 jsg @ 12/02/08 12:30 AM
are we going to have to restart out associations?

# 85 ruckuz @ 12/02/08 12:38 AM
Subbing Fouled Out Player – A bug was found where you could substitute in a player who had previously fouled out, only when using the quick-sub method of the On-The-Fly Coaching menu.

Points in the Paint – In an effort to increase user satisfaction, we have tuned interior defense in combination with shooting percentages for shots taken in the paint. The result is something we feel will be more in-line with what our users are expecting.

Shooting Percentages – Continuing with the above description, we have tuned down shot success of perimeter shots when the defender is amply covering the offensive player taking the shot.

YESSS, im keeping my eyes on these for sure!!!

# 86 nowitzkiftw @ 12/02/08 12:43 AM
Any word on the patch touching up the visuals?
I just picked up 2k9 a few days ago on the ps3 and quite honestly in live action it looks worse in 1080p than 2k8.

Replays are great though, 2k's replay graphics are always great, and I love the presentation. Player close-ups look marginally better with the sweat. But the fact that it seems to have regressed with blurry logos, menus, jaggy players + announcers (from far away - like gameplay during the broadcast cam, and of course during the time-outs/game intros) is disheartening.

Especially since the issue seems to only be on ps3.

# 87 toolified @ 12/02/08 03:32 AM
too bad peope who don't connect their console online can't get these patches (read: me). why cant they just produce a FINISHED product when they ship.

# 88 toolified @ 12/02/08 03:34 AM
granted, that no game is ever perfect. but a lot of these alterations (particularly under the heading of gameplay) should have been ironed out after testing.

# 89 threatlockz @ 12/02/08 05:57 AM
this patch looks like nogster/blazer/rashidi can start all over again unfortunately. if they change the scales etc to fix shooting issues, the tendencies/sliders will have to be changed again.

unless of course 2K just changed default sliders to the ones floating on the internet and call that a patch lol.

# 90 RainZ @ 12/02/08 06:09 AM
Yup its definately out for 360, in PAL territories anyway,
I just got it upon booting up and have checked by looking at:

Free throws - they definitely no longer lag on the 1st at all
2K Cam - Is so far smooth as could be, its almost like a new game.. well at least how this one should have been from the start. (Bear in mind i used to love 2K cam but have been playing on broadcast)
Subs - Definitely fixed, i made subs on the fly then went back in again and my changes were still there. So all good!

Seems like they really came through so far!

One thing i am interested to hear Born and Court vision etc chime in on after they play with this patch is the spacing... just in the minutes i have played im finding that 2K Cam working properly seems to open up the floor a tonne more than what i was using before... Interested to hear some more thoughts once you guys get it..

# 91 Monta8 @ 12/02/08 07:00 AM
is the patch out for 360? i got asked for a update

# 92 dragonsruleme @ 12/02/08 07:49 AM
Will 2K release the patch for PC? I know the PC version has no oniline functions but they could post it as a download on their site.

# 93 ctu130 @ 12/02/08 08:30 AM
Yep the 360 Patch is already out, I played a few games online and there is verry very little lag, it probably lagged a little bit once in 1 game and the freethrows are much smoother. Haven't tried the 2k Cam though, cause i dont use it.

# 94 Da_Czar @ 12/02/08 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monta8
is the patch out for 360? i got asked for a update
yes

# 95 boomhauertjs @ 12/02/08 08:32 AM
I could do without the patch. I've got my sliders tweaked to exactly the way I want the game to play. I hope there isn't too much adjustment needed.

# 96 Serra11 @ 12/02/08 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctu130
Yep the 360 Patch is already out, I played a few games online and there is verry very little lag, it probably lagged a little bit once in 1 game and the freethrows are much smoother. Haven't tried the 2k Cam though, cause i dont use it.
And Ps3 patch???

# 97 DC @ 12/02/08 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctu130
Damn forreal; I can't wait to get off from work IF you are telling the truth. We know how yall OS Dudes be hallucinatin about getting updates

# 98 Kruza @ 12/02/08 08:52 AM
Take this with a grain of salt because I'm only observing what I see in a CPU vs. CPU Warriors vs. Clippers quick game. But under default foul slider settings I notice a lot more blocking and shooting fouls called on drives to the basket, and more free throw attempts as a result.

Kruza

# 99 DC @ 12/02/08 08:55 AM
I hope we see more OVER THE BACK CALLS!

# 100 FUBLU @ 12/02/08 08:57 AM
I booted my PS3 up around 10:00 pm last night and was asked about the update be4 even reading this.

Because I had no idea what the update was and really wanted to get a game in, I played and started the upload around midnight. Once the download was finished, I shut my PS3 down.

Just looked on here this morning and noticed what the upload was about!

(Man I wish I would have gone on ahead and did the download b4 I played.)

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.