Home
News Post

The highly anticipated patch for NBA 2K9 will arrive for the PS3 on December 3rd. Xbox 360 owners will have to wait, but it shouldn't be far behind.

You can find the bug fix list, right here.

Quote:
"I have been informed by Sony that the NBA 2K9 patch has cleared and is expected to be available within the next 48 hours. My next post will chronicle the changes expected in the patch. Obviously the 360 patch was submitted to Microsoft at the same time and it's now a matter of their timing on when they release the patch on XBL. I imagine it will be a matter of days and when I know exact timing, I will inform you. As you can see, the community made a major impact on decisions made in this patch so for all our titles, remember to post your thoughts and wanted changes and I will collect them with the moderators. You can make a huge impact on our games. Thanks..."

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 Nomah5 @ 12/02/08 12:27 PM
anyone seeing a graphical tuneup? Such as the logos at center court or on the baseline blurry?

# 162 DubTrey1 @ 12/02/08 12:32 PM
Greatest pre-Christmas gift. Ever. I am hoping the "little" fixes mentioned at the tail end of the gameplay fixes also cover the player spacing and inside-outside gameplay. Stoked to get this patch and finally start a 'chise.

# 163 Kruza @ 12/02/08 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra11
Thanks Kruza.
Still, inside shots are falling in quite frequently...Are you playing with default sliders or with your set???

Every slider is at its default setting. All-Pro difficulty level.

Kruza

# 164 manny2k8 @ 12/02/08 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Cool stuff, I'll have to dust of 2K9 this week.
Same here, can't wait to update.

It sounds like they really tried to fix as many issues as possible in the time frame allowed. I give you high props for this!

I just hope they learn next year to keep the community just a "little" more informed about the status of any future patches they release.

# 165 DereckM @ 12/02/08 12:51 PM
Well I played on allstar. I see all kinds of things like the graphics look better they have been upgraded a bit. Now they even have interviews with players in the locker room after the game. That was for DC. Why are people complaining about people ghost layups. When this was not even talked about in the patch. Seems like you guys are looking for things to rag about.

Anyway I havent seen many backdoors on pro if any, there are surely more jumpers on default now on pro. 2k cam is fixed and free throw lag is fixed. Thats all I needed. Great Job 2k.

# 166 Tomba @ 12/02/08 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DereckM
Well I played on allstar. I see all kinds of things like the graphics look better they have been upgraded a bit. Now they even have interviews with players in the locker room after the game. That was for DC. Why are people complaining about people ghost layups. When this was not even talked about in the patch. Seems like you guys are looking for things to rag about.

Anyway I havent seen many backdoors on pro if any, there are surely more jumpers on default now on pro. 2k cam is fixed and free throw lag is fixed. Thats all I needed. Great Job 2k.

are u kidding me about the graphics and players in the locker room!

# 167 tcnumba10 @ 12/02/08 12:55 PM
Quote:

Thanks bro for the update, all i cared about the patch was it's ability to fix the backdoors and the increase the number of mid-range Js taken by the cpu. Looks like they addressed the 2 most desirable needs for the gameplay to be perfect. Thanks bro for answering my qs.

# 168 2kjunkie @ 12/02/08 12:59 PM
Quote:
Now they even have interviews with players in the locker room after the game. 2k.
I am praying you weren't joking about this. If not then damn I am excited.

# 169 sjoh007 @ 12/02/08 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kjunkie

dude is lying no locker room interviews i have the 360 and just got the update and the courts are still blurry graphics semm to be the same and im on a hdtv

# 170 Tomba @ 12/02/08 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kjunkie
yeah I'm like 'huh?"

# 171 Tomba @ 12/02/08 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjoh007
dude is lying no locker room interviews i have the 360 and just got the update and the courts are still blurry graphics semm to be the same and im on a hdtv
Ohh so nothings better?

# 172 sjoh007 @ 12/02/08 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
Ohh so nothings better?
im playing a game now and the graphics are the same

# 173 Chris Smoove @ 12/02/08 01:12 PM
the 2k cam isnt fixed, it doesnt jump skip or drop at the halfcourt line but it does when your inbounding

huge fail

# 174 Tomba @ 12/02/08 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjoh007
im playing a game now and the graphics are the same

go into edit a player and see if the ehadband issues and shoes issues have been fixed...

# 175 sjoh007 @ 12/02/08 01:18 PM
Quote:
go into edit a player and see if the ehadband issues and shoes issues have been fixed...
"ehadband issues " WTF is that ?

# 176 sjoh007 @ 12/02/08 01:29 PM
cpu taking way to many 3's still

# 177 Tomba @ 12/02/08 01:34 PM
if it's true that they toned down the user more than the cpu like Sage stated then this patch might be useless to me as going all over again trying to figure out accurate shooting percentages with their "new" "ohh we changed the shooting percentages' then i'll just give up. i was hoping the patch would fix things like more camera angle replays more animations thrown in along with the sets thrown in now for iso etc... but no maybe afew more jerseys maybe afew better shoes but no and better way to edit a face i don't know.. this stuff they did doesn't eally adress anythign i've been able to fix already anyway.

I DO NOT play online so i don't care about these online fixes..but thats me

# 178 RoyalBoyle78 @ 12/02/08 01:36 PM
just swapped LIVE for 2k with my homeboy, Back with 2k9 again, don't mind at all. live is good but stale. Anyway I was just waiting for this patch.

# 179 sjoh007 @ 12/02/08 01:39 PM
Quote:
if it's true that they toned down the user more than the cpu like Sage stated then this patch might be useless to me as going all over again trying to figure out accurate shooting percentages with their "new" "ohh we changed the shooting percentages' then i'll just give up. i was hoping the patch would fix things like more camera angle replays more animations thrown in along with the sets thrown in now for iso etc... but no maybe afew more jerseys maybe afew better shoes but no and better way to edit a face i don't know.. this stuff they did doesn't eally adress anythign i've been able to fix already anyway.

I DO NOT play online so i don't care about these online fixes..but thats me
they do have some new animations when players score but seems like they just jacked up the cpu more now i have to readjust my sliders even more to make the cpu stop taking 3's

# 180 sjoh007 @ 12/02/08 01:41 PM
cj miles of utah already has taken 3 3pointers and hit all of them and korver is shoting from half court almost and nailing 3's

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.