Home
News Post

The NBA 2K9 patch has been released for the Xbox 360. The PS3 patch should be released sometime tomorrow. Please post your impressions here.

Here is the original link, that talks about the patch.

NBA 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Muzyk23 @ 12/02/08 03:21 PM
It hasn't been fixed DC

I'm starting a game guys: Knicks at Blazers(me) pro, default sliders, 7 min.quarters, speed-54

will keep you updated on things

# 2 bobbysco13 @ 12/02/08 03:28 PM
Just got home, played 2 games on pro difficulty with default sliders..........I shot 63% from the field and the computer shot 66%.....Computer scored 85 points with 68 coming in the paint (22 of those on backdoor cuts) TYhere were also 4 ally-oops by the computer in the game, and I SWEAR I hit numerous j's with guys right in my grill....Same game, they say new patch, but I'm not buying this "placebo" effect

# 3 Bornindamecca @ 12/02/08 03:30 PM
It's not a placebo if guys have the numbers to back it up.

# 4 Tomba @ 12/02/08 03:32 PM
Completely heart broken...

Honestly my thoughts are in my most recent blog entry now....

# 5 DC @ 12/02/08 03:33 PM
Link TOmba; to the blog

# 6 2kjunkie @ 12/02/08 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
Link TOmba; to the blog
It is in his sig I believe

# 7 Kruza @ 12/02/08 03:35 PM
I think from going by what I've experienced watching and playing this game after the patch and under default slider settings, All-Pro level plays a more balanced game of basketball than Pro level does. Rookie and Pro levels both play an offense-heavy game while Superstar and Hall of Fame levels play a defense-heavy game (despite existing help defense issues). But it's too early to really confirm.

Kruza

# 8 auburntigersfan @ 12/02/08 03:35 PM
Quote:
Link TOmba; to the blog
http://www.operationsports.com/Tomba...se-indefinite/

# 9 bobbysco13 @ 12/02/08 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
It's not a placebo if guys have the numbers to back it up.
But MY numbers don't mean anything?.....People, including me can type any "numbers" we want to into these forums....But two straight games shooting in the mid 60's with most of the points scored in the lane, I am telling you the game HAS NOT changed....at least not for the better

# 10 Bornindamecca @ 12/02/08 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysco13
But MY numbers don't mean anything?.....People, including me can type any "numbers" we want to into these forums....But two straight games shooting in the mid 60's with most of the points scored in the lane, I am telling you the game HAS NOT changed....at least not for the better
If different people are getting different percentages, then the issue is user tendency, not necessarily a universal game flaw.

# 11 Tomba @ 12/02/08 03:40 PM
Quote:
Link TOmba; to the blog

Not at all a big write up but I can't hide the fact that IF I play NBA 2k9 it has to be without this patch now...

# 12 Muzyk23 @ 12/02/08 03:44 PM
Fastbreaks have been definitely fixed. Firstly, the guys run with you on wings, secondly you can throw 3/4 court passes for a striking player - all in one smooth animation.

# 13 btseroyer @ 12/02/08 03:45 PM
I played one game with it and really liked the substitution menu changes.

I don't know about you guys, but I definitely noticed a change in FG%. I had my close scoring at 30 and had been shooting 49-53% on average and I just shot 43% and all my bigs couldn't get the ball in the bucket to save their life.

# 14 bobbysco13 @ 12/02/08 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
If different people are getting different percentages, then the issue is user tendency, not necessarily a universal game flaw.
I agree Born with your "user tendency" theory, accept that it was not me scoring all the points in the paint, etc. it was the computer AI......I have played the 2K series since it first came out and NEVER have I seen more of a "get the ball into the lane for the closest shot possible" than what I do from the computer AI (there is NOTHING you can truly do about it, especially after the patch) I just wish I had not downloaded the patch and could've kept the game the way I had it. The best playing game the way it was??, no.......but at least I was having fun while playing with the sliders and the game was competitive and somewhat sim....not now..

# 15 manny2k8 @ 12/02/08 03:55 PM
I'm not getting prompted to download anything from my ps3, can anyone explain why?

# 16 23 @ 12/02/08 03:57 PM
Probably because you have to wait until tomorrow to get the patch. It looks like 360 owners only, today.

# 17 manny2k8 @ 12/02/08 03:59 PM
Oh I see, thx

# 18 lasthour @ 12/02/08 04:01 PM
Quote:
I agree Born with your "user tendency" theory, accept that it was not me scoring all the points in the paint, etc. it was the computer AI......I have played the 2K series since it first came out and NEVER have I seen more of a "get the ball into the lane for the closest shot possible" than what I do from the computer AI (there is NOTHING you can truly do about it, especially after the patch) I just wish I had not downloaded the patch and could've kept the game the way I had it. The best playing game the way it was??, no.......but at least I was having fun while playing with the sliders and the game was competitive and somewhat sim....not now..

First of all I have tried to explain this before. In 2k9 you have to say in front of the offensive person. The KEY on positioning is to watch the offensive persons head movement or shoulders. You can not let the offensive player get a clean look at the basket.

If you watch the offensive player they make a lot of head movements. If they are facing one direction but you are facing another direction then this is considered an uncontested jumper. You do not have to play lock down defense but it helps you to keep your head lined up with the offensive players head. (this is basically squaring up with the offensive player) Now other things come into play like; ratings, size, distance.

Do not expect to lock down superstars or quick players all the time. They make a lot of subtle head fakes to get that clear line of sight at the basket.

You will know when you are playing properly because you will NOT have to jump at jumpers and they will take bad shot, have shot clock violations, be forced away from the paint, commit more unforced turn overs and etc.

Before anyone come in and slaps this down I play on default or superstar with no slider adjustments. I can keep the cpu under 48%, most point guards under 6 assist per game and points in the paint range from mid 20's to low 30's. I play on 7 minute quarters and this style of play works on the online cheesers that use Kobe, James, TMac etc abusers with a double team from time to time to keep them from getting hot.

# 19 Bornindamecca @ 12/02/08 04:03 PM
Quote:
Defensive user tendencies have a more drastic effect on AI than offensive tendencies.

# 20 Hassan Darkside @ 12/02/08 04:08 PM
I just got it and I'm playing a game right now with thefuture420's sliders. So far one thing I noticed was that I deflected a pass and Q-Rich picked up the ball about 3 feet behind the 3 point line and took off in the opposite direction (with Nate running beside him) and I had enough time to give it up to nate and still finish and the CPU didn't chase me down.

« Previous1234567892223Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.