Home
News Post

The NBA 2K9 patch has been released for the Xbox 360. The PS3 patch should be released sometime tomorrow. Please post your impressions here.

Here is the original link, that talks about the patch.

NBA 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 DaoudS @ 12/02/08 06:31 PM
I think now we might have to learn the low post moves rather than backing the opposing player down - which is probably a good thing.

# 62 tcnumba10 @ 12/02/08 06:32 PM
Maybe you guys can increase or decrease the Strength Slider and/or increase or decrease the On-ball Defense in order to see ppl being backed down?

If you are controlling a Big man down in the low post and want to back down, can't you just post up and and spin either right or left of your defender by slightly pushing your left analog stick to the direction of the roll?

# 63 Jackets333 @ 12/02/08 06:33 PM
3 seconds in the lane is still not called. Seems like the easiest thing to fix. Online is still a camp in the lane fest.

# 64 Muzyk23 @ 12/02/08 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
So can I confirm with you guys that during gameplay in offline mode that:

1) There's no backdoor passes the CPU does which lead to a high number of PIP (points in the paint)?

2) There is an increase of mid-range Js attempted by the CPU?
play with default sliders..I'm having a blast..no issues for me

# 65 TCruz @ 12/02/08 06:34 PM
Is there a tell tale way to be 100% that you have the patch? let me explain. I have wireless internet and haven't hooked up my xbox to it in 6 months. I have downloaded NOTHING from nba 2k9 until today. I hooked it up and it updated a couple times. But I just want to make 100% sure that I have the patch. Is there a definitive way to tell??

Thank you guys so much.

# 66 DaoudS @ 12/02/08 06:37 PM
just boosted user strength to 65 and the backing down seems more realistic - you get about 1 push at a time and if you just stand against the guy he will push you away.

# 67 Taur3asi3 @ 12/02/08 06:39 PM
The post game isnt *that* bad from the patch. So far in my testing i've found that you just have to get good position and if that means tossing it back out and resetting then so be it, that's real basketball.

Although that doesnt excuse Shaq not being able to push Stackhouse around like he was nothing...

# 68 Muzyk23 @ 12/02/08 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCruz
Is there a tell tale way to be 100% that you have the patch? let me explain. I have wireless internet and haven't hooked up my xbox to it in 6 months. I have downloaded NOTHING from nba 2k9 until today. I hooked it up and it updated a couple times. But I just want to make 100% sure that I have the patch. Is there a definitive way to tell??

Thank you guys so much.
1st free throw and 2k cam - if there is no stutter you have the patch

or

play some tutorials and then go to play a game, if there is no inbound bug you are good to go

# 69 Benicio10 @ 12/02/08 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaoudS
just boosted user strength to 65 and the backing down seems more realistic - you get about 1 push at a time and if you just stand against the guy he will push you away.
it all depends on ratings though. the rating of the guy backing down vs. the rating of the guy being backed down.

you have to come up with a system of what # should be able to back down what #, and what shouldn't be able to.

# 70 RoyalBoyle78 @ 12/02/08 06:50 PM
dont know if has been tested or asked, but how are the simmed stats and scores, are they better?

# 71 aholbert32 @ 12/02/08 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird123
Is it me, or you can't back back anyone in the post anymore? Even with Yao or Shaq, with mis-matches and smaller players on them?

Its just harder. The rule seems to be if you have a mismatch, you will be able to back the smaller player down. If you dont, its depends on the player. Just played a game w/ LAL and Bynum could backdown anybody but Gasol could only backdown mismatches.

Points in the Paint seems fixed with the patch and my sliders. Very few points in the paint and the CPU takes more jumpshots.

# 72 Lid @ 12/02/08 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird123
Is it me, or you can't back back anyone in the post anymore? Even with Yao or Shaq, with mis-matches and smaller players on them?
yeah.... thought i was the only one

# 73 DaoudS @ 12/02/08 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Its just harder. The rule seems to be if you have a mismatch, you will be able to back the smaller player down. If you dont, its depends on the player. Just played a game w/ LAL and Bynum could backdown anybody but Gasol could only backdown mismatches.

Points in the Paint seems fixed with the patch and my sliders. Very few points in the paint and the CPU takes more jumpshots.
are you using nogsters rosters or just default?

# 74 RainZ @ 12/02/08 07:03 PM
So, my impressions after playing 5 or so games, all within my association.

Firstly, I can confirm that the changes the patch made will affect your association seamlessly. Now I was playing with my own tweaks etc still in place, such as increased fatigue etc, and lowered inside scoring, similar to a lot of you other guys, and I didn't see any need to go and reset these.

During the games I found that maybe my fatigue slider setting had been reset or something as occasionaly it seemed my guys weren't getting tired. I will have to take the time and go through my sliders to see if anything actually was reset.

Straight away after the first few possessions of the game it really felt like the AI was playing differently, and playing smarter basketball somehow..

I was seeing them pass into the post, not get position and then pass out, only to reset and try the entry pass again, just as you should.

Then I was seeing CP3 drive and kill me in the paint with little floaters on the run and best of all, I was finally seeing a mid range game by the AI.
I could hardly believe my eyes when every team I faced actually took the open mid range shot, forcing me to play honest defense for the first time.

What I wasn't seeing was pointless pounding in the post by the AI and the utter rubbish possessions that I used to see. It really has been like playing a new game so far, and im loving it.

Overall, the patch basically seemed to have fixed any issues I was having playing on Pro level and dare I say it I am even more in love... Almost like me and 2K have spent a dirty weekend away and reignited the passion...

# 75 RoyalBoyle78 @ 12/02/08 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainZ
So, my impressions after playing 5 or so games, all within my association.

Firstly, I can confirm that the changes the patch made will affect your association seamlessly. Now I was playing with my own tweaks etc still in place, such as increased fatigue etc, and lowered inside scoring, similar to a lot of you other guys, and I didn't see any need to go and reset these.

During the games I found that maybe my fatigue slider setting had been reset or something as occasionaly it seemed my guys weren't getting tired. I will have to take the time and go through my sliders to see if anything actually was reset.

Straight away after the first few possessions of the game it really felt like the AI was playing differently, and playing smarter basketball somehow..

I was seeing them pass into the post, not get position and then pass out, only to reset and try the entry pass again, just as you should.

Then I was seeing CP3 drive and kill me in the paint with little floaters on the run and best of all, I was finally seeing a mid range game by the AI.
I could hardly believe my eyes when every team I faced actually took the open mid range shot, forcing me to play honest defense for the first time.

What I wasn't seeing was pointless pounding in the post by the AI and the utter rubbish possessions that I used to see. It really has been like playing a new game so far, and im loving it.

Overall, the patch basically seemed to have fixed any issues I was having playing on Pro level and dare I say it I am even more in love... Almost like me and 2K have spent a dirty weekend away and reignited the passion...
LOL, good post.

# 76 Rback21 @ 12/02/08 07:13 PM
Sorry to be off topic but does anyone know who Pappy Knuckles' avatar is?

# 77 Bornindamecca @ 12/02/08 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCruz

Thank you guys so much.
The on the fly subs glitch should be tell tale as well. Pre patch, the subs would reset if you pulled the otf sub screen up. Now, your sub choices should remain until the players actually enter the game.

# 78 aholbert32 @ 12/02/08 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaoudS
are you using nogsters rosters or just default?
Nogster.

# 79 Rback21 @ 12/02/08 07:33 PM
Back on track... I've noticed more deflections and a REAL fastbreak during the game I'm playing right now.

# 80 DakkoN @ 12/02/08 07:37 PM
Maybe it's just my mind playing tricks on me, but I'm seeing defensive stopping bigs like Ben Wallace or Marcus Camby get steals and blocks that I've never noticed before. Seeing Camby just stuff people instead of the swats and tipped blocks that you usually see.

Unfortunately, it's still way too easy to score inside and mid air passes are way too accurate. I'm watching my brother play and he's doing a jump shot to get the defender in the air, and then passing out of the shot through 3 people to Ilgauskas for an easy lay in. Ridiculous.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.