Home
News Post

The NBA 2K9 patch has been released for the Xbox 360. The PS3 patch should be released sometime tomorrow. Please post your impressions here.

Here is the original link, that talks about the patch.

NBA 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 edubbs @ 12/02/08 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
Anyone seeing any improvement with:

Spacing?

Help D? Are guards finally leaving their men to help out?

No real improvements here.

However, I think they have improved the game enough to be able to enjoy season mode.

# 82 The 24th Letter @ 12/02/08 07:53 PM
I cant imagine that any offline player like myself could be displeased with this patch....cant really speak for online. IT truly makes the game alot more authentic. I love what im getting PIP wise.

# 83 Tomba @ 12/02/08 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
Anyone seeing any improvement with:

Spacing?

Help D? Are guards finally leaving their men to help out?
Thing is. I got this working pre patch for my revision edit of TOMBA 2K9. Now because of the patch I have to literally retest another two weeks of this to get it to where i have it now based of all the feedback i got from you guys. scoring %'s were fine pre patch with the revision as well. Now? Heck I just ain't got the time again to make it work all over again...

i seriously thought 2k wouldn't be messing with fixing the hard coding of the ratings system which they did...completely nagates anything i did. nogster did etc...

# 84 Tomba @ 12/02/08 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I cant imagine that any offline player like myself could be displeased with this patch....cant really speak for online. IT truly makes the game alot more authentic. I love what im getting PIP wise.

You see what happened is this. i fixed the game based off of feedback. THEN 2k fixes two areas of all the gameplay areas that needed fixing and i'm left now having to redo everything trying to keep the INTEGRITY of their little fixes..

BS and NOT BehindShadows either.

# 85 The 24th Letter @ 12/02/08 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
You see what happened is this. i fixed the game based off of feedback. THEN 2k fixes two areas of all the gameplay areas that needed fixing and i'm left now having to redo everything trying to keep the INTEGRITY of their little fixes..

BS and NOT BehindShadows either.

LOL I feel you man.....keep up the good work...

# 86 The 24th Letter @ 12/02/08 08:07 PM
man, those in game help d \ d pressure sliders are sooooo underated lol

# 87 rgp913 @ 12/02/08 08:08 PM

# 88 BroMontana82 @ 12/02/08 08:17 PM
All I have to say is "The lobby could not be joined at this time" (Team Up mode)

# 89 domingo_salanguit @ 12/02/08 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
Not at all a big write up but I can\'t hide the fact that IF I play NBA 2k9 it has to be without this patch now...
can you still release your updates on tomba 2k9 for those who haven\'t updated their game yet?

# 90 DakkoN @ 12/02/08 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
From what i have seen people are really liking the online now as you can just force your way down in the middle and dunk over everyone.
If you know the mechanics of the game and want to dunk on someone, you can do it at will.

# 91 ryguy227 @ 12/02/08 08:35 PM
sim stats are all funked up right now. at least using nogster's roster. i don't think i've seen a team average over 100ppg when simming a season so far. 2k's roster seems ok i think. but the lack of rebounds for the bigs is still there looks like. hmmff.

# 92 The 24th Letter @ 12/02/08 08:38 PM
well thats easy.... nogs layups close shots and layups are toned down...combined w\ 2k's toned down your not going to see high scores

# 93 TCruz @ 12/02/08 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
The on the fly subs glitch should be tell tale as well. Pre patch, the subs would reset if you pulled the otf sub screen up. Now, your sub choices should remain until the players actually enter the game.

Thanks a bunch dude. I just fired it up and played a few minutes. 2k camera has 0 lag thus far, free throws are fixed, and the subs are good to go. I just did a quick game against the Celtics while I used the Lakers and I had KG post up Pau and actually do a mid range fadeaway. Instead of backing me down for 10 seconds and doing a jumphook. This game is playing awesome right now through the first few quarters.

# 94 DaoudS @ 12/02/08 09:03 PM
just had a crazy OT game against the rockets - down by 15 at the half because Yao was destroying me with second chance opportunities. The dude had 7 of his 16 rebounds on offense, and Scola had 3 other offensive rebounds. They had 17 second chance points, but even with that the Rockets had 44 points in the paint - 108 overall and shot 47% from the field.

The patch seems to be working wonders with a couple of slider edits from my previous set.

# 95 BroMontana82 @ 12/02/08 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKE4742
Do all cameras (specifically Drive cam) seem smoother offline?
yeah a lot better...there's still some framerate issues when you inbounds the ball, but it's a lot better, especially after half court.

# 96 rgp913 @ 12/02/08 09:11 PM
Just finished my first game and I have to say it's by far the most enjoyable game I've played since I got 2k9. I'm using nogsters sliders and tendencies with my own player ratings. The game just plays great now. "Feels" realistic. Much more cohesive and smooth. I was very surprised after reading how many negative reviews it has gotten already. Great job by 2k9 crew. Only complaint is it seems CAPs have to be reuploaded by their makers in order to be downloaded without that generic face setting. It doesnt fix pre-existing uploaded CAPs.

Edit: playing 2nd game....Postup is way too hard. Any suggestions for a work around?

# 97 The 24th Letter @ 12/02/08 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker8
I know I'll get some criticism here, but I'm going to say these things anyways....
As you can see man....just to put it frankly: no one really cares lol Alot of people here are happy with the improvements and just want to enjoy the game. Some arent. Thats fine! But there is no need to go into (yet another) long spill about how you feel about the game again. We have all read it repeated times between the two forums. I dont know what the intent of your post was supposed to be, but fyi man, were good....we gotcha....dont feel like you have to validate your choice with an explanation in every thread.

# 98 gman2774 @ 12/02/08 09:21 PM
PS3 Owners: I just popped in the game and was prompted to download patch 1.10. I haven't play this game in well over a month and I'm not sure if this is the patch or a prior update. Does anyone know? Thanks for the help.

# 99 truballer845 @ 12/02/08 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
PS3 Owners: I just popped in the game and was prompted to download patch 1.10. I haven't play this game in well over a month and I'm not sure if this is the patch or a prior update. Does anyone know? Thanks for the help.

that was the first patch

# 100 J-Unit40 @ 12/02/08 09:26 PM
PS3 patch sounds like it's out. Nice! Can't wait to get a game in when I get home.

Thanks for the update.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.