Home
News Post

ESPN the Magazine has posted an article they've entitled, You're Never Too Old For MLB 08, where they talk to our very own jim416 (Stewart). Keep on gaming brother!

Quote:
ESPN: "When did you first get into playing video games?"

Stewart: "I remember when Atari and the Odyssey first came out and me and my buddies would play those dumb little Pong-like baseball games. And every year, when the new games came out, we'd play them, but it was nothing more than passing the time. The games back then always had something missing. But when Sony came out with MLB 07: The Show, that's the one I thought dramatically changed the face of baseball gaming. And with MLB 08, the jump was night and day. That's the game that made me finally buy an LCD TV."

Game: MLB '08: The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 97 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 Knight165 @ 12/09/08 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
MK, I know you only work a couple days a week at the fire place, so I'd like to hire you as my agent. I'm looking for something long term, perhaps six figures, and a blow up doll that looks like Odalys Garcia. In your many off days you think you can pull that off for me?

I'll be standing by.

Yours in waiting.
Haha....we'll talk.

M.K.
Knight165

# 22 Scooter3 @ 12/09/08 09:47 PM
Great stuff Jim!

Jim is proof that as we mature we don't have to get rid of the Boy in us.
I'm with you Jim I still love Baseball as much or more as I did when I first put on my first uniform..

You my friend are ageless as is your passion for Baseball!
You are a great contributor to the evolution of our favorite Video Baseball Game...(The Show)...Thanks Buddy...

Now go and oil that glove and lets play some BASEBALL!

Scooter...

# 23 ty5oke @ 12/09/08 10:12 PM
Great job Jim, that was a great read.

This article is being sent to my dad, I've been trying to get him to play the show for the past couple years. I hope this shows him it can be done.

# 24 countryboy @ 12/09/08 10:43 PM
great read and great interview Jim.

# 25 poster @ 12/09/08 11:07 PM
Awesome stuff Jim! Congrats on the piece!

# 26 Gary Armida @ 12/09/08 11:11 PM
Congrats Jim. Awesome read man. Not only do you add to my music collection every day, now I get to read about you too!

To say you deserve some accolades is an understatement.

# 27 Shakedowncapo @ 12/09/08 11:45 PM
OMG IS THAT A PIC OF MLB '09!?!?!

# 28 dodgerblue @ 12/10/08 12:26 AM
Nice interview Jim! Thanks for your dedication to making video baseball more fun to play! To think that maybe I downloaded one of your high heat rosters back in the 90's is crazy.

# 29 Shakedowncapo @ 12/10/08 01:08 AM
i know...just being an idiot.

# 30 PsychoBulk @ 12/10/08 05:34 AM
James you are an inspiration to us, shall we say "middle aged" gamers that we have years left in us yet

# 31 ARMORALLL @ 12/10/08 05:38 AM
Good stuff!!!

# 32 walezy @ 12/10/08 07:18 AM
nice job, good to see you in the limelight

# 33 mlblover15 @ 12/10/08 08:29 AM
jim simply amazing, you should feel very proud and excited. im 38 but most say that im a very young immature kid but i dont care.. we are who we are and we do what we do and i hope that when im your age that im still kicking it old school and playing video games... you go man!!!!

# 34 K_GUN @ 12/10/08 09:11 AM
sweet read

that makes this 37 year old gamer....comfortable with his hobby

congrats to OS as well...great site gets some print

# 35 DJ @ 12/10/08 10:07 AM
Nice interview, Jim.

I don't have a PS3 (although I'm tempted), but play MLB on my PSP. Definitely enjoy the game and definitely appreciate you and all the guys on here that take the time to update rosters for the various games we all enjoy.

# 36 EnigmaNemesis @ 12/10/08 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
Nice interview, Jim.

I don't have a PS3 (although I'm tempted), but play MLB on my PSP. Definitely enjoy the game and definitely appreciate you and all the guys on here that take the time to update rosters for the various games we all enjoy.

Dude, get your butt out there and get a PS3 for it. I love me the PSP version, and play it religiously ... but man the PS3 version, is it ever sweet!

# 37 nyisles16 @ 12/10/08 11:33 AM
Great read Jim..

# 38 magoo1967 @ 12/10/08 02:41 PM
Congrats on the great write up Jim, very cool indeed. Some people try to tell me that I'm too old to be playing games at 41 (poor clueless souls). I have been trying to get my 64 year old dad into playing The Show for a few years now. He absolutely loves baseball and he seems fascinated when he watches me play the game, but he constantly tells me "there are too many buttons and he's too old and slow to figure them all out" (I should note that he's also been a bodybuilder since he was in High School and still works out regularly, so we're not talking about a feeble old man here). I can't wait to show him this article. Between that and the hopeful return of the HR Derby (less buttons), 2009 may be the year I finally convince my dad to stop watching and start playing The Show!

# 39 Rod_Carew29 @ 12/10/08 08:35 PM
::applause::

major props to the over 50 crowd!!!!
and I agree...the old fashioned way is the BEST way!

# 40 WatchdogXC @ 12/11/08 10:11 AM
That was great! I'm only 27, but playing MLB 08 reminded me of playing Baseball Stars, RBI, and Major League Baseball on the NES and just having fun playing baseball games.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.