Home
News Post

UGO has posted their preview of MLB '09: The Show.

Quote:
"It’s probably best to get this out of the way from the outset: I am not a sports guy and if I were, baseball would still rank pretty low among my interests. This is important because I’m about to fill you readers in on preview time spent with Sony’s PlayStation 3-exclusive baseball sim MLB 09: The Show. And while it’s not going to change the opinions of those who prefer other sports or no sports at all, the 2009 edition of The Show looks as though it will offer a deeper, more fulfilling simulation than ever before, with the added benefit of amped up visuals and player-tailored features."

Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 AlexBrady @ 12/17/08 05:39 PM
This was wierd being that it came from a guy who dislikes sports.

# 22 ckarlic @ 12/17/08 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I think that is just concept art for the actual stadium, not the stadium that is in the video game.
You might be right dude..Didn't even notice the SNY logo there.

# 23 PsychoBulk @ 12/17/08 06:00 PM
Sounds like heaven guys.

Especially love the transitional weather and custom walk up music, recording our own sounds could be a lot of fun.

Hopefully this is the start of a steady trickle of information now.

# 24 PsychoBulk @ 12/17/08 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike75

This guy sure sounds like he thinks MLB 09 The Show looks a lot better then 08 did.
Yep, and with comments like...

the character models looked decidedly last-gen, the stadiums were light on detail and the whole package felt more like a PS2.5 release

I can only drool because i thought 08 was an amazing looking game.

If 09 really is that much better it could be nothing short of magnificent.

# 25 WatchdogXC @ 12/17/08 07:15 PM
Hmmm, I wish I could go into a coma for the next 3 months and wake up on release date! This sounds amazing. I thought the graphics were already great. I'm very excited about the day to night progression and having custom walkup music and crowd chants it going to be fantastic!

# 26 Alonzo @ 12/17/08 07:15 PM
all those things the guy mentioned are truely awesome, really, much better graphics, dynamic weather and lighting, a gazillion new animations, improved franchise-mode...it seems like SCEA listens to their fanbase, great job.

If they corrected the gameplay-things, especially hitting and defense, combined with all other new things, this game could easily be the best sports-title of all time.

I have faith in the SCEA guys, they will get it done.

# 27 BDKiiing @ 12/17/08 07:29 PM
yeah, but the problem is...how much of this will be in the ps2 version?

# 28 ARMORALLL @ 12/17/08 07:55 PM
The only thing I'm wondering after the first paragraph is why is a guy who has zero intrest in baseball previewing this game. On the other hand I liked what I read. Crowds will dress according to the weather. does this mean umbrellas come out when it starts to drizzle? BTW is that a screenshot? I believe its just a rendering.

edit: yes its a rendering http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/nym/imag...d1_450x338.jpg

# 29 K_GUN @ 12/17/08 08:18 PM
pretty cool

# 30 poster @ 12/17/08 08:19 PM
Some good stuff there, can't wait to hear more. Pumped about the lighting additions!

# 31 Darkleaf @ 12/17/08 08:25 PM
OMG OMG OOMG

Quote:
There are feature additions as well, but this is where my lack of interest in the sport begins to have repercussions. Salary arbitration, trade rights and 40-man rosters will all now factor into the game’s team management-focused decisions. The created player-focused “Road to the Show Mode” will also now offer a full practice mode in which players can improve their stats (or hurt them, if things go sour). And finally, expect to see more crowd interactions, team mascots, field wear as each game progresses and – of course – Trophy support.

# 32 Darkleaf @ 12/17/08 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Is it a 40 man roster in the way we expect it though? Last year they said 40 man roster too.

It figures, a guy who has zero interest in baseball gets an early peak at the game, lol.

Ahhh I forgot that they did that to us.. I hope they don't sell a "feature" that is wrong again.

# 33 Darkleaf @ 12/17/08 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennysiegel4
does the ps3 come with HDMI cables?
No.

# 34 bhurst99 @ 12/17/08 08:30 PM
Sounds great. Too bad I won't be done my Jays video dynasty by the time this comes out.

# 35 Darkleaf @ 12/17/08 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
You can find plenty of HDMI cables for cheap though.
Yup, Don't fall into the Monster cable trap.

# 36 Darkleaf @ 12/17/08 08:34 PM
Quote:
Ive got a 42 inch flatscreen...will it make much of a difference in terms of graphics if i get the cable or not? and do you have to buy hdmi cables that are made for the ps3 or no?
I think it does but you will try what comes with it and find that the lure to find out what HDMI is about is too strong and you will get them anyways so..

Get something that is good for anything so if you get a HD dvd or cable box you can you just switch them if you wanted.

# 37 countryboy @ 12/17/08 08:34 PM
Quote:
Ive got a 42 inch flatscreen...will it make much of a difference in terms of graphics if i get the cable or not? and do you have to buy hdmi cables that are made for the ps3 or no?
nope. Any HDMI cable will work.

# 38 Darkleaf @ 12/17/08 08:41 PM
This is when Kolbe steps in and calms all of our fears about this 40 man roster.
If not please just burst the bubble now...

# 39 Darkleaf @ 12/17/08 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
In a folder on my backup drive I have dozens of sound bytes from High Heat...."new pitcher please!"....."why don't you just put it on a tee"....."how about a hot dog and a coke".....

I'm hoping I can add these to the game.

This all sounds really great.

Cool, I bet some audio of that guy in Tampa would be cool to hear(Once lol) when you go to the Trop.

# 40 Darkleaf @ 12/17/08 08:49 PM
Quote:
Im gonna add the soundbyte from Major League when he goes "justtttttt a bit outside" for when I or the opposing pitcher throws a wild pitch lol
Oman great idea! That movies got a lot of classics..

I thought this movie was something else lol ...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.