Home
UFC 2009 Undisputed News Post

Gamespy has posted some UFC 2009 Undisputed screenshots. Any interest in this game? Make sure you vote for your "Hype Score".

Game: UFC 2009 UndisputedReader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 25 - View All
UFC 2009 Undisputed Videos
Member Comments
# 1 aholbert32 @ 12/19/08 08:46 AM
Some of the pics are of Rashad and Forrest too. Cant see Rashad's face though/

# 2 allBthere @ 12/19/08 01:51 PM
can't vote for hype on this computer, but I will say I'm looking forward to this more than any other '09 game at the moment. I hope the AI is awesome since fighting games I really enjoy a good single player career.

# 3 Pappy Knuckles @ 12/19/08 01:52 PM
It will be nice to dominate some of you when this comes out.

# 4 slip3rman @ 12/19/08 07:35 PM
I see they have changed the glove tape from the athletic tape w/ signature to the colored duct tape corresponding to corner. Also Forrest has different trunks on. They have put advertisements on the trunks too, which is cool. So hopefully this means career will be creatable and completely customizable with different ads, maybe some custom text like WWF Attitude had. I see Rashad has American Fighter on his trunks.

Looks great, but the bread and butter will be game play. If it doesn't feel good inside the octagon, none of that will matter. Hopefully soon we can get some game play insight. Then next on the wishlist is an in depth career mode that is not linear and includes rpg things like joining a team and such, but we can take it one step at a time.

# 5 DueceDiggla @ 12/20/08 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
It will be nice to dominate some of you when this comes out.

My BJ Penn vs. your GSP on release day. I will button smash you to death.

# 6 DueceDiggla @ 12/20/08 09:03 AM
BTW, I was listening to Sherdog radio a couple of weeks ago and it sounds like they think the game will be postponed due to getting all of the fighters to sign the videogame deal. I hope this isn't true.

# 7 Pappy Knuckles @ 12/20/08 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DueceDiggla
My BJ Penn vs. your GSP on release day. I will button smash you to death.

Haha. Be careful what you wish for, GSP might destroy your hopes and dreams. I'm actually a bigger fan of Penn these days, so I might have to pull out Ken Flo to take out the Hawaiian. Hell, I think Melvin Guillard should be enough...just don't get me in a choke. I'm gonna make you take the game back and pick up the Dreamcast version after your beating.

# 8 allBthere @ 12/20/08 03:34 PM
I want to kill everyone with the riddum! including anderson w/ GSP (if you can go cross-weight)

# 9 Pappy Knuckles @ 12/20/08 03:57 PM
I can't wait to strike with Anderson. If i were you I'd keep your boy GSP in his weight class if you don't want him hurt. When I'm using Silva I'm gonna feel out my opponent for the first minute and dance around. Then I'm bringing an arsenal of strikes and brutality that he's known for. Aw man, talking about this game is killing me. These months need to go buy so I can finally play it.

# 10 aholbert32 @ 12/20/08 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickisBack
one of the problems of the first UFC games was that after you got decent at the game it was almost impossible to be submitted. I hope ratings, situation and timing play a role in submissions and positioning.

I also hope that we can pull off good combos while standing up. This game seems like it is going to have a unique control scheme which could be either awsome or terrible. Iam leaning towards awsome because it seems like they are really taking their time making this game.

Btw...i could care less about the single player AI. The online and impact of lag online is such an important component
I'm the complete opposite. I need single player AI to be correect because no matter how good the game people online always find a way to cheese. I would like to see a Career mode but I dont need it. Its their first year so I expect some features to be missing.

# 11 SHAKYR @ 12/20/08 05:34 PM
The info on this game has stolen some of my Fight Night Round 4 hype. I hope it comes out first to hold me over. It might keep my interest and Fight Night is going to have to wait...LOL!

# 12 mgoblue @ 12/20/08 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'm the complete opposite. I need single player AI to be correect because no matter how good the game people online always find a way to cheese. I would like to see a Career mode but I dont need it. Its their first year so I expect some features to be missing.
I'm with you...I play more offline than I do online (I hate playing cheesers, and with my limited time I end up playing I can't always get OS matches or something). I enjoy a fun career mode or at least some offline mode that's engaging enough to play.

I know the game won't be perfect, but I'm just glad to hear the gameplay impressions be optimistic to start. Means the game should be fun and playable, moreso than other first year efforts like TNA Impact...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.