Home
News Post

Playstation.com has posted some more MLB 09 The Show screenshots.

Quote:
"Now includes interactive training, new settings, a new steal/ lead-off system, presentations and coach interactions. Interactive training will consist of a set of mini-games designed to improve a player’s ability and performance in various areas of baseball."

Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 121 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/07/09 11:21 PM
I think these screens look fantastic.

There is NOTHING in them showing any steps backwards. The textures are as crisp as they were in '08. And it appears the color pops a bit more, which to me, is an improvement.

Also, you can clearly tell the lighting and shadowing have improved. Especially the HDR lighting off the players and field from the time of day progression.

It is going to be sick graphically. 700 added animations with 400 more presentation screens. The HDR lighting more prominent due to the 'time of day' progression, and it is a winner in my book.

Personally you will NOT see a huge improvement until the new player models. But for the fact it didn't take 10 steps backwards graphically like 2K8 did from 2K7, but rather some nice steps forward is a HUGE plus for my baseball gaming.

# 122 tbone1 @ 01/08/09 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
I think these screens look fantastic.

There is NOTHING in them showing any steps backwards. The textures are as crisp as they were in '08. And it appears the color pops a bit more, which to me, is an improvement.

Also, you can clearly tell the lighting and shadowing have improved. Especially the HDR lighting off the players and field from the time of day progression.

It is going to be sick graphically. 700 added animations with 400 more presentation screens. The HDR lighting more prominent due to the 'time of day' progression, and it is a winner in my book.

Personally you will NOT see a huge improvement until the new player models. But for the fact it didn't take 10 steps backwards graphically like 2K8 did from 2K7, but rather some nice steps forward is a HUGE plus for my baseball gaming.
I agree I think this game is going to be a marked improvement over 08 just based on the lighting and shading effects.

Just to get this straight their are going to be 700 new gameplay animations and 400 new presentation screens.....re cutscenes?

# 123 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/08/09 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone1
I agree I think this game is going to be a marked improvement over 08 just based on the lighting and shading effects.

Just to get this straight their are going to be 700 new gameplay animations and 400 new presentation screens.....re cutscenes?
That is what was released in the press-release.

# 124 OnTheEdge25 @ 01/08/09 09:30 AM
Screenshots rarely do anything for a game, normally the game winds up looking a lot better

# 125 bfindeisen @ 01/08/09 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
nobody is bashing the game, only providing their opinions on what they see.

I agree with just about all the "negative" posts in here thus far. But as I said, last year, the screenshots didn't do the game justice and I suspect that will be the same this year. I'll reserve my judgments on the game and how it looks when I either:

A) see video of it in motion from a third party(someone other than Sony)

B) when I play and see the game for myself, on my television.

I don't know why people are getting bent out of shape because someone isn't singing the praises of the graphics. And one more thing, I like the fact that people are having to be nitpicky to find fault. Shows how great the game is already.
I rarely agree with any of Countryboy's posts, but he is spot on here...all the Show Defenders are the ones who need to relax...what's wrong with discussing what we seen in the damn screenshots? It's not like we're gonna say the game sux...it is just natural to look for improvements over last year, and besides the colors and day lighting, not much looks improved in these screens even tho it is early

# 126 red98v6 @ 01/08/09 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_NYY
Wow, good job showing me a picture of an unfinished stadium.

They haven't put up the blue padding yet. Do you really think they are going to play baseball with concrete walls painted green? Come on.
sorry dude... i wish you was right but thats not paint on the wall. thats dark green padding.
you cant always go by the renders they put out. for example the mets have yellow foul poles in the renders but they are orange in real life.

http://picasaweb.google.com/zambo441...64248682900306

http://picasaweb.google.com/zambo441...ecember182008#

# 127 Tyrant8RDFL @ 01/08/09 10:21 PM
Man this game looks amazing, and will be a great baseball game

# 128 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/08/09 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by red98v6
sorry dude... i wish you was right but thats not paint on the wall. thats dark green padding.
you cant always go by the renders they put out. for example the mets have yellow foul poles in the renders but they are orange in real life.

http://picasaweb.google.com/zambo441...64248682900306

http://picasaweb.google.com/zambo441...ecember182008#
Well if the devs see this, lets hope they can make the palette swap.

# 129 The Management @ 01/08/09 10:35 PM
Quote:
The padding color is wrong at Yankee Stadium too. It's not the same color as last year. It's dark blue, as are the seats. It's dark blue in the model too so I don't know why it's light blue in the screenshots.

# 130 red98v6 @ 01/08/09 11:24 PM
Quote:
l hope so

# 131 Gagnon39 @ 01/09/09 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrigleyville33
couple of things...
the cubs logo on zambrano on the leg is way to big.

They didn't include the road helmets, there should be a red bill. The padding on citi should be green, not blue.

Ugh. They did this last year. The Cubs away helmets were incorrect. What's strange is its only the new helmets. If you have the players wear the old style, they will have a red bill on the road. I just changed all of my players to the old helmet during my dynasty. Kind of annoying.

# 132 jewelz1132 @ 01/10/09 11:31 AM
lol they look ok to me

# 133 nuraman00 @ 04/22/20 12:53 PM
I can't create a new thread, so posting in here.

I have the PS2 version of MLB 09 The Show.

I have a few questions.

1) Is it possible to create a player, then have that player available to a franchise I've already started?

2). The fans don't like my pitching coach. One of the feedback was that they don't like his mechanics. How can I change pitching coaches? It's late August 2009.

3). If I connect an ethernet cable to my router, can I get current rosters?

4). Is it possible to change advertising contracts after the season has already started? I signed a 5 year deal for the contract that requires 200 HRs a season.

I want to terminate or cancel it and change it to something else.

5). Is it possible to export the current league rosters in my franchise file, and have that available for starting a new franchise?

6). If I create a player, can I choose exactly what pitches are available to him?

7). Is there any REAL player with a forkball or screwball? All I could find were fake rookies or fake free agents.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.