Home
NHL Arcade News Post

EA just sent us the fact sheet for 3 on 3 NHL Arcade, including some exclusive screenshots, right here.

Quote:
"EA SPORTS Freestyle™ welcomes you to the fast paced world of arcade hockey. From the same team that brought you the critically acclaimed NHL 09 comes 3 on 3 NHL Arcade, an experience, that throws conventional hockey, and its rules, out the window. 3 on 3 NHL Arcade will be available by download only on Xbox Live Arcade and the Playstation Network.
Choose from 40 of the NHL’s top players and bring them into this no rules hockey extravaganza where big heads and big hits take centre stage. With a faster pace and loads of open ice, 3 on3 Arcade will allow gamers unfamiliar with hockey to have a blast learning the game without the restriction of penalties or stoppages in play. Shrink your opponent’s goalie or give yourself lightning quick shots. With game changing power-ups littering the ice, it’s easy to see why this is not your typical simulation experience.

3 on 3 NHL Arcade will feature two separate control schemes to appeal to players of all skill levels. The critically-acclaimed Skill Stick system returns to give advanced players the most realistic hockey videogame controls available, while players new to the series can jump right into the action with the new easy-to-use button controls.

Take a winning formula, throw out all the rules, add some game changing power-ups and you’re left with a hockey experience that gamers of all types will love."

3 on 3 NHL Arcade screenshot gallery - Click to view 3 on 3 NHL Arcade screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: 3 on 3 NHL ArcadeReader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 9 - View All
3 on 3 NHL Arcade Videos
Member Comments
# 1 lnin0 @ 01/16/09 06:34 PM
The lead designer who approved the realistic heads needs to be moved to another department.

Unless prevented by the licensing deal - which I cannot think the NHL would prevent anyone from taking an interest in them - there is no reason they should be using those creepy heads on cartoon bodies. Why not make the faces cartoonish to match the bodies? I am sure it would not have taken the art guys much longer and the game would have the casual appeal they are going for.

With these creep show graphics it looses any casual appeal it might have going for an easy to control, no rules 3 on 3 hockey.

I still say, let people put their own Avatars on these bodies and you will triple sales.

# 2 Jingling @ 01/17/09 03:38 AM
It just looks like NHL 2005 Free-For-All on HD. I don't think they look that bad, but a more cartoonish approach would have been better.

# 3 JR360 @ 01/17/09 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
I still say, let people put their own Avatars on these bodies and you will triple sales.
I think you are right on that, Avatars would be cool.

# 4 Splitter77 @ 01/18/09 05:04 PM
theres a couple vids at gsametrailers- looks fun

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.