Home
News Post

So today I checked out the game, played it, talked with developers etc. etc.

I won't get into all the details here, but basically I just want to keep you guys in the loop. Tomorrow there will be a preview up on the site, and I also have about 40 minutes of developer interviews that I plan on transcribing -- the voice quality is too bad to just put it up in audio form. I'll be cutting some stuff and all that, but I want to get that up maybe by Friday, but certainly by Monday.

In that interview there will be talk about a lot of stuff, the only notable exception being Franchise mode -- I didn't talk to any franchise people (sorry). But hey, the community folks are going down there next week so you should hear plenty about all that from them.

Also, I'm hesitant to do what I usually do after checking out a game, and that is open up a Q&A thread with you all. I say that because since community folks are going down there next week I don't want to steal their thunder. So what I will do is next week -- once those guys have seen the game -- I'll chime in and answer/comment on questions and so forth, which I think is a good middle ground.

Finally, there will also be a quick interview with Pedroia posted on the site. It's nothing major at all since I always assume you guys want to hear from the devs and hear about gameplay stuff rather than what the athletes have to say (sorry athletes, no offense). So I just had a little fun with him by asking him some random questions.

Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know what is up.

Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Senor_Herbatron @ 01/22/09 01:09 AM
Although you said you're not answering questions it seems as tho you're giving us some insight. So I ask you something that's very important to me,

Did you hear(or experienced) anything about the online play being fixed?

# 62 ChaseB @ 01/22/09 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by houtz
Although you said you're not answering questions it seems as tho you're giving us some insight. So I ask you something that's very important to me,

Did you hear(or experienced) anything about the online play being fixed?
Interview on that topic is incoming on Friday.

# 63 Mr M.Moss @ 01/22/09 07:18 AM
did you notice what the check swings are like....i hope there are more bloop singles, hits over the fielders heads etc

# 64 Senor_Herbatron @ 01/22/09 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Interview on that topic is incoming on Friday.
SICK!!!!

# 65 catfish9-5 @ 01/22/09 08:50 PM
will it be in 1080 or set to run at 720?

# 66 ChaseB @ 01/26/09 04:36 AM
Just a little update on this. The transcribing process is taking longer than expected, so no developer interview is going up on OS for Monday. I think with all the Show info coming from the community this week (the community event is this week, right?) I'll just keep chugging along on it, and then when it settles back down in here with all the info then I'll post the lengthy interview -- that's a way of me saying I'll keep doing a little bit of it each day and when it's done I'll post it.

# 67 NAFBUC @ 01/26/09 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Just a little update on this. The transcribing process is taking longer than expected, so no developer interview is going up on OS for Monday. I think with all the Show info coming from the community this week (the community event is this week, right?) I'll just keep chugging along on it, and then when it settles back down in here with all the info then I'll post the lengthy interview -- that's a way of me saying I'll keep doing a little bit of it each day and when it's done I'll post it.
Sounds good Chase.........

thank you

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.