Home
News Post

The official Fight Night Round 4 website has posted a Q&A session with their community.

Quote:
Community: "Is the Legacy Mode the same as career mode?
Is Legacy Mode another name for Career Mode or is it a deeper experience?
How in depth will the legacy mode be? In the past the career mode was kind of garbage."

FNR4 Team: "Yes, Legacy Mode is the name for Career Mode. Everybody on the team is aware of the shortcomings in FNR3's career mode. Mike Mahar and Raymond Lo are working hard to ensure Legacy Mode is a deeper and more authentic experience. It includes new training games, divisional rankings, multiple titles in each division and several other features that you will hear more about in the weeks and months to come."

Game: Fight Night Round 4Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Fight Night Round 4 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Money99 @ 01/23/09 04:33 PM
Quote:
Jeff: Yes, Legacy Mode is the name for Career Mode. Everybody on the team is aware of the shortcomings in FNR3's career mode. Mike Mahar and Raymond Lo are working hard to ensure Legacy Mode is a deeper and more authentic experience. It includes new training games, divisional rankings, multiple titles in each division and several other features that you will hear more about in the weeks and months to come.
That is spectacular news.

And I love how the ring entrances will be more realistic.

Now was Brian being sarcastic towards the community requests or what Kudo brought before?

# 2 Complex @ 01/23/09 05:07 PM
I hope I am not nickpicking here but 'biggest roster for any Fight Night game to date'....hmmmmmm FN never had a huge roster. I think Knock Kings has 38 at first and increased that in KK 2000.

So is this the largest roster of any EA boxing game?

# 3 edaddy @ 01/23/09 05:47 PM
Is it me or did he dance around that sim or arcade question?..I mean we have heard the "we are trying to create the most authentic experience" line for all their games...Is it Sim or Arcade?..Point blank

# 4 fistofrage @ 01/23/09 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
Is it me or did he dance around that sim or arcade question?..I mean we have heard the "we are trying to create the most authentic experience" line for all their games...Is it Sim or Arcade?..Point blank
Thats all subjective though. Pure Sim, you have to use a text based type application that is all relative to percentages and statistics. I am sure this game will be cloer to KO kings than Ready to Rumble.

To be honest, I want a game to feel as real as possible, but I also understand that its a video game. So if I get dynamic rankings, a decent amount of fights going the distance instead of everything ending by a KO, an AI that fights differently and attaxcks my weaknesses, and killer presentation and career mode, I'll be happy.

Bottom line, this game has to appeal to the masses or it won't sell, so it has to be a fun online experience. What I mean, is Sim would be John Ruiz hugging you for 45 minutes, that won't fly, see what I'm saying?

# 5 PRGUY85 @ 01/23/09 07:36 PM
I really think they are focusing on delivering a great simulation game. Most of the early info has been focused on that fact. Did any read the Game Informer preview?

# 6 Vast @ 01/23/09 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRGUY85
I really think they are focusing on delivering a great simulation game. Most of the early info has been focused on that fact. Did any read the Game Informer preview?
Yeah man that GI preview was INCREDIBLE. Some things that stood out to me: Not every punch will land, not every block will be successful.
The game is faster than any Fight Night before it. Allowing more fluid combos and faster movement.

You can finally move and duck at the same time!

They are going to give us the career mode we've been waiting for!

This game is my most anticipated game for the year without a doubt!

# 7 bucboy22 @ 01/26/09 01:06 PM
I hope they have a dynamic punch system of some sort.. Not all fight last 12 to 15 rounds and, not all of them end in the third either!!

# 8 albsur2003 @ 01/26/09 05:00 PM
Oh my god, just those simple questions being answered has exploded my anticipation for this game to a perfect 10. The fact that they've got division rankings, multiple title belts, and new training games in legacy mode along with other features that have yet to be announced has officially "done it" for me. Hearing about the belts and entourages on the entrances is icing on the cake.

# 9 Money99 @ 01/27/09 09:01 AM
I'm such a hypocrite. I hate how there's mutliple belts in real life and yet I'm so happy that EA's going to give us that in a video game.

I wonder if champions will dodge or avoid other fighters?

# 10 phillyfan23 @ 01/27/09 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
he definitely danced around that question but i don't blame him....
If he clear-cut said sim, it might be a turnoff for the casual gamers.

I hope they're going more sim-minded but you'll never totally take out the arcade elements in fight night, I just hope they limit that stuff and make it an overall sim feel.

I'd love to experience a very very defensive match when fighting winky wright, bit will the majority of gamers feel the same way? I highly doubt it. They want Tyson vs Spinks in every match....

# 11 phillyfan23 @ 01/27/09 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I'm such a hypocrite. I hate how there's mutliple belts in real life and yet I'm so happy that EA's going to give us that in a video game.

I wonder if champions will dodge or avoid other fighters?
I'm treating Fight night anticipation exactly like my wait for mlb 09 the show.

Great features on the show: progressive lighting, new difficulty level, better cpu ai,

last year's problem: too easy to hit

Great features on Fight night 4 : better career,more fighters, realistic entrances,

last year's problem: cpu was braindead....no adjustments/nothing , very static/robotic

BUT if the play on the field/in the ring doesn't match those other things will mean nothing to me.

those mentioned problems above need to be fixed first in order for me to enjoy the rerst of the features.

# 12 BezO @ 01/27/09 04:35 PM
Sounds good, but..

Quote:
Brian:Yes, there is a Referee present for the Pre-Fight Instructions and Post-Fight Results. Any time there is a Knockdown, a Point Deduction, Fight Stoppage or Disqualification he is a part of the action too. During the second-to-second flow of the fight the Referee is not visible. This is for a couple reasons: it allows us to use those resources to draw higher quality boxers and it prevents instances where the referee gets in your way.
...damn! I got excited after reading the first yes. I wonder how they're handling breaks. I wonder if they improved clinching.

# 13 Vast @ 01/27/09 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
he definitely danced around that question but i don't blame him....
If he clear-cut said sim, it might be a turnoff for the casual gamers.

I hope they're going more sim-minded but you'll never totally take out the arcade elements in fight night, I just hope they limit that stuff and make it an overall sim feel.

I'd love to experience a very very defensive match when fighting winky wright, bit will the majority of gamers feel the same way? I highly doubt it. They want Tyson vs Spinks in every match....
He said his goal was to deliver the most realistic boxing experience yet. That in my mind is Sim. I don't know about yall.

# 14 Vast @ 01/27/09 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Sounds good, but..

...damn! I got excited after reading the first yes. I wonder how they're handling breaks. I wonder if they improved clinching.
The Ref being in there is not necessary, at all. Evander Holyfield boxing had breaks without a ref and it worked fine.

So far these guys are batting 1.000 in my book. Im hoping the A.I. is top notch. If they do man i'd play this game forever!

Money how are you a hypocrite for wanting multiple belts? its never been given to us here in the U.S.

# 15 Money99 @ 01/27/09 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
The Ref being in there is not necessary, at all. Evander Holyfield boxing had breaks without a ref and it worked fine.

So far these guys are batting 1.000 in my book. Im hoping the A.I. is top notch. If they do man i'd play this game forever!

Money how are you a hypocrite for wanting multiple belts? its never been given to us here in the U.S.
LOL! I'm a hypocrite because I LOATHE multiple belts in real life. But I'm one of the first people to complain if multiple belts in boxing video games are absent.

The aspects of multiple champions in real life are so annoying to me, but I think they'd be incredibly fun/realistic in a video game. Dodging fighters, hiding behind mandatories - or the opposite; getting stripped of a belt because you want to fight another champion, having guys duck you when you're trying to unify.

What I'd really like to see is a boxing game that made you think before taking or seeking fights.
I want it so not everyone is so willing to dive into a tilt with a monster of an opponent. There should be consequences to losing on the biggest stage. Maybe you won't get another shot at the title? Maybe your promotor or manager will dump you? etc.
Or the consequences of losses should very on how you lost.
If you lose to a top 10 contender via split decision in only your 11th fight, then there should be little impact in taking an "L".
But if you are a ranked contender and you get destroyed by a no-name, then it should have the adverse affect.
Cunningham losing to Adamek was much different from Tommy Morrison losing to Michael Bentt.

# 16 allBthere @ 01/28/09 12:06 AM
don't get ahead of yourselves guys. fight night has had 'multiple belts' before. Amature, Intercontinental, and world - so before it's confirmed that there are diff. organizations...

just saying.

# 17 oldskoolmaddenfanz27 @ 01/28/09 01:18 AM
Again boxing remains ages behind other games. Not having a referee in the ring is as glaring if not more so then a baseball game not having a home plate umpire. what is this sega genesis?

# 18 fistofrage @ 01/28/09 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskoolmaddenfanz27
Again boxing remains ages behind other games. Not having a referee in the ring is as glaring if not more so then a baseball game not having a home plate umpire. what is this sega genesis?
A homeplate umpire stands behind the catcher and doesn't get in anyone's way. A boxing ref has to have his own AI and move based on the movements of the boxers. I'd rather not have a ref in the ring than have one get in my way when I've got my opponent on the rope or trying to escape. As long as the ref is shown during breaks, counts, etc, I'm fine with that. Concentrate on the boxing sim first.

# 19 Money99 @ 01/28/09 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
A homeplate umpire stands behind the catcher and doesn't get in anyone's way. A boxing ref has to have his own AI and move based on the movements of the boxers. I'd rather not have a ref in the ring than have one get in my way when I've got my opponent on the rope or trying to escape. As long as the ref is shown during breaks, counts, etc, I'm fine with that. Concentrate on the boxing sim first.
I agree.
I understand why people want a ref in the game - to add to the realism. And I'm sure EA has probably looked at this.

But if it means less time concentrating on the gameplay or other important features I can live with the limited role the developers have given the ref for Round 4.

# 20 aholbert32 @ 01/28/09 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskoolmaddenfanz27
Who ****ing cares? I would rather have high detailed fighters and a good framerate than a ref who adds nothing to the action and lowers the visual quality of the game.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.