Home
MLB 2K9 News Post

Check out the new Major League Baskeball 2K9 screenshots.

Major League Baseball 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view Major League Baseball 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Major League Baseball 2K9Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 drterb @ 01/27/09 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gro23
Yea I know, but like EA if its in the game, its in the game
That irritates me too, this new scoreboard was implemneted in what August or so I have no clue but sometime before the MLB Playoffs race
I have to be honest, I didn't know Kauffman stadium had a new scoreboard until I googled "Kauffman stadium scoreboard" in an attempt to reply to SoxFan's question about the bat like object in the bottom left corner. When pictures of the new scoreboard popped up I did some research and found that it was installed and ready for Opening Day last year.

I guess I need to start watching more Royals games on MLB Extra Innings.

On second thought, maybe not....

# 22 NumberOneRB @ 01/27/09 11:20 PM
I would also assume that the scoreboard isn't going to be updated for this year's version considering that it would have probably been done during the early development cycle of the game. Its kind of unfortunate that the real-life upgrade has been in since opening day of last season and yet it still hasn't been implimented into the game. I'm going to need to see the game in motion soon because at this point its starting to sound like the game hasn't improved much from last year's version (especially framerate) besides some graphical upgrades.

# 23 CMH @ 01/27/09 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drterb
I have to be honest, I didn't know Kauffman stadium had a new scoreboard until I googled "Kauffman stadium scoreboard" in an attempt to reply to SoxFan's question about the bat like object in the bottom left corner. When pictures of the new scoreboard popped up I did some research and found that it was installed and ready for Opening Day last year.

I guess I need to start watching more Royals games on MLB Extra Innings.

On second thought, maybe not....
Ha, unfortunately for the Royals, they don't get much press. But, the scoreboard was a pretty big deal because at the time of it's construction it was the biggest scoreboard in sports. Not sure if that's changed since last season.

# 24 jerm21 @ 01/27/09 11:32 PM
I would have to agree. I think those screenshots look way better than the ones that were put up yesterday. Reyes' picture looks a little better than the one up yesterday. But I just hope they keep coming out with little pieces of information. I would love to see some sort of trailer come out soon. That would really determine if this game will be a hit or not. The sky looks excellent in the royals one. and Lincecum's picture looks so realistic

all of you guys who have xbox 360 and are stuck mlb 2k9 have GOT to be PUMPED!!

# 25 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/27/09 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePride
Ha, unfortunately for the Royals, they don't get much press. But, the scoreboard was a pretty big deal because at the time of it's construction it was the biggest scoreboard in sports. Not sure if that's changed since last season.

Really?

I know Dolphin Stadium has the worlds largest 720p display.

137 Feet Wide x 50 Feet High

http://www.engadget.com/2006/04/10/d...-720p-display/

# 26 Blzer @ 01/28/09 12:04 AM
Why are Gordon and Reyes wearing their road jerseys at their home ballparks?

# 27 King Gro23 @ 01/28/09 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Why are Gordon and Reyes wearing their road jerseys at their home ballparks?
maybe the user wanted to showcase them. Is it a big deal you can choose uni's? j.k thats the harsh response
But I assume the user just chose it that way

# 28 Blzer @ 01/28/09 12:09 AM
Yeah, just lost me there for a second.

Screens look very nice! Can't wait for some real gameplay videos.

# 29 Artman22 @ 01/28/09 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Really?

I know Dolphin Stadium has the worlds largest 720p display.

137 Feet Wide x 50 Feet High

http://www.engadget.com/2006/04/10/d...-720p-display/
That's until Yankee stadium opens

# 30 duke776 @ 01/28/09 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Yeah, just lost me there for a second.

Screens look very nice! Can't wait for some real gameplay videos.
I'm guessing they're playing KC vs. KC and NYM vs. NYM, as someone mentioned the blue mask in the mets picture, which would make sense.

Or, they've decided to include a killer bug which makes you wear your away uniform every game

# 31 brendanrfoley @ 01/28/09 01:54 AM
The screens look good. The mention of framerate problems in several, hands-on previews worries me.

# 32 Blzer @ 01/28/09 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorismary
Does anyone remember how last years screens looked nothing like the final product mlb2k8
I beg to differ. You can still see striking similarities between the two. In this one, the color palette is much different, the grass texture and crowd spacing is much improved, and while the player models look great, the uniform cloth physics seem like they'll be nothing to write home about... exactly like we expect.

The questions remain in the framerate, progressive lighting, self-shadowing, etc. I have faith in their framerate department, however.

# 33 SoxFan01605 @ 01/28/09 08:11 AM
Completely pointless comment coming in 3..2..1..

why did I just now notice the thread title says "Baskeball" instead of "baseball" ?

The End

# 34 SimBaller @ 01/28/09 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drterb
The unfortunate part is Kauffman stadium doesn't have that scoreboard anymore

Actually Kauffman has been slowly undergoing a remodel. According to what we were told, the crown should return very soon.

There is a scale model of the final product available at:
http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/kc/...model_info.jsp

# 35 brendanrfoley @ 01/28/09 10:58 AM
SimBaller, can we expect you to post here about 2K9 from time to time?

You're two for two this morning!

# 36 duke776 @ 01/28/09 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
Actually Kauffman has been slowly undergoing a remodel. According to what we were told, the crown should return very soon.

There is a scale model of the final product available at:
http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/kc/...model_info.jsp
I hope it does, it sort of looks ugly without the crown IMO.

# 37 JBH3 @ 01/28/09 11:23 AM
I don't want to pile on, but I could honestly careless about a screenshot if the actual gameplay/framerate issues are still plaquing this game.

For 2K recieve these crappy previews, and not address the issues that have been highlighted and THEN give us screenshots is almost like a slap in the face.

Besides...What can you trust anymore anyways?

Screenshots get the "airbrush treatment" anyways right?

What we need in this day and age of skeptics and cynicism is upfront dialouge between a developer, a blog w/ honest details, something other than screenshots that won't even look like the game I may or may not be playing.

# 38 brendanrfoley @ 01/28/09 12:32 PM
JBH3, I think you need to calm down a bit, bud.

SimBaller (who works for VC) already mentioned in another thread framerate optimization is one of the last things developers do. The reviews previews weren't crappy.

I, for one, also enjoy seeing new screens.

# 39 bodhiball @ 01/28/09 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanrfoley
JBH3, I think you need to calm down a bit, bud.

SimBaller (who works for VC) already mentioned in another thread framerate optimization is one of the last things developers do. The reviews previews weren't crappy.
We will see.

Brinkman promised the same thing last year. Only way we will know is to see videos and hopefully get a demo before the game is released.

# 40 ckarlic @ 01/28/09 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerm21
all of you guys who have xbox 360 and are stuck mlb 2k9 have GOT to be PUMPED!!

I own a PS3 and even im psyched for this game. The screens look awesome. Can't wait to see this game in motion.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.