Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Everything you see on Sunday, see it in Madden NFL

Wow. Just 3 more days until the NFL season officially ends. To all of us that typically triggers a long lasting bout of sports-related depression that doesn’t subside until a few weeks before the NFL draft, we here on the Madden team are trying to make the best of this opportunity by starting to release information about next year’s game, officially titled Madden NFL 10.

We have a big team full of incredibly smart and talented people working on Madden NFL 10, but I wanted to take the time out to introduce a few more people that everyone will get to know over the coming year. We will primarily be the members of the team communicating outwards with the community. There are a lot of new faces on the team for this year’s game, but luckily I think many of you may know these folks already:

Phil Frazier (http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/profile/8207621)
Phil “Fillycheze” Frazier is the Senior Producer of the team – “The Don” if you will. Phil has worked on countless versions of Madden in a production capacity, including pretty much every single one on PS2/Xbox/NGC consoles. Phil took over Madden 09 last year very late in the cycle, so (like me) he is quite stoked to have a full product year take place under his direction.

Josh Looman (http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/profile/10842560)
I’m extremely happy to present the news that Josh Looman has also just recently joined the team. Josh was the lead designer for NFL Head Coach 09, a game that will go down in history as one of the deepest and most realistic football games ever. Josh is helping out all across the game, but will primarily focus on Franchise mode. You won’t find many more people with the attention to detail that this guy has.

Donny Moore (http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/profile/10843815):
“Commish Don” was Josh’s partner in crime on NFL Head Coach, and along with Josh, Donny is going to work on Franchise mode. Donny worked on the rosters for NCAA & Madden for quite a long time until Head Coach started up. He’s also the resident EA Sports fantasy guru, so look around for “commishdon” on the EA fantasy site for his expert advice during the 2008 season (feel free to call him out on his predictions that went wrong).

At the start of the year when we all joined the team, we all got in a room and immediately came to a unanimous decision on what Madden NFL 10 was going to be all about. You saw it in the title of the post, but I’ll say it again: “Everything you see on Sunday, see it in Madden NFL”. “What does that mean?” you may ask…well it means that we have one goal, and that is to make an NFL football game that is as true to life as possible.

We aren’t about gimmicks; we aren’t about fluff; we aren’t about catering to glitchers or cheaters. We’re focused on emulating what you as an NFL fan are used to seeing on TV, and what many of you players and coaches have seen on the field. For every single update we provide you with throughout this year, feel free to call us out if anything doesn’t stand up to our new mantra.

Since we are mostly new to the team, a big goal of ours was to shake things up and we’re hoping to create a lot of “firsts” for Madden’s history this year:
1. We will be talking directly about features in the game about 4 months earlier than normal.
2. We will be releasing information on a very regular basis this year (looking at once a week as soon as we get things rolling).
3. We will talk about brand new tech that has been implemented before features have even been built around it, and take community feedback to choose what features we actually build.
4. We will be directly communicating on the forums throughout the development cycle, and also making changes in the game based directly on feedback gathered from the posts.

So the big question…”When does the real info start dropping?”

Check back here at Halftime of the Super Bowl for the first real bit of news regarding what is going into Madden NFL 10.

Your pals,
- Ian Cummings & the rest of the Madden team

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 RaychelSnr @ 01/29/09 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowdown2shadi
I think they should have different cut scenes each time, you know keep stuff fresh.
No doubt they should...if I were in charge I'd figure out a way to have 5-6 different types of gatorade baths with cameras at 3-4 different angles so you never see the same one twice. If you win THAT many Championships you are doing something right

# 102 Jistic @ 01/29/09 11:00 PM
I love the bravado. I wish you guys luck. You're coming strong here, if you don't deliver these guys will eat you alive. If you do, you'll be gods on here. I look forward to the next 6 months. If you just deliver a great game, we'll all be happy. I'm pulling for you. At the end of the day it's what we all want. Great to see Josh on board too. Off to a great start.

# 103 eamonn16 @ 01/29/09 11:27 PM
i actually have hope keep up the good work ian

# 104 DTown @ 01/29/09 11:31 PM
why don't we start a list for them... Better yet multiple lists.
1. Gameplay
a. More HB moves
b.
2. Presentation
a.1080P for PS3
B.
3. Franchise
4. Online

# 105 kehlis @ 01/29/09 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTown
why don't we start a list for them... Better yet multiple lists.
1. Gameplay
a. More HB moves
b.
2. Presentation
a.1080P for PS3
B.
3. Franchise
4. Online
they have enough lists...hence the entire wishlist sub-forum

# 106 SkinsBoYee @ 01/29/09 11:36 PM
Oh Geez...the hyping is beginning from now. If you can't even acknowledge that a playable TV style camera or demo view or custom camera angles are the in the game...I don't even want to hear anymore!

# 107 kmart2180 @ 01/29/09 11:41 PM
All I can say is WOW!!! This is a great team truely. I'd be really suprised if Madden 10 didnt blow the snot out of people. My buddies always tell me that I always say that this is gonna be the year. Well Im finally willing to bet the house on it this time.

I wish them all great luck and hope they blow our minds with this years Madden. To the tough task's that lie ahead.

Honestly im not all that thrilled with this years SuperBowl, so atleast now I really have something to look foward to at Halftime.

# 108 kmart2180 @ 01/29/09 11:47 PM
Ian can you say who's working on playbooks this year? Is that Anthony guy still doing it? Cause it was said that he was going to blow out the playbooks last year by a community menber who visited Ea last year, but the playbooks really felt the same IMO.

Im hoping it really gets done this year if possible.

# 109 Behindshadows @ 01/30/09 12:18 AM
Nice post Ian, I loved the way you guys are stepping up and bringing this franchise up.

And the best way, is taking it too the fans for feedback and releasing info in the early stages. This is a must appreciated thing from your team.

Can't wait for more info.

And those photos linked with it, are those Madden NFL 10 photos?

If so, why are they linked with Madden NFL 09

# 110 Step2001 @ 01/30/09 01:34 AM
With Looman and Moore onboard this game has some credit now as to what's being done to Franchise mode.

Practice Squads

Being able to dress out your 3rd QB on game day.

Being able to set sub packages for offense and defense. AND not having to set those pkgs. for every game.

Player Agents!

Too many teams are carrying 4-5 QB's! Maybe having the Practice Squad would limit that?

I'll have more later...........

Hanging my "to buy" with Looman and Moore. Will be keeping an eye on the progress.

# 111 cowboy_kmoney @ 01/30/09 01:44 AM
I knew you would out shine the sun Ian,So stay doing it man...

# 112 DTown @ 01/30/09 01:50 AM
Dude that sounded kinda... I dunno if I am allowed to say it... Do you get my point?

# 113 ProdigalSon @ 01/30/09 04:17 AM
Biggest mistake that your predecessors made was to hype promises they couldn't keep. You might want to hold back on making statements that bold until you know they can be done.

I'm sure many people are still waiting on that Madden that looked like the initial commercial we got about Madden Next-Gen which still has yet to come to fruition.

# 114 Bodizzy @ 01/30/09 05:39 AM
I get psyched for Madden every year, but the mere possibility that the franchise mode will offer a feature set akin to Head Coach has me outright salivating. I hope you guys nail it.

# 115 kcq71 @ 01/30/09 06:46 AM
Talk is cheap.

# 116 Exonerated @ 01/30/09 06:50 AM
Madden is coming out during my final high school exams!!

Woe is me!

I quite liked 09.

ANd i'm gonna love 10!!

# 117 johnprestonevans @ 01/30/09 07:26 AM
I was right in my guess! Do I win the prize? ; )

God bless you and your team Ian. I am SO excited for Madden 10. "Everything you see on Sunday, see it in Madden NFL"...words that will live in infamy.

# 118 callmetaternuts @ 01/30/09 08:26 AM
Im a little late to the game here, but Congrats and Good luck to all you guys (Donny, Josh, Phil and Ian). It looks to be a bold announcement and am looking forward to what you guys can do with this years version of Madden. Cant wait to read the info as it comes out and provide the feedback.

Good luck guys, as always, you're under the Madden community microscope!!

# 119 The Bringer @ 01/30/09 08:44 AM

HIGH FIVE

# 120 texbuk84 @ 01/30/09 09:12 AM
great job ian. love the communication with the people on the boards here. and since i wont be watching the super bowl( because my eagles lost to the cardinals. THE ARIZONA CARDINALS). i will be able to give you all the realizm you need. lol

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.