Home
News Post

IGN has posted some MLB '09: The Show videos.

MLB '09: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Knight165 @ 02/05/09 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_SCEA_Sports
I think this has already been answered....Magic!

Chris

Hey Mr. Magic.....you guys done yet?

M.K.
Knight165

# 62 JermaineDye05 @ 02/05/09 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeixeiraFanatic
One thing that has always bugged me is the batter's steps. I love how SCEA brought in the batting stance guy to fix their stances but i'd like to see correct steps like the load n unload( Prince Fielder ) , the normal step( Albert Pujols ) , and the lift of the toe ( Jim Edmonds ). If anyone knows what i'm talking about explain it to the others please. One thing that's bothered me is that a lot of players have the same step, but i do love the high leg kick by Holliday in the first video.
I know what you're talking about. That always irritated me to, but I noticed in 08 they fixed that a bit especially with lefties. I assume you're talking about the steps out of the box right after they hit the ball. I remember in the first Show, they all looked the same and it bugged the crap out of me. I wouldn't be surprised if we see some more progress on that in 09 like we did in 08.

# 63 jaiman @ 02/05/09 12:21 AM
In the first video (Gameplay trailer) starting at the 1:07 mark when the ball is hit down the left field line. That view is SO REALISTIC. Please tell me this is an actual in-game view and not just something put together in replay mode.

Everything from the camera angle, to the crowd standing, to the left fielder setting up behind the ball was simply amazing. Like High Definition Sunday Afternoon Baseball when hungover.

# 64 Chris_SCEA_Sports @ 02/05/09 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Any thing can happen in the world of magic!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YBHJCT2UyAU
Haha! I guess it is time for my Doug Henning story!!

I have only been to New York one time in my life. Early 1980s. My mom took my sister and I....and who did we go see on Broadway?? None other than Doug Henning in the hit(?) Broadway musical(?) Merlin!!! I recall enjoying the show, but kept complaining to my mom that something was off about the color of Merlins' Hat...and that his arms seemed too short, and that there should have been a rosen bag on the stage..oh wait...what? Damn, you guys have ruined even my fondest memories!!!

I still have the program from that show and looking at it a few years ago, I discovered that Young Merlin was played by Christian Slater. Good times!!

Story time over....back to work....

Chris

# 65 Knight165 @ 02/05/09 12:54 AM

Nicely played....very nice...

M.K.
Knight165

# 66 thaSLAB @ 02/05/09 12:58 AM
Quote:

I have only been to New York one time in my life. Early 1980s. My mom took my sister and I....and who did we go see on Broadway?? None other than Doug Henning in the hit(?) Broadway musical(?) Merlin!!! I recall enjoying the show, but kept complaining to my mom that something was off about the color of Merlins' Hat...and that his arms seemed too short, and that there should have been a rosen bag on the stage..oh wait...what? Damn, you guys have ruined even my fondest memories!!!

I still have the program from that show and looking at it a few years ago, I discovered that Young Merlin was played by Christian Slater. Good times!!

Chris

LMAO!!! Classic!

# 67 mfbball04 @ 02/05/09 01:00 AM
If this game doesnt get Game of the Year, or even Sports Game of the Year, im going on a rampage...wow... who's comin' with me?

# 68 Knight165 @ 02/05/09 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfbball04
If this game doesnt get Game of the Year, or even Sports Game of the Year, im going on a rampage...wow... who's comin' with me?
Shoulda got it last year.
Travesty.

M.K.
Knight165

# 69 Knight165 @ 02/05/09 01:17 AM
Quote:
I will take that bet. I think this is the year. I mean IGN has a story about the demo. The demo? And have it up this fast. Do they do that with every demo?
Be careful...he's saying GOTY..

YOU probably mean SPORTS GOTY.

M.K.

# 70 DubTrey1 @ 02/05/09 01:26 AM
Simply tremendous work by the Show team. The game looks awesome and I loved the leg kicks for the batters this year. All of the one's seen in the vids look awesome. No comparison to what we had with 08. 09 will be legendary.

# 71 knich @ 02/05/09 01:27 AM
Love the HR cam for the Ryan homerun. Broadcast cam in the Yanks vid was pretty cool too. Be nice if you could choose the HR cam view in options

# 72 Knight165 @ 02/05/09 01:30 AM
Quote:
Oh yeah I mean SGame of the year. **** it no I am staying with GOTY!
I'm with ya!
We'll start a campaign(before we even have the game! )

M.K.
Knight165

# 73 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/05/09 02:02 AM
Quote:
If people can't see the beauty of this game and how it plays. I don't know what is wrong with people. I mean this game is AMAZING! Maybe I love it so much, because it reminds me of Allstar baseball. I loved that game. And this game has all that and more. Great job SCEA
Just watch those vids again. WOW!
I could not agree more.

People need to get off the kool-aid and stop lying to themselves.

# 74 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/05/09 02:11 AM
Wow, the presentation is fantastic. The crowd is AMAZING! It seems so much more alive, seeing people in the crowd walking around. And the intro is definitely more like a TV broadcast. Awesome work!

Sick slide into home by Ellsbury!

# 75 PsychoBulk @ 02/05/09 07:49 AM
Simply....ridiculous.

Sometimes in life perfection is hard to achieve, but from what i can see Chris/Kolbe and the lads arent far away here.

Roll on March.

# 76 green94 @ 02/05/09 09:37 AM
Did anyone notice at the end of the trailer video, after Pedroia hit that rope down the LF line, the camera angle look changed/different?

# 77 roolz @ 02/05/09 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Simply....ridiculous.

Sometimes in life perfection is hard to achieve, but from what i can see Chris/Kolbe and the lads arent far away here.

Roll on March.
Couldn't agree more, setting new standards by which I judge other sports games.

# 78 Pared @ 02/05/09 09:55 AM
Quote:

Chris
That's gold.

# 79 HustlinOwl @ 02/05/09 10:04 AM
Who is the 6'9 First base coach for the Rays, the stadium life video?

# 80 Speedy @ 02/05/09 12:54 PM
Sweet stuff; I love the detail shown on Howard's homer

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.