Home
MLB 2K9 News Post

Check out Major League Baseball 2K9 teaser trailer #2.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K9Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 SoxFan01605 @ 02/05/09 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
That looks pretty good.lol
Yeah, they do look "pretty good" but that's the issue...the don't look very good

They don't look bad by any means, but the catcher image is a good example of the plastic look they have this year. Nothing to make or break the game, mind you. Just pointing out the difference.

2K7 was (is) the pinnacle of player models (minus face scans) in sports gaming IMO. You take The Show's faces with 2K7's bodies and you wouldn't have to upgrade players for a LONG time...lol.

That's kind of a "shallow hal" approach to it though...lol, and the models aren't going to turn anyone away fom the game I don't think.

# 22 SoxFan01605 @ 02/05/09 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
I think the graphics will definetly look better when the game is outdoors. I notice this with games like the show as well. The daytime games look way better then the night games. I want to see in game gameplay.
Yeah, I pretty much agree. That's exactly what I meant when I referenced The Show having the same issue and said hopefully lighting will help mask it.

# 23 bcruise @ 02/05/09 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate
He say's straight-away left field. How do you hit the ball straight-away to left? There is one straight away in baseball and it is in center.
That's just Gary Thorne for you, like him or hate him. I like that he still has his personality and isn't just saying canned lines.

Really liked the teaser. Not true gameplay, but still gave a sense of what it's going to look like.

# 24 myghty @ 02/05/09 06:42 PM
I agree with everyone, the graphics on the players have been toned down some. Probably to get it running at 60 FPS as the producer guarantees it will. Its a shame though but not a deal breaker for me. Fun is priority.

# 25 StatMan79 @ 02/05/09 06:44 PM
I certainly hope that's just preliminary build lettering on the back of the uniforms.

Other than that though, I'm cautiously optimistic. Just make it fun to play and I'm in.

# 26 raptor25 @ 02/05/09 06:46 PM
I like a lot of it, but Ive got to be honest... we've seen 4 player likenesses in these vids and 3 of them have been awful.

# 27 SoxFan01605 @ 02/05/09 06:47 PM
Quote:
almost ever single video game i have played PC or Console players look like plastic. I even think they did in 2K7. I guess people will always find somethign to complain about no matter what, but i think it looks pretty damned good. Could it be better? it can always get better.
Oh lord

Calm down...lol. I wasn't complaining. I was saying by comparison to what's out there and been out there, they're a bit off. That's all. You act as though every comment made about the game is a personal slight. I assure you, it's not.

I even said it could be the video capture or something else and that it could likely be better in the final version. I know you're a fan and that's great. Why does every contrasting viewpoint need your rationalization though?

I'm not trying to be rude, but the "no game is perfect" thing is silly. We all know that. I'm not looking for that. I was just making an observation.

OVERALL...lol, the game looks good. The difference in the models is just something I noticed...nothing more

# 28 elTodd @ 02/05/09 06:48 PM
Absolutely loved the commentary. Never thought I'd say this, but Phillips doesn't sound too bad. I thinks its just that I've heard his voice so much on ESPN that it doesn't bother me that much.

# 29 JT30 @ 02/05/09 06:48 PM
Wow that video looked pretty damn good. I'm very curious how this years version pans out. Interesting stuff

# 30 lived @ 02/05/09 06:50 PM
What's with all the pepsi banners. Too many sponsor ads make it look unreal

# 31 SoxFan01605 @ 02/05/09 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
No kidding. People like to jump to conclusions. Thorne could have meant the ball went straight, and way into left field. Or it went straight away as in didn't lallygag or take its time. Whatever the heck he said, it was better than listening to Joe Morgan talk about why baseball was so much better in his day.
Yeah, that's also just like he calls it in real life. I've heard the "straight away to left" call by a bunch of announcers. I don't think it's a game error, just wording by a guy trying to exude excitement into a moment.

# 32 duke776 @ 02/05/09 06:55 PM
Quote:
click on the watch in higher resolution. It looks alot alot better.
Tried to, but with my horrible connection the video chugs along(even after the video loading all the way). I always have to watch the regualar quality videos because of this. But, I'll eventually get a look at the game first hand when I rent it...

# 33 texbuk84 @ 02/05/09 06:57 PM
OH MY GOD DID YOU SEE THE ANIMATIONS ON THAT. I'M DEFINITELY GETTING THIS.

# 34 StatMan79 @ 02/05/09 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
LOL, I didn't notice that the first time. Yup, definitely very weird. They can't be bothered to market their product, but they go ape-**** with the Pepsi ads in-game.
Somebody has to help pay the bills.

# 35 bigfnjoe96 @ 02/05/09 07:24 PM

Not bad..

# 36 CarryTheWeight @ 02/05/09 07:28 PM
Is this the first time a LOVERBOY song has been licensed in a videogame?

...other than that, good stuff all around. IMO, the graphics seem like they're somewhere in between 2K7 and 2K8. Additionally, I'll go out on a limb and say that the commentary in this trailer rivals The Show...but how will it sound in-game?

Well, it sure seems improved. Gameplay videos and a demo should either verify or nullify that thought down the road.

# 37 SuperKyle @ 02/05/09 08:00 PM
As a Tampa resident and Rays fan, I'm glad they finally updated the Trop! We changed video-boards 3 years ago, and that's just now in. Same for the LED lights on the 2nd deck in left. Retired numbers = check. Giant Upton jersey above left center = check. City of St. Petersburg welcomes you = check. I gotta tell you, every time I played a Rays home game on 2k8, I was bummed by the old Trop. Just think: If they've finally nailed my stadium, do you think they've fixed the rest, too?

And one more thing: LET'S GO RAYS!
Can't wait for the digital and real seasons to begin.

# 38 SFGiantsPBA @ 02/05/09 08:02 PM
I'm loving it it but after one review of how hitting is much easier and homers are allot then a trail come out of load and behold a homer it looks like SFGiantsPBA will be busy working on sliders soon but even last year it was hard to tune down homers so all I'm saying is they better tighten up hitting or this game will be to arcade.

# 39 DaveDQ @ 02/05/09 08:04 PM
Thorne has a way of treating his videogame commentary as if it were the actual thing. He just gets it. Collinsworth in Madden does the same thing. I thought Miller and Morgan did this too, making it very "lifelike."

To me, this is 2K Sports/Visual Concepts. Maybe I'm just too giddy about them giving it back to Visual Concepts but the atmosphere is there, and that's a big part of making a sports game deep and enjoyable.

# 40 Scooter3 @ 02/05/09 08:07 PM
My uncle was a genius and a great body & fender man.
His favorite quote was " Making honey out of Dog $**t"

He could take any car no matter how mangled it was and transform it into a new car...

I remember the disaster the 2K Baseball series has been over the last several years but that's all over now!
VC has taken over and transformed this game!

I will have two games this year!
Scooter....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.