Home
News Post

The MLB 09 The Show demo is up on the Playstation Network Store. Please post your impressions once you download and play the game.

Please don't post anything until you have played the game.

MLB '09: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 161 videobastard @ 02/05/09 11:16 PM
I lost my first game 2 -1. I hit a homer in the 4th but could not tie the game. I like how the game progressed to night time. This demo will keep me busy untill the retail hits.

# 162 UGA14 @ 02/05/09 11:16 PM
The game looks and plays great!

I had a hit and run attempted by the computer, and it failed... as I was able to get a double play line drive. I did not notice the framerate issue, I'll have to play some more. Playing SOCOM right now... but anyways, game looks good.

# 163 brunnoce @ 02/05/09 11:17 PM
All im saying is this, guys that know me, will know how happy iam at the moment:

I just finnished a game batting for both teams with contact, timing and solid hits sliders at 0(all the way to the left) on legend
I only got one 1hit and only strike out 1 time!!!!!

BEASEBALL HEAVEN IS AHEAD OF US, THATS IT!

CANT THANK SCEA ENOUGH

this is special for phillyfan(riz),jim, dave(my USA brother lol), alonzo and all the other guys that shared the pain in the past years cause of the "too many hits" issue, and kept loving this game evan with a possible game breaker like that!!!
seems , from the 2 hours ive been playing the demo , this is gone!

Brian_SCEA, did i tell u i love u already?

# 164 Artman22 @ 02/05/09 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
According to "us".
No no i'm holding you and Knight accountable

# 165 jaguar8311 @ 02/05/09 11:21 PM
I can't stand this framerate, every D**N time the ball is pitched and its in the air it lags, my TV is 720P, I consider myself "tech-savvy". Baseball is a game of timing and I find it very fustrating, I could not even get past 1/2 half inning because it was so bad.

# 166 clevelandsfinest @ 02/05/09 11:26 PM
does the big scoreboard have any team specific animations on it after a homerun. etc?

# 167 Artman22 @ 02/05/09 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Guru~
they are not seeing a frame rate issue like you....chances are this is what it is...i dont see any frame rate issue but some people have more sensative eyes then others

i am even able to play it at 1080p with no issues that would make me not play it...last year 1080p had horrible framerate issues

this year 720p is perfect and 1080p has some but not as bad as last year...

also there is input lag on samsng lcd tvs

go to avs forums and see their findings...that is why i have to play my game on game mode or on 1080p using hdmi 2 and rename it to pc
You probably didnt read through most of the pages but i've seen about 5-6 people say the same thing i said. Like i said before also. I have 08 and i never saw this studder, framerate problem before. A few guys have reported the problem. With that said i'm sure it's a demo thing.

# 168 x1Blumpkin1x @ 02/05/09 11:26 PM
The game looks gorgeous, the lighting makes a huge difference.

The breaks on the ball are much better this year, that is a nice enhancement.

I have only been playing 08 for less than 2 months, so maybe this was there, but I saw a replay from the CF camera of a base hit that got past the 2nd baseman. Looked just like a TV broadcast.

Kazmir in a cut scene walked off the mound and spit, I think I actually saw the spit on the ground.

People who see a framerate issue are not crazy. I notice it too on the pitchers and batters. The ball indicator on the strike zone was also choppy. No big, we know it is a non-issue in the final release.

One question, I play with the catching regions off and in the 3rd inning I think a fly ball was hit to RF and there was no ball shadow. Sort of made it tough to track. Is this something in the demo or will this happen as a result of shadows and lighting transitions?

# 169 J-Unit40 @ 02/05/09 11:28 PM
Art1bk and jaguar, what make of TV do each of you have? I'm just curious. Thanks.

4,000 posts!!

# 170 Rob_NYY @ 02/05/09 11:28 PM
This demo being released just made the wait for the full game IMMENSELY harder.

My first impression is: WOW!!

First off, props to Chris, Batting Stance Guy, and everyone else that worked on the batting stances, they look great. It's hard to explain, but they don't have that crappy generic feel to them that they did last year and years prior. They just look so much more "alive." And they are much more accurate. I love the movement, the leg kicks, everything!!

Now I just need to get a look at my Yankees and see if they are up to par with the Phillies and Rays.

Secondly, I'm playing on an SDTV. Which will change, and very soon. There is no way I can waste away the beauty of this game playing on a crappy 1997 SDTV. Even with an SDTV with somewhat blurry visuals, the game looks great. The OSCL's that went to San Diego weren't lying when they said the lighting adds a new level of awesomeness. Wow.

I have gameplay impressions, but I'm not in the business of making super long Blzer-like posts. So I'll read some more impressions then make another post.

# 171 Artman22 @ 02/05/09 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar8311
I can't stand this framerate, every D**N time the ball is pitched and its in the air it lags, my TV is 720P, I consider myself "tech-savvy". Baseball is a game of timing and I find it very fustrating, I could not even get past 1/2 half inning because it was so bad.
I hope GURU is seeing this. I only saw framerate while pitching and batting. Fielding was very smooth.

# 172 Artman22 @ 02/05/09 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Art1bk and jaguar, what make of TV do each of you have? I'm just curious. Thanks.

4,000 posts!!
I have 2 HDTVs. One a Samsung(living room) the other a Sony Bravia(Bed room).

# 173 godylla @ 02/05/09 11:32 PM
Just won a game on a walk-off homerun in the bottom of the 8th on Legend mode. Intense, beautiful, magical, and glorious. I love this game.

# 174 J-Unit40 @ 02/05/09 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
I have 2 HDTVs. One a Samsung(living room) the other a Sony Bravia(Bed room).
Are your issues on the Samsung? Is it LCD or plasma? Sorry for all of the questions, but I am asking because I am going to get some Samsung LCDs (40") and a Sharp Aquos LCD pretty soon, but wanted to find out if there were any issues with these with gaming. I currently have a 52" Toshiba DLP and never have any framerate issues (except for CH2K8 on several courts).

Thanks a lot.

# 175 nathan118 @ 02/05/09 11:36 PM
Just finished my first game...and I noticed the slight lag during the pitches. It's there, and I saw it before I read a single comment in here. I'm running 720p to a CRT HDTV...so don't blame it on LCD lag issues. Some people are certainly more sensitive to frame rate issues than others though, so just because someone doesn't see it doesn't mean the others are making it up. That being said, as long as it's fixed in the final I'm all good!

Lighting was awesome. Beginning of the game the sun was in Hamel's face, and an inning or two later it was gone.

Pulled a ball up and in for a homer with Rollins. That felt GOOD.

The screenshot feature is going to be awesome with leagues. No more having to type up a box score....just post the screenshot!

I'm a classic pitch guy, but I tried the new pitch meter for an inning. It's harder than last year...which is good. I just hope online random games don't HAVE to be played with guess pitch/meter. The scout feature was neat...but I was never able to make a match that way. I'm hoping I can set no guess pitch/classic and it will find me random people that want the same thing.

Looking forward to playing some more!

# 176 Artman22 @ 02/05/09 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Guru~
is more like 3 people and hundreds who say they dont see any framerate issue...

so the issue cant be there if most of the members dont see it but a couple do...

but to each his own... like i said... 720p in game mode on the samsung is the only way to play this game lag free and input lag free...
You know what i'm not going to continue with this. Like i said it's a problem that some guys have reported and it's not only 3. I'll wait for the final retail version.

# 177 sacklunch @ 02/05/09 11:38 PM
Just lost a game in the 7th inning 2-0. Kazmir dominated me to the tune of 9 strikeouts and just 2 hits. My only consolation was that Rollins got me 3 stolen bases. All in all, pretty impressive. Lighting is awesome. I loved the new stat overlays - at least I don't remember them in last years game. Like when you steal a base, it shows league leaders. Howard came up and it showed the league leaders for RBI's. Pretty sweet. I also love that it shows the pitchers MPH for each pitch. Had a little lag when pitching but I'm sure it'll be gone in the final game. Can't wait til next month!

# 178 nemesis04 @ 02/05/09 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan118
Just finished my first game...and I noticed the slight lag during the pitches. It's there, and I saw it before I read a single comment in here. I'm running 720p to a CRT HDTV...so don't blame it on LCD lag issues. Some people are certainly more sensitive to frame rate issues than others though, so just because someone doesn't see it doesn't mean the others are making it up. That being said, as long as it's fixed in the final I'm all good!

Lighting was awesome. Beginning of the game the sun was in Hamel's face, and an inning or two later it was gone.

Pulled a ball up and in for a homer with Rollins. That felt GOOD.

The screenshot feature is going to be awesome with leagues. No more having to type up a box score....just post the screenshot!

I'm a classic pitch guy, but I tried the new pitch meter for an inning. It's harder than last year...which is good. I just hope online random games don't HAVE to be played with guess pitch/meter. The scout feature was neat...but I was never able to make a match that way. I'm hoping I can set no guess pitch/classic and it will find me random people that want the same thing.

Looking forward to playing some more!
Oh no! You are typing!

# 179 countryboy @ 02/05/09 11:40 PM
Game 1 of 100 is complete.

Rays - 5/7/1
PHI - 3/3/0

The combined stats were:

2 homeruns (1 by each)
3 doubles (2 TB - 1 PHI)
2 Walks ( 1 each)
5 Strikeouts ( 1 PHI - 4 TB)
1 HBP (TB)

These are played on Legend default, using Pitching meter and Guess Pitch 1/6 like I did last year.

# 180 Artman22 @ 02/05/09 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
My goodness. I actually think that is an arrestable offense nowadays. Make the move to LCD!!!
Glad you like it Rob.
Playing this game on a SDTV is a sin lol.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.