Home
News Post

Playstation.Blog has posted another MLB 09 The Show blog. This one covers the sounds of The Show.

Quote:
"The Custom Chants and Yells feature allows you to record your own voice and hear it in the game, either as a fan yelling from the crowd or as a simulated crowd chant. All you need is a microphone or headset for the PS3 and you can go to town. You can use all sorts of mics such as ones from Rock Band, the PlayStation Eye, and bluetooth headsets, among others. These yells and chants can be added to any player in the Personalize tab, either as cheers or jeers, depending on whether the player is playing at home or away.

We have been having a lot of fun with it and we’re sure you guys will, too. So warm up those vocal chords and get ready to yell. But please try and be nice…unless you’re playing against the Yankees."

Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 BDawg35 @ 02/06/09 10:58 AM
Incredible. Absolutely amazing. This is going to be so much fun.

# 2 Pared @ 02/06/09 11:35 AM
FINALLY we can talk about this feature.

Guys, this feature will BLOW. YOU. AWAY.

Read that again. Then let it sink in.

One of the key things I wanted to know about the Mets was if the crowd chants "Jose, Jose Jose Jose!" when he's up at bat. It's not in... but fear not! The boys at Sony went out of their way to set me up with this feature.. and boy did everyone have a blast hearing the outcome.

So I am given the official Sony camera with built-in mic to record my own "Jose" chant... so I go into this section and record my short snippet of audio. Once done, it immediately plays back with this insane reverb, echo effect as if it is coming from an actual crowd! Everyone stops playing the game and immediately comes over to check it out.

I fire up a game and pick Mets and someone... can't recall who... at Citi. Reyes comes up.... and on the second pitch... "Jose, Jose Jose Jose! JO-SE, JO-SE!"

Phenomenal boys. Unprecedented audio manipulation and use of stadium sounds in a baseball game.

Had there been a few more situations I would say it was the best audio sound feature I've ever seen in any sports game to day.

You WILL have a blast with this.

# 3 theaub @ 02/06/09 11:35 AM
Man this feature is getting implemented much better than I thought it would be.

# 4 theaub @ 02/06/09 11:36 AM
BTW Pared, if I'm chopping sound clips for walk-up music etc, would you say 15 seconds is a good length?

# 5 riDIRKulous41 @ 02/06/09 11:38 AM
Did you have to say Jose 3 times when you recorded it or does it just repeat your audio for X amount of seconds?

# 6 Pared @ 02/06/09 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub
BTW Pared, if I'm chopping sound clips for walk-up music etc, would you say 15 seconds is a good length?
Yup. It would really depend on the guy, though, since some players have longer routines than others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riDIRKulous41
Did you have to say Jose 3 times when you recorded it or does it just repeat your audio for X amount of seconds?
I did the entire chant ONCE and it auto-played 3 times during an in-game situation.

# 7 Electron Blue @ 02/06/09 11:43 AM
Can we record sounds as files on our PCs to use, or do we need to use one of those supported mics and actually record it to the PS3?

# 8 Pared @ 02/06/09 11:45 AM
You can either use an existing file, cut a sample, and save it or record it using an input such as a bluetooth mic.

# 9 PsychoBulk @ 02/06/09 11:48 AM
I can see hours of fun to be had with this feature, i see myself being very sad and recording hundreds of sound clips and chants for all the players, assigning bizarre songs for walk ups and homers etc.

Simply stunning feature.

# 10 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/06/09 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
You can either use an existing file, cut a sample, and save it or record it using an input such as a bluetooth mic.
So in order for the crowd to chant "Jose" or even "Papi" ... you have to go into that player's editor and add the sample in correct?

This is all too exciting!

"A-Fraud" in Boston, here I come!

# 11 Pared @ 02/06/09 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
So in order for the crowd to chant "Jose" or even "Papi" ... you have to go into that player's editor and add the sample in correct?

This is all too exciting!

"A-Fraud" in Boston, here I come!
Papi might be in there... but if it isn't, you can add it! That's what makes this feature so great!

You can record "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-FRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUDDDD" once and it will repeat it 3 times.

# 12 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/06/09 12:24 PM
Quote:
Papi might be in there... but if it isn't, you can add it! That's what makes this feature so great!

You can record "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-FRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUDDDD" once and it will repeat it 3 times.

Awesome!!!

Do you have to add them under one of the 3 cheer/jeer slots on Papi or A-rod in the player editor, just like you do when you CAP?

# 13 Pared @ 02/06/09 12:27 PM
Yup.

I believe it would be a "jeer" and he will hear it no matter where he is while away. So while it can't be Boston-NY specific, digital A-Fraud will be tormented all around the MLB in your 'chise.

# 14 bukktown @ 02/06/09 12:30 PM
This feature is great I love that there are 3 total slots to fill. Ian going to waste a lot of time with this. Is there an option to not add the chorus effect so it doesn't sound like a crowd? I want to recreate all of the in game stadium music from the dome in real life.

# 15 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/06/09 12:33 PM
Quote:
Yup.

I believe it would be a "jeer" and he will hear it no matter where he is while away. So while it can't be Boston-NY specific, digital A-Fraud will be tormented all around the MLB in your 'chise.
/faints

# 16 Pared @ 02/06/09 12:33 PM
I believe the answer to that is yes. You can use the sound as is or with the crowd effect.

# 17 pfunk880 @ 02/06/09 01:11 PM
Sweeeeet.

# 18 green94 @ 02/06/09 01:54 PM
Quote:
You can also choose how you want to hear the music - through the PA speakers like you are at the stadium
/drools

Pared - can you confirm that this works in Batting practice mode?

# 19 Pared @ 02/06/09 02:04 PM
I didn't try it there man so I don't have an answer for you.

# 20 Infinite202 @ 02/06/09 02:35 PM
This is very very exciting.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.