Home
Madden 2010 News Post

This week we are starting to go through the rosters and tune each individual player's body to match their real life counter part.

I know as a fan when one of your favorite players is wrong it can take you out of the experience.

So the question to you is: Which players need the most work? Please give specifics. On the flip side are there any players you wouldn't touch?

Thanks as always,

Mike Y

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Michael_Young_EA @ 02/12/09 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
These Are Players that Need the Sleevless Option.......Again This is going on the last update of Madden 09(There may be more but this is just a brief look through of the players I know need them)

Giants
Brandon Jacobs
Derrick Ward
Burress
Hixon
Kevin Boss
UmenYiora
Kiwanuka
Tuck
Fred Robbins
Danny Clark
Antonio Pierce
Sam Madison
C.Webster

Jaguars
Fred Taylor
Jones-Drew

Packers

Ryan Grant
Greg Jennings
D.Driver

Panthers
Peppers

Raiders
D.McFadden
J.Fargas
Huff
D.Burgess

Ravens
Ray Lewis
Suggs
McGahee
McClain
Ray Rice
Mason
L.Neal

Redskins
Devin Thomas
Jason Taylor
Rocky Mcintosh

Saints
Colston
Shockey

SeaHawks
Leonard Weaver
Tapp
Kerney
Julian Peterson

Texans
Slaton
Andre Johnson
K.Walter
Mario Williams

Titans
Chris Johnson
White
Kearse
Vanden Bosch
Haynesworth
Finnegan
Michael Griffin
Chris Hope

Vikings
J.Allen
Both DT Williams

Bears
Forte

Bengals
R.Geathers

Bills
Parrish

Browns
J.Lewis
Cribbs
Vickers
K.Winslow

Cardinals
Hightower
Fitzgerald
Boldin
A.Wilson
Dockett
Dansby
B.Berry
R-Cromartie
Hood

Colts
Addai
Bob Sanders
Rhodes
Gonzales

CowBoys
M.Barber
Felix Jones
T.Choice
Roy Williams
J.Witten
Ware

Dolphins
Brown
Joey Porter

Eagles
Buckhalter
Curtis
LJ Smith

Falcons
Turner
Great post!

# 142 SteelerSpartan @ 02/12/09 09:01 PM
Giants

Brandon Jacobs- Change Helmet to Standard 2, with 3 Bar Rb Mask, add small black Ankle Tape

Derrick Ward-Change Helmet to Standard 2, wirh 3 Bar RB Mask, add small Black Ankle Tape

Justin Tuck-add Neck Roll, add small black ankle tape

Umenyiora- add small black ankle tape

Kevin Boss-add small black ankle tape

Also you might need to double check but I don't think any Giants Player wears white tape on their ankles...so change all the ones you do have to black

Raiders

D.McFadden-
Change Mask to 3 Bar RB

Saints

Shockey-Change ankle tape color to black

Ravens

Ray Lewis- Add small black ankle tape

Suggs-Add small black ankle tape

McGahee-Add small balck ankle tape

McClain-Add small black ankle tape,change helmet to Rev,

If you don't have that Face mask then change mask to a Rev Robot

L.Neal- Add Neck Roll, add small black ankle tape

D.Mason-Add small black ankle tape

Cardinals

Edge James- Change Mask to 3 bar

Colts

J.Addai-
add black thin ankle tape

A.Gonzales-
add black thin tape

Cowboys

Romo-Remove right wrist band, Remove left qb wrist, add sweatbands whites to both elbows

Roy Williams- change mask to 3 bar single

Owens-Change mask to 3 bar single

M.Barber-Change mask to Robot

F.Jones-Remove Black thin ankle tape, change mask to 3 bar RB

Choice- Change mask to 3 bar RB

Vikings

J.Allen- add Black thin ankle tape, change mask to 3 Bar Rb

I hope you saw my Steeler edits earlier in the thread too??....Just to be safe

Steelers

Foote
Keisel
Parker
Woodley
Ryan Clark
Anthony Smith
Hampton
Aaron Smith
Taylor
Carter
McFadden
Gay
Townsend
Woodley
Hoke
Washington
Mendenhall
Davis

^^They all have the Sleeveless Option

Ben Roethlisberger- In Warm Weather Games( Remove Black Sleeves, Remove Right wrist band, add sweatband white to right elbow)

Cold Weather( Leave the same as you have it except remove Right wrist band)

Santonio Holmes- Change Helmet to Standard 2, change mask to 3 Bar RB, Smoke Visor, Remove White Sleeves,

Willie Parker- Remove Elbow Pads, add Thin Band Blacks

Aaron Smith- Change Helmet to a Rev QB

Casey Hampton-Change Helmet to a Rev QB

Ryan Clark- Change Helmet to a Standard Robot RB

Townsend-Change mask to 3 Bar RB

Woodley- Remove Half Sleeve Blacks, add Black Wrist Bands

Nate Washington- Change Face Mask to 3 Bar RB Single

Keisel- Change Mask to Revo Full Cage 2, Change Med bands on Elbows to black

Hartwig- Change Helmet to Rev, with Revo Full Cage 2 mask, and Black RubberPad

Kemoeato- Add Dbl Wristbands Black to Left Wrist, add Padding Black to left Elbow, add black wrist band to right

Timmons- Change Helmet to Standard, Change mask to 3 Bar RB, add Clear Visor, Remove Black Elbow Bands, Remove Half Sleeve White, add White Taped Wrists Normal, Remove White Tape on ankles

# 143 SteelerSpartan @ 02/12/09 10:07 PM
I logged this with Ian last year but just to be safe again I want to point out something about the Steelers Uniform(Thats been wrong in the game)

1. Single numbered players should have their number placed in the middle of the yellow stripes on their helmet...as you can see on Roethlisberger's Helmet

2. The little white area below the numbers on the back of the helmet should be white.....In Madden 09(and madden for years) The word "Steelers" has been there in Gold....it shouldn't be there

I won't post any more uniform corrections....in fact I probably shouldn't have posted this one...those probably need a thread of their own...I didn't just derail the main purpose of the thread

# 144 indycolts4289 @ 02/13/09 11:13 AM
The helmets need to be updated big time, especially the Revo ones. This has always been pain in the a$$. I would love to open Madden 10 and be able to play a game without having to go in and change all of the players helmets/facemasks to what they are in real life. If one general thing needs to be fixed, it's that. All the other accessories are much harder to do because most players change those on a game to game basis but helmets should be easy. Especially the big name players. Adrian Peterson's helmet isn't right and he was shown in a Gamestop commercial last year. That's just embarrassing. Madden is supposed to be THE football video game and they can't even get a star player to look like himself.

# 145 AzBearsFan @ 02/13/09 12:27 PM
Some of these may have been listed already, but I didn't feel like re-reading every post to see.

Bears.

First off the standard shoe should be black.

Orton-Revolution Helmet. He only wore the standard helmet his first NFL Season, and wore the Revolution helmet in college, and wears it now. Pic: http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

Adrian Peterson-Dreds in reality they are so long they cover his name plate up
http://www.chicagobears.com/news/New...?STORY_ID=4789

Hester- Wears Orange Gloves
http://bowennation.blogspot.com/2008...in-sports.html

Olsen- Is always wearing white long sleeves in the game even in warm games. He doesn't hardly ever wear these only in extreme cold below 20 degrees. Should have hair that extends below the helmet.

Dvoracek- Looks like a fat blob in the game. In reality he should be shaped more like Tommie Harris with a barrel chest, and fairly thin waste Should also have longer hair
pic: http://www.daylife.com/photo/01ms1M3g1w3S5

Urlacher- Wears the wrong face mask in the game isn't the bull style with the little u shaped piece on the top, and doesn't have the straight bars on each side. No Tattoo which is a biggie. Shoes should be Orange and black. Can cycle thru the pics on this site of him to see what i'm saying a real good closeup of his facemask, and of his shoes are in here.
http://www.chicagobears.com/team/player79.html

Tillman- No longer has Dreds

Mike Brown- If he's still on the bears for next season he should also have black and orange shoes.

Just some of the major flaws I see with the eye candy. Probably more subtle ones with different wristbands, and what-not, but those aren't as noticeable for me at least.

# 146 Pats12TO81 @ 02/14/09 01:43 PM
randy 'and tom brady's apperance needs to be improved. Also long hair needs to be improved. Larry Fitzgeralds hair doesnt look good

# 147 Altimus @ 02/14/09 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Dayton
Lol, send EA your Bears themed bedsheets for the proper alterations.
My biggest issue with that post is not having the all whites.

# 148 Casserville @ 02/17/09 12:03 AM
I think Jay Culter (Denver Broncos) is wayyy too skinny in Madden 09. In reality Jay is solid and around 230 or 240 pounds ..

# 149 raphael @ 02/17/09 05:54 AM
one thing that bothers me is the, way the o-line and the qb always come out of a huddle and walk back to the line of scrimmage like robots. i remember that in 2k5 they walked more casually and also the lineman weren't always standing in a perfect stance but sometimes were a little off, like in reality.

i'd also like to finally see tattoos, they've been in the nba games for while why not in madden and since alot of nfl players are tattoed they should be in the game and their should be a tattoo option for created players.

# 150 Meast21Forever @ 02/17/09 10:07 PM
This is slightly off topic, but I think half sleeves should be added to the game. Not from the bottom, but the top. Like.. short sleeve underarmor. Jason Campbell wears it, Matt Ryan, Matt Hasselbeck has. The list goes on. Some other positions wear it as well. I feel like it would add a lot of realism.

As far as players, Laron Landry does not look like him at all in the face. Also, Chris Cooley and Laron's helmets are wrong. CC has a revo in the game, but in real life he has one of those new helmets (which better be in the game this year). LL has a revo in the game as well, but he wears a different one in real life (the one with the slanted ear holes).

Another side note, adding colored shoes would add a lot to the game. Obviously I'm a skins fan, and the skins regularly wear gold shoes. Players I know who do it are Carlos Rogers (who may not even be on the team come next season), CP, Moss and Rocky McIntosh.

Finally, I think you guys must not spend time on rookie faces (which is understandable), but Malcolm Kelly, Devin Thomas, Fred Davis and Chris Horton all look very generic. Hopefully you'll spend some time on fixing the rookie faces.

# 151 aurimias @ 02/18/09 12:18 AM
Andre Johnson seems SO undersized.
This guy on the feild is much much bigger than in madden....

I couldnt find a comparison photo to madden but look at his size...
Bigger than in madden please work on that.

oh and leave ray lewis how he is it's perfect
but let ray have a larger variety of celebrations.

# 152 aurimias @ 02/18/09 12:23 AM
and randy too

# 153 glitchditcher @ 02/18/09 04:34 PM

As you can see, Tom Brady always has those blue half sleeves. It's almost his trademark these days. He also always wears a towel in fair weather and a fannypack in cold weather. Not to mention he has loose sleeves. As far as his arms go, he does wear that QB wristband on his left arm, but on his right arm he wears a normal white wristband halfway up his forearm. It's not on his wrist like you have it in the game and not quite on his elbow. It's in between.

I can't find a screenshot of him in the game, but I know Kevin Faulk looks way too skinny. He may be short and he may be a scatback, but he's actually pretty stocky looking in real life. I mean, look at this picture of him below. You would almost think he was a power back if you didn't know who he was.

# 154 DOLFANMIKE @ 02/18/09 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Young_EA
This week we are starting to go through the rosters and tune each individual player's body to match their real life counter part.

I know as a fan when one of your favorite players is wrong it can take you out of the experience.

So the question to you is: Which players need the most work? Please give specifics. On the flip side are there any players you wouldn't touch?

Thanks as always,

Mike Y
It would be great if there was a way in game to edit the toon in game pic of coaches as well. I've found when coaches are fired and hired its tough even using an editor to get the right pics in place. I'd also like to see a better look on those cartoon in game hats and headsets on the coaches.

# 155 skinnybonez @ 02/19/09 06:47 PM
most seahawks have blk/neon green shoes and blk/wht/neon green gloves

# 156 glitchditcher @ 02/19/09 07:31 PM
PLEASE GIVE THE PATRIOTS PLAYERS AN OPTION FOR RED GLOVES!

They look so sick. More players wear them as well. Such as Tedy Bruschi, Ellis Hobbs, Rodney Harrison, Sammy Morris, Matthew Slater, and Ben Watson!

# 157 aurimias @ 02/20/09 06:13 PM
Whats with Anquan boldins size? He is way bigger in real life.
He's about a T.O size.
even in madden T.O is small.

so check out these imgaes and look at what i mean.

1st image) Anquans real life pic.

2nd image) Madden image

NOW FOR T.O

1st image) real life

2nd image) now for his madden photo

a bit slim eh??

now

comment for 1st image.
"As you can see here anquan boldins Upper body area Is stocky,
and in his Lower body he has fairly huge legs....
COMMENT FOR 2ND IMAGE.
now check this out in this madden 09 photo his upper body is slimmer as if he's been on the biggest loser or somethin. Just like every other WR his lower body is small. His legs as you can see in the first image his legs look chunkier than in the second image, fix this please.

COMMENT FOR 3RD IMAGE

3rd of all, look at T.O's size in this image, about 220 to 226 pounds of muscle and man. You can see that his arm size is pretty big too.

COMMENT FOR 4TH IMAGE

4th and finally, T.O looks small. even in the presnap he looks small and wheres his signature stance? This guy looks awkwardly huge on the field he's kind of a beast receiver. lower body and upper body are both slim... as if he's a santonio holmes or somethin. Sorry but the guy hat designs the players, does he get a good look at some images???

Anyways thats all 4 now keep it real MIKE Y
Hopin madden 10 gonna be a hit and not a flop.
Peace.

# 158 Instant C1a55ic @ 02/21/09 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
I totally would love the QBs to have different throwing motions cause Guys like Romo Big Ben and Warner have funky Throwing mechanics and Running Styles too, Like Marion Barbers Little hop thing he does. Stuff like that.
I couldnt push for this more. Not any single quarterback has the same motion, and the crappy one they have doesnt even look realistic. Not being able to see Cutler drop the ball down in his throwing motion in madden really disapoints me. Come on, if baseball can have over 600+ player tied animations, why cant football?

# 159 KANE699 @ 03/26/09 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
thanks.....i knew he wasn't AA but didn't know specifically what nationality he was

regardless,......here's a pic mike

http://www.emqb.com/wp-content/uploa...ell_kawika.jpg

also...he has a dark tinted face shield

and another general observation....it seems a lot of the QB's in the game could have a little more waist/torso added to them----with the jersey's all being very tight & tucked in, it creates that illusion of having 'skinny' torso/mid sections.
He hasn't worn the dark visor since october the rest of the year he wore no visor or a clear one.

# 160 sportzbro @ 03/26/09 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aurimias
Whats with Anquan boldins size? He is way bigger in real life.
He's about a T.O size.
even in madden T.O is small.

so check out these imgaes and look at what i mean.

1st image) Anquans real life pic.

2nd image) Madden image

NOW FOR T.O

1st image) real life

2nd image) now for his madden photo

a bit slim eh??

now

comment for 1st image.
"As you can see here anquan boldins Upper body area Is stocky,
and in his Lower body he has fairly huge legs....
COMMENT FOR 2ND IMAGE.
now check this out in this madden 09 photo his upper body is slimmer as if he's been on the biggest loser or somethin. Just like every other WR his lower body is small. His legs as you can see in the first image his legs look chunkier than in the second image, fix this please.

COMMENT FOR 3RD IMAGE

3rd of all, look at T.O's size in this image, about 220 to 226 pounds of muscle and man. You can see that his arm size is pretty big too.

COMMENT FOR 4TH IMAGE

4th and finally, T.O looks small. even in the presnap he looks small and wheres his signature stance? This guy looks awkwardly huge on the field he's kind of a beast receiver. lower body and upper body are both slim... as if he's a santonio holmes or somethin. Sorry but the guy hat designs the players, does he get a good look at some images???

Anyways thats all 4 now keep it real MIKE Y
Hopin madden 10 gonna be a hit and not a flop.
Peace.
Totally agree with what you said, especially about TO. He is one of the strongest and most physical WR's in the league. His presence in Madden 09 physically though was a non-factor-nor did it really look or feel like the specimen that is TO.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.