Home
News Post

Playstation.Blog has posted another MLB 09 The Show blog. This one covers the little things that help the game shine.

Quote:
"Hey everyone, Greg Batalucco (Game Designer) and Clayton Read (Associate Producer) here to bring you the next installment of the MLB 09 The Show blogs. This entry will focus on all the little details added this year to The Show that give it an added touch of realism. For this year’s version we wanted to make the game as accurate as possible and included in MLB 09 The Show are actual team mascots, new and improved stadium jumbotrons with game related movies, K boards, realistic crowds, and improved lighting and skies throughout the stadiums. All these enhancements add to the overall gaming experience to make MLB 09 The Show as real as it gets."

Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 rckabillyRaider @ 02/11/09 02:53 AM
Oh my damn! Now I know I gotta go buy a ps3 and this game and put my x360 to the side for a while. The game looks awesome and the atmosphere will probably be the greatest in any sports game ever. The dynamic attendane type of thing that was talked about should be really great to see, even though alot of us Dodger fans leave in the 7th inning! LOL

# 62 PsychoBulk @ 02/11/09 05:48 AM
The amount of "little things" they have got into the presentation of the game this year is insane, i love the jumbotrons, even the mascots raise a smile.

What else is there to say?

Magnifique.

# 63 davewins @ 02/11/09 06:29 AM
After watching this video and reading this article I think I am going to have to have a ballpark hotdog while I play this game.

# 64 brunnoce @ 02/11/09 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
ESP with how bad the month is still gonna get. I agree let's play ball!

I just can't wait to see the progressive lighting in ALL the stadiums. this game's atmosphere will just make every game feel diff now. whereas the gameplay last year did somewhat now the visuals catch up and make it just a a utter joy to spend time with for all 9 innings worth.

Even though the player models stayed the same and even though there's no breath OR rain this is still just enough to make the game's longevity easily worth two franchises full now
OH, ure back!!
nice to see u here man!

btw about the blog update i have no words to comment, this thing is just RIDICULOUS!

SCEA u rule sports gaming, hands down.

ITs gonna be quite sad to play at oakland agaisnt the red sox and notice there are more sox fans than our own, although it will be extremly realistc!

# 65 roolz @ 02/11/09 07:01 AM
Fantastic stuff, I dont think praise is enough for the guys at SCEA

Cracking job fellas, im just glad February is a short month

# 66 brunnoce @ 02/11/09 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis
Looks like they worked on Santana's delivery. Looks good!
YEHP
looks really good now!

# 67 LetsGoBucs @ 02/11/09 07:42 AM

That is all I have to say...

# 68 Blzer @ 02/11/09 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Blzer, you question about time of year and lighting being effect has been answered.
Quote:
How dark it is at the start of the game depends on the day of the year so don’t be surprised if your spring training game is dark at 7pm. All of these little details add together to help immerse you in the game, and bring you back to the core - playing hardball.

# 69 green94 @ 02/11/09 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JermaineDye05
Argh no White Sox in the video. Looks like I'm going to have to make do with the Colon and BA screenshot until the game comes out. Oh and 1 criticism of the video, the guy said "If a stadium has it, we have it." Which isn't entirely true since they haven't been able to incorporate fireworks just yet. Despite that, I still can't wait for this game, it is going to be amazing!!
First thing I thought of as well... lmao.

We've beaten that horse enough, this video was disgusting.

I wish I could fall asleep for 3 weeks straight.

# 70 baseball88 @ 02/11/09 08:52 AM
Great job SCEA

The only thing missing now is fireworks after homeruns for the teams that have them like the Indians. Also their red bill on their batting helmet for home. I still commend you for what you added this year though. Now please release the game early so we can really enjoy it. LOL

Thanks SCEA team
Kerm

# 71 countryboy @ 02/11/09 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
can I assume that shadows will progress during a day game? All I've heard mentioned was shadows turning into darkness during a night game...

EDIT: I would think that as long as the game goes from day to dusk then you would see shadows progress.

# 72 baseball88 @ 02/11/09 09:29 AM
It would be neat if they added chewing tobacco, bubble gum chewing, and spitting out sesame seeds LOL Just an idea hmm

# 73 poster @ 02/11/09 09:31 AM
Its all been said, but I am so impressed with everything they have added. Just looks so lifelike and amazing.

# 74 ckarlic @ 02/11/09 09:35 AM
Wow. This was the best blog in my mind. Some of the things that wow'd me was the Ivy in Wrigley filed turning green as the season progressed and Mr. Met getting down with the fans and having a dance off. Man this wait is killing me.

# 75 Blzer @ 02/11/09 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball88
It would be neat if they added chewing tobacco, bubble gum chewing, and spitting out sesame seeds LOL Just an idea hmm
I think the only issue would be chewing tobacco (after all, this game is endorsed by the MLBPA and also rated E). I think that World Series Baseball 2K3 showed some people's mouths move a bit while batting, ensuing that they were chewing gum. I can't remember if it was that game or not, but I feel like a game did have this. Kind of looked scary.

If there was chewing tobacco, the only person that I would really want to see have this is Chipper Jones, with that sexy bulging cheek of his.

# 76 baseball88 @ 02/11/09 09:37 AM
Now release the game already LOL

It would be nice to get it before my birthday YUM YUM

Let's play baseball everyone. I can't wait to see the first name and last names added
if the announcers say the full name or not.

I hope they added more hairstyles for the create and edit the player.

# 77 ckarlic @ 02/11/09 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
It would be pretty weird if they only progressed for evening games, so I would certainly hope they progress no matter when then game is played.

Oh, and I just noticed the girl dancing with the mascot is wearing uggs... haha.
I agree about the shadows. Considering how much detail went into this game (ie. the Ivy in Wrigley field turning colors..I didnt even think of that) im pretty sure SCEA thought of this.

# 78 ckarlic @ 02/11/09 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball88
Now release the game already LOL

It would be nice to get it before my birthday YUM YUM

Let's play baseball everyone. I can't wait to see the first name and last names added
if the announcers say the full name or not.

I hope they added more hairstyles for the create and edit the player.
Speaking of first names and last names added, I wonder if my name was added this year. That will be one of the first things I check out when I get my grimey hands on this game.

# 79 Pirate @ 02/11/09 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arichzona
It made me go get one......
After modding and playing MVP 05 for four years, I finally said enough is enoguh and will be getting a PS3 for this game and a few others. But my inspiration for purchsing the system was this game. Talk about an economic stimulus. Baseball videogame fans are plunking down $460 ($400 system and $60 for game) for one baseball game... nice work SCEA.

All these details are amazing, but here is hoping the gameplay is good as well.

# 80 WatchdogXC @ 02/11/09 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate
After modding and playing MVP 05 for four years, I finally said enough is enoguh and will be getting a PS3 for this game and a few others. But my inspiration for purchsing the system was this game. Talk about an economic stimulus. Baseball videogame fans are plunking down $460 ($400 system and $60 for game) for one baseball game... nice work SCEA.

All these details are amazing, but here is hoping the gameplay is good as well.
I don't regret my decision one bit. I didn't get my PS3 solely for The Show, but it certainly helped.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.