Home
News Post

Playstation.Blog has posted another MLB 09 The Show blog. This one covers the little things that help the game shine.

Quote:
"Hey everyone, Greg Batalucco (Game Designer) and Clayton Read (Associate Producer) here to bring you the next installment of the MLB 09 The Show blogs. This entry will focus on all the little details added this year to The Show that give it an added touch of realism. For this year’s version we wanted to make the game as accurate as possible and included in MLB 09 The Show are actual team mascots, new and improved stadium jumbotrons with game related movies, K boards, realistic crowds, and improved lighting and skies throughout the stadiums. All these enhancements add to the overall gaming experience to make MLB 09 The Show as real as it gets."

Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Knight165 @ 02/11/09 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Am I the only one that thinks ThreeKing's post was tongue in cheek? Or am I missing something?
You're not missing a thing buddy.
Nicely played Three King....as for the rest of you...

Turn on your sarcasm alerts...that's what it's there for!

M.K.
Knight165

# 102 Knight165 @ 02/11/09 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
I was responding to the other guy, but I was lazy so went with his comment. You really need to add this when you are joking. It just makes it easier.
Three King doesn't pander to the lazy folk.
That's what I like about him.
You want to laugh at his comments...he forces you to use an extra three brain cells.
He's keeping you guys from getting Alzheimer's and you don't even know it.
Nice job TK.

M.K.
Knight165

# 103 Knight165 @ 02/11/09 12:35 PM
Oh....sorry....

-SARCASM ALERT FOR ABOVE POST-

There ya go!

M.K.
Knight165

# 104 Knight165 @ 02/11/09 12:46 PM
Quote:
Yeah, but that is too much. It is like the time I slam you and Jim people were over me and I even had and they still didn't get this, so I think he might want to change his approach, especially with this crowd. We are so used to people knocking this game we can't figure out when some are joking.
I know...that made it even funnier!

M.K.
Knight165

# 105 KLima878 @ 02/11/09 12:48 PM
If you play with a team that has low attendence in franchise but the team is winning does the crowd attendence grow?

# 106 baseball88 @ 02/11/09 12:57 PM
God is my king

SCEA needs to release the game to make us happy and it needs to be released as soon as possible to stimulate the economy as soon as it can too. People will buy this game and also purchase a PS3 if they don't have one. That would put alot of money into the economy. Gaming companies need to realize what they can do to stimulate the economy.
Isn't this important to anyone here? Video games are being bought because alot of people are out of work and we need to get people working again. I'm sure MLB09 the show will put alot of money into the economy. We need all the stimulation we can get, to get this economy going again.

Thanks
God Bless you all

Kerm

# 107 Rob_NYY @ 02/11/09 01:34 PM
Santana's delivery looks great! A-Rod's new stance looks great! Jeter's new stance (in pictures) looks great! Teixeira's new stance looks great! Most of the stances in the demo look great as well. I may be jumping the gun, but from what I've seen do far, they have come a long way with the stances and deliveries!!

Of course people will complain about player X's hands being 3 inches too high, or player Y's feet being 6 inches too open, etc. But as for me, color me impressed!

Great job BSG, Chris, and everybody else who worked on this part of the game.

As for everything else in that blog and video, all I have ta say is: WOW

# 108 Pared @ 02/11/09 01:35 PM
Quote:
Pared they stole your "little thread idea" Even though I think I said it first and you made a thread about it back in 05. We might have to check the history of that! Any way believe it or not all these things will effect gameplay. It will just make it seem so much more real. Having stadiums and jumbo trons going crazy will just pull you more into the game and the gameplay. I am telling you it is HUGE!
Yeah, I don't hate on 'em though. It actually goes further back, to High Heat '03 back in 2002.

Funny you notice that though.

# 109 baseballfanatic22 @ 02/11/09 01:40 PM
May I say thank you so much. Unbelievable. I knew this game was always good, but now after seeing this video, I am at a loss for words. I am a disabled baseball fan who has never set foot on a baseball diamond, but this is incredible, and everyone there deserves to be congratulated for creating the real Field of dreams. They have built it, so I will come!

# 110 GSW @ 02/11/09 01:51 PM
can someone embed the video?

im at work and the sites blocked

# 111 FocusYoMindOnDis @ 02/11/09 01:51 PM
I never though that ii would say this, but for the first time ever, i am more excited about a video game than the actual season that the game is supposed to represent.

# 112 Motown @ 02/11/09 01:54 PM
Quote:
That is the best compliment you can give them. I never thought that in that way. You are right, it is like we will be there. WOW! Now that is deep. Thanks for the insight bro. The Stadiums are AMAZING and I can't wait to be exhibition games too.
Damn Scott, i remember back in the day you were a such a 2k fanboy...a little anyway, i just wanna say welcome to the best baseball gaming experience EVER...welcome to "The Show"

I'm such a MLB The Show fanboy...i guess, but i'm givin' 2k a shot this year believe it or not i hope we have 2 great games this year, but my OBVIOUS #1 is The Show

# 113 Pared @ 02/11/09 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW
can someone embed the video?

im at work and the sites blocked

# 114 Pared @ 02/11/09 02:03 PM
Quote:
Not really I have been all about the Show on the PS2. Then when 2k came out on the 360 I was blown away with the graphics. I am big graphic whore. Then when the show came out on the PS3 I was not so crazy about the things it was missing that the other game had. Then last year they fixed that, so I jump back aboard. I am not loyal to anyone. If the game is better I come back and stick up for that game to no ends. That is just how I am. If the other game is better I will be all over them. That is just how I am wired.

I will say one thing when everybody and their moms were on MVP nuts. I was all about the Show. The "Little Things" had me hooked and Pared too. I remember Pared saying he was digging the Show better than MVP. Remember that Pared.
I was on both! I couldn't finish a season in any game... I was busy still playing both of them AND High Heat and ASB with new rosters.

Mourning the atrocity that became the ESPN MLB series. *sigh* They actually had a great basis way back with 2k4. Have no idea what happened. Oh wait, I do: Slamzone, dancing twirl catches by the outfielders and meatballs. Ugh.

# 115 brunnoce @ 02/11/09 02:08 PM
i was on the show boat too back in 05 when mvp ruled these forums....

i evan played mlb 05 a lot to be real...i just loved that game although there were some serious faults in there.... 06 was a muuuuuuch more solid game though.

# 116 Pared @ 02/11/09 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
I'm not trying to start a A vs B thing here but wasn't like 90% of the stuff they mentioned already in the game? Well I know at least 90% of that stuff was in 2K's game already. But it's cool that it's in there now. For some reason the player models in that video look better than what it is in the demo.
I don't recall 2k having a majority of those things in... Bernie brewer slide? Real time stat tracking on the scoreboards?

Quote:
You can say you were on both. But let me refresh your memory. "Pared have you finish the working on sliders for MVP." "No, not really tell you the truth I am kinda more digging on the Show right now." And then I said "I agree pared it is all the "Little Things" that I love about the game." Pretty much something like that.
lol well that does sound familiar.

# 117 Motown @ 02/11/09 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
For some reason the player models in that video look better than what it is in the demo.
That's because the clip is much farther along than the demo. unis loook baggier,accessories are present, i.e. eye black, sunglasses, wrist bands, etc...
the models w/ lighting in the clip look lifelike as hell man!

# 118 mfbball04 @ 02/11/09 02:24 PM
yesssssss they fixed bernie the brewer!!!!

# 119 nemesis04 @ 02/11/09 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
That's because the clip is much farther along than the demo. unis loook baggier,accessories are present, i.e. eye black, sunglasses, wrist bands, etc...
the models w/ lighting in the clip look lifelike as hell man!
The baggy pants they added helped the look of the player models a lot!

# 120 Knight165 @ 02/11/09 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfbball04
yesssssss they fixed bernie the brewer!!!!
Haha...

I was waiting for you guys!
Sorry we had to keep mum when you guys were asking.
I know Jim and Pared had seen it.

...While nem was totally focused on his Yankee vs. whoever games ...
...I noticed that Pared has an unbelievable eye at picking stuff up.
Jim too. I never even noticed the Bernie slide until one of them mentioned it.
I gotta get stats and ratings out of my head sometimes.

M.K.
Knight165

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.