Home
News Post

Playstation.Blog has posted another MLB 09 The Show blog. This one covers the little things that help the game shine.

Quote:
"Hey everyone, Greg Batalucco (Game Designer) and Clayton Read (Associate Producer) here to bring you the next installment of the MLB 09 The Show blogs. This entry will focus on all the little details added this year to The Show that give it an added touch of realism. For this year’s version we wanted to make the game as accurate as possible and included in MLB 09 The Show are actual team mascots, new and improved stadium jumbotrons with game related movies, K boards, realistic crowds, and improved lighting and skies throughout the stadiums. All these enhancements add to the overall gaming experience to make MLB 09 The Show as real as it gets."

Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 161 rckabillyRaider @ 02/11/09 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidersbball20
That looks amazing, I wish I had a PS3
me too. Imma buy one just for this game.....and BluRay is a nice added bonus

# 162 Alliball @ 02/11/09 11:06 PM

Now for those that whine about all the minor "errors" in games, imagine logging long hours on something like this.

Baseball circe early '80's on the Atari 2600.

# 163 Alliball @ 02/11/09 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arichzona
what is more sad is that we thought that game was "sweet!!" back then....
I don't know if I would say sad, but I remember my Dad and I would log some serious hours on that game and those are memories that will stay with me forever.

Remember you had to hit the ball directly over 2nd base in order to hit an HR?

Good times.

Then I look at PETCO in The Show and it's just a bog WOW!!!

# 164 bears5122 @ 02/12/09 12:16 AM
The only word I can come up with is jaw dropping. I mean a little detail like the Ivy at Wrigley means a ton to a diehard fan like me. Now if only we could get SCEA into football and college hoops, I'd be a happy sports gamer.

# 165 longshadow11 @ 02/12/09 12:23 AM
March 3 may be the singlest greatest day ever in the history of videogames: The Show 09 and Empires: Total War released on the same day.

# 166 BatsareBugs @ 02/12/09 12:45 AM
Someone mentioned K signs already being in the game. That is true, but what I got is that now with MLB 09:The Show, because they have the crowd moving around and what not, they implemented that you can SEE them hang the K signs.

Little things I like:
Tony Gwynn Statue
Swinging Friar ringing the rally bell (I didn't even know we had a Rally Bell... I guess that says a lot about our pitiful offense... LOL!)
Putting more videos on the jumbotron. The strikeout one was there before.

There's probably more that they haven't mentioned in the blog, but we'll find them when the game comes out.

# 167 johnprestonevans @ 02/12/09 09:46 AM
WOW. This game looks so good that it could very well a) get me back into baseball as a sport, and b) make me buy a PS3. It looks like it could be the best sports game ever made.

# 168 Senor_Herbatron @ 02/12/09 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnprestonevans
WOW. This game looks so good that it could very well a) get me back into baseball as a sport, and b) make me buy a PS3. It looks like it could be the best sports game ever made.
It got me back into baseball. That and having to listen to the Phillies everyday at work.

# 169 shrinkydink @ 02/12/09 11:08 AM
I have been playing the MLB series on the PS2 since 2005.

Well SCEA, you magnificent bastards, the additions to this years version just made me buy a PS3.

# 170 Flaxseed Oil @ 02/12/09 11:13 AM
I find myself watching this video over and over.

# 171 Ninjoid @ 02/12/09 11:47 AM
Simply and utterly awesome. For someone that grew up with the first generation of tv/video games (remember blip tennis) I just get blown away each year. Thank God the PS3 is region free and I can play this game in the UK!!

# 172 Blzer @ 02/12/09 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
Do they show the outsides of all the stadiums? I would like to see Miller Park and its statues as well....
I bet that could be one of the opening cuts to the game like how it zooms out from the Liberty Bell in the demo. So hopefully we'll get a shot of McCovey Cove, the Coca Cola bottle & glove, or the Willie Mays statue outside of AT&T Park for the Giants.

But uhh, as for the Tony Gwynn statue, that one is actually inside the park (I think it's at the Park Within the Park grass area). So they may not have any external shots.

# 173 Asp86 @ 02/12/09 03:25 PM
Holy **** that looks sweet.

# 174 kt-od @ 02/12/09 03:54 PM
I'm really excited that they added the World Series and opening day logos to the field. It hasn't been mentioned yet, so maybe Knight, Jim, Pared, or Nem can help out; are there patches on the hats and jerseys too for the WS?

# 175 JohnnyRu31 @ 02/12/09 04:35 PM
Ummmmmmm. I can't take it anymore. I need this game baaaaaaaad. And by the way, to all of you guys talking old school baseball games. Remember Baseball Stars on the NES. The first game with a sort of franchise feel to it. Way ahead of its time. I would bash my cousin, who would always play as the stacked American Dreams, with The Lovely Ladies. Great game.

# 176 swissmr @ 02/13/09 11:24 AM
I really wish I would find out if they updated Kaufmann Stadium. As a small market team fan I'm not buying this game if they don't. Yankees new stadium was done before completion in this game, I hope all teams get the same love in Video Games since they don't on SportsCenter.
Royals Stadium has had a complete overhaul that was not in last year even though it was halfway completed but this year is no excuse. It has the biggest HDTV in America in the outfield and not seats in the Home Run areas so it looks completely different. If it weren't for small market teams you'd never have a Rays08 story.
http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/kc/ballpark/renovations.jsp

# 177 spitoon @ 02/13/09 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissmr
I really wish I would find out if they updated Kaufmann Stadium. As a small market team fan I'm not buying this game if they don't. Yankees new stadium was done before completion in this game, I hope all teams get the same love in Video Games since they don't on SportsCenter.
Royals Stadium has had a complete overhaul that was not in last year even though it was halfway completed but this year is no excuse. It has the biggest HDTV in America in the outfield and not seats in the Home Run areas so it looks completely different. If it weren't for small market teams you'd never have a Rays08 story.
http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/kc/...enovations.jsp
I'm sure there's a thread devoted to this...and I thought the answer was yes?

I'll go look for it.

EDIT: Kauffman '09

# 178 swissmr @ 02/13/09 11:46 AM
Thank you Spitoon.......I love the little things about this site as well

# 179 spitoon @ 02/13/09 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissmr
Thank you Spitoon.......I love the little things about this site as well
No problem, I knew I had seen that thread before.

I still have to make my decision on which team to use for my franchise...Royals?

Probably not though, I think I'm leaning towards an NL team.

As a Canadian, I am a Jays fan, but I played with them last year so I'm looking for a change...

# 180 Chizzypoof @ 02/13/09 12:28 PM
There is some great attention to detail in this years edition. The Ivy thing is something else.

Be proud of yourselves OS'ers, I think we started "The Little Things" thread a couple years back for this game and it seems to have caught on everywhere.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.