Home
MLB 2K9 News Post

2K Sports sent us the latest beta copy of Major League Baseball 2K9. As always, here are the meat and potato screenshots. We'll have the franchise screenshots up tomorrow.

Not allowed to post videos until tomorrow, but you can bet we'll have plenty to view over the weekend.

Major League Baseball 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view Major League Baseball 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Major League Baseball 2K9Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 SoxFan01605 @ 02/12/09 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhiball
2k finally has a face editor! no more 9 generic looking faces to choose from....psyched about this, but too bad it comes when you cant play the minor league games anymore!
True, but it will be nice to get some realistic mugs for those lower minors prospects for when they get called up.

The CAP customization is a HUGE plus for me.

# 22 Trevytrev11 @ 02/12/09 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
The CAP customization is a HUGE plus for me.
I agree. This is a huge upgrade from the past two years. No more 10 -20 generic faces.

# 23 ExtremeGamer @ 02/12/09 05:01 PM
AWESOME!!

Any shots of Progressive Field?

# 24 bronco92 @ 02/12/09 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Damn Steve... you put in the work!

I absolutely love the camera options. Fantastic.
He sure does This is where Steve shows us all how he made OS so popular for so long.

# 25 CarryTheWeight @ 02/12/09 05:06 PM
I have to say I'm impressed by what's being shown in these screens. Like everyone else is saying, customizable camera angles are great. The graphics IMO are showing a lot of improvement over last year, nothing sticks out as being mediocre in my eyes, except for maybe face models. Grass textures also seem a lot better as well, and it seems the mowed-in logos have returned after a mysterious year off.

Friday can't come fast enough, though. Screens are great, but seeing this game in motion should ease some tension around here.

# 26 duke776 @ 02/12/09 05:07 PM
Ugh at the menu system, I've always hated the menu system where it popped out. It just seems like it's way too hard and complicated for me to handle. This is one thing I hate about CH 2k8 and College basketball 09. I like the old fashioned way where we could just back out and get to a menu, not scroll through on a menu 1/4th the size of the screen.

# 27 lilazndood1 @ 02/12/09 05:11 PM
What's up with the soundtracks thing for each player? Is that like custom entrance music for them? Imagine putting Enter Sandman for Mo.

# 28 jeffy777 @ 02/12/09 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilazndood1
What's up with the soundtracks thing for each player? Is that like custom entrance music for them? Imagine putting Enter Sandman for Mo.
Looks to be about the same as last year where you can setup a playlist for each player as they come to the plate.

# 29 ExtremeGamer @ 02/12/09 05:16 PM
More I look at these, the more impressed I am. Great job Steve, you really got the pics that most people want to see, stadiums, AB's, behind the pitcher, options, etc.

Please play good, please play good. LOL

# 30 Phobia @ 02/12/09 05:16 PM
This is the best Birthday gift I have got all day.

THANKS STEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 31 tyler289 @ 02/12/09 05:16 PM
Lookin' good.

# 32 The Living Legend @ 02/12/09 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke776
Ugh at the menu system, I've always hated the menu system where it popped out. It just seems like it's way too hard and complicated for me to handle. This is one thing I hate about CH 2k8 and College basketball 09. I like the old fashioned way where we could just back out and get to a menu, not scroll through on a menu 1/4th the size of the screen.
Yea i own NBA 2k9 and the menus while look good, i get lost alot of the times cycling through them, and honestly never got used to them.

# 33 SoxFan01605 @ 02/12/09 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Living Legend
Yea i own NBA 2k9 and the menus while look good, i get lost alot of the times cycling through them, and honestly never got used to them.
hmm...I found them pretty easy to navigate in 2K9. Not a fan particularly, but they seemed user friendly enough. It does seem to be the "next gen" menu trend though...lol.

# 34 jeffy777 @ 02/12/09 05:19 PM
The font is definitely easier to read than last year so I think I'll be fine with the menus.

# 35 DaveDQ @ 02/12/09 05:22 PM
Wow, I know OS has the ads and all now, but this kind of thing makes me want to donate more. You don't get this type of coverage on any mainstream site.

Thank you.

# 36 johnnyg713 @ 02/12/09 05:25 PM
i noticed 2 things, one of which i did not like.

first i noticed there was a hurry up baseball option.. that seems like an awesome option for those who dont want all the replays and celebrations.

the one thing i did not like is that there was no net behind homeplate to protect the audience from foul balls.. kind of reminds me of madden without the feild goal nets...

# 37 HK-47 @ 02/12/09 05:25 PM
Can someone post some of the screenshots in this thread?I can never view the pics larger when I click on them.

# 38 ckarlic @ 02/12/09 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Boss-
For being an Xbox 360 and 2009, I think the graphics are pretty weak. Maybe on an HD TV it will look much better.
I kind of feel the same way. Maybe it is better on an HD tv.

# 39 cubsfan203 @ 02/12/09 05:33 PM
Looks good to me. I don't mind the graphics not being the greatest if the gameplay is there. The only part that bugged me is that the helmets do look inflatable like someone mentioned in another thread.

I didn't buy last year's game, but I'll probably pick this one up just so I can play some baseball.

# 40 Shakedowncapo @ 02/12/09 05:36 PM
A tip for people having problems viewing bigger screens:

Right click, copy the "image location" and paste it. Erase the part that says "thumbnail" and click enter. The full image should pop up.

And stateprop...Which image do you see the batting practice option?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.