Home
MLB 2K9 News Post

2K Sports sent us the latest beta copy of Major League Baseball 2K9. As always, here are the meat and potato screenshots. We'll have the franchise screenshots up tomorrow.

Not allowed to post videos until tomorrow, but you can bet we'll have plenty to view over the weekend.

Major League Baseball 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view Major League Baseball 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Major League Baseball 2K9Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 King Gro23 @ 02/13/09 12:37 AM
All in all i really liked what i seen, the graphics people are complaining about, if 2k7 is 10 and 2k8 is a 5 2k9 gets about a 7.5
Look at NBA 2k photos not the kg one and no super close-ups just raw gameplay they dont look that good and when you pop it in the 360 with real world and HD it looks much much better am I right?

# 142 PVarck31 @ 02/13/09 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Go is the shortest sentence. Go is the subject and the verb in the sentence. Any ways I agree about the game. I am still a graphic whore, but if the animation is better than I will be good to go. Also, I am is not a verb. Therefore it can't be a sentence.
I don't know man. I learned that Go isn't really a sentence. I just tried to look it up and I found a lot of contradicting info. Some sites said you are right others said I am. lol O well. anyway, I AM excited for this game and i will GO get it as soon as its out lol.

# 143 coachpars @ 02/13/09 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gro23
All in all i really liked what i seen, the graphics people are complaining about, if 2k7 is 10 and 2k8 is a 5 2k9 gets about a 7.5
Look at NBA 2k photos not the kg one and no super close-ups just raw gameplay they dont look that good and when you pop it in the 360 with real world and HD it looks much much better am I right?
I happen to like the graphics in nba 2k9. that being said, Its the constant wow factor I get everytime I play it because of the overall package...mlb 2k9 might fit in this category.For the record I love the menu system, Let hope that each players card is just like nba, click on name, Boom! stats at fingertips. Very user friendly...

# 144 Pared @ 02/13/09 10:08 AM
Good grief... what is wrong with some of you? This forum goes further downhill all the time...

Game looks very good, considering it's a new development team, they had to try and work the kinks out of someone else's code and had limited time. I'm very excited to play this.

Graphically, however, those jerseys still look terrible. Not something I'm going to get hung up on and post all over the forums but yeah, they're still noticeably bad. It's the way they sit on the player... it doesn't look believable and I know they can do better.

Hopefully they have a solid framerate and the game plays well. For some reason, I'm getting that MVP vibe with the meters (which apparently you can turn off, don't see the big deal) and seeing as MVP was such a fun game to play without sacrificing realism, I'll welcome the game with open arms.

Things are looking good!

# 145 mwjr @ 02/13/09 10:52 AM
Quote:
Go is the shortest sentence. Go is the subject and the verb in the sentence.
Actually, go is only the verb; it's not the subject. The subject is "you," but it's understood.

Quote:
I am is not a verb. Therefore it can't be a sentence.
Correct. "I am" is not a verb; "am," however, is a verb, and "I" is a pronoun and, in this case, a subject. Thus, "I am" is indeed a sentence.

But I likes me thems grapfixx a hole lott.

# 146 Pared @ 02/13/09 10:55 AM
"I hope we don't have homework today!"

# 147 brendanrfoley @ 02/13/09 11:37 AM
It's an overused phrase to describe baseball titles, but I have to agree with Pared... I get a distinct MVP vibe.

# 148 ogblock @ 02/14/09 12:49 PM
so can we change the batting camera to the pitcher camera answer this question plzzzzzzzzzzz

# 149 HK-47 @ 02/14/09 01:14 PM
I like how this looks compared to the past playoff set ups...The old ones were so dull.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.