Home
MLB 2K9 News Post

We've just posted another Major League Baseball 2K9 video. This one features the Mets @ Phillies, in the top of the 1st. More videos to come.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K9Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 metsfan75 @ 02/14/09 04:39 PM
This game looks great but the only signature styles i have seen are batter walkups i meen i want signature stances and windups not walk ups. i wish 2k would release like a signature style and windup sheet lol

# 22 bcruise @ 02/14/09 04:49 PM
I don't see a separate thread for it yet, but there's another video up with the 9th inning + postgame of a Pirates-Rockies game. And it looks to be CPU only.

Gameplay looks way different in that one, when the human element is removed. Swings and misses, weak contact, fouls, etc.

Postgame stuff looks awesome too - Player of the game, highlight reel, stuff like that.

# 23 metsfan75 @ 02/14/09 04:58 PM
what site is that on

# 24 MizzouRah @ 02/14/09 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I don't see a separate thread for it yet, but there's another video up with the 9th inning + postgame of a Pirates-Rockies game. And it looks to be CPU only.

Gameplay looks way different in that one, when the human element is removed. Swings and misses, weak contact, fouls, etc.

Postgame stuff looks awesome too - Player of the game, highlight reel, stuff like that.
Great find!!

Starting to really like what I'm seeing.

# 25 Marino @ 02/14/09 05:00 PM
This game is looking like it will be fun. Hope you 360 guys enjoy it.

# 26 jerm21 @ 02/14/09 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise

Completely agreed. I love the postgame. Especially when the short makes that crazy catch, and you see someone from the rockies dugout be like "how did he catch that"

Very realistic. I didn't recall if the last batter had two strikes on him, but I really hope the crowd gets louder for a strikeout to end the game.

other than that. love it.

# 27 rock85 @ 02/14/09 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Yes......something kept bugging me on every hit.
It SEEMS(just an "illusion" I guess) like the bat is quite large when a batter makes contact.
Of course it doesn't...it just kind of looks that way.
Something was distracting me...and that's what it is...thanks capa....I couldn't put my finger on it.

Overall though, I must admit...I'm pleasantly surprised at the strides made so far(game play aside...until we play it). I'd really like to hear Steve's opinion on the feel of the game play...but I realize that is verboten to ask right now

M.K.
Knight165
I am really interested in Steve's opinion on the gameplay as well, but like you said Knight that is verboten at the moment

# 28 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/15/09 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonahFalcon
The Red Sox/Yankees game had a few slow grounders.

I'm shocked NO ONE even mentioned the bunt for a hit attempt by the CPU.
I am so used to seeing that in the other game, it just felt normal to me. LOL.

Probably why it didn't stand out.

# 29 WVNCTN @ 02/15/09 09:26 AM
The bat sounds really take away from the presentation. It sounds like a couple of 2x4's being slapped together.

# 30 harveybear @ 02/16/09 05:34 AM
this game looks mega cool

# 31 WVNCTN @ 02/16/09 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNCTN
The bat sounds really take away from the presentation. It sounds like a couple of 2x4's being slapped together.

After watching more videos, I'll take back my original comment. The only time I hear the "2x4" bat sounds are on home runs. Most hits sound just fine.

# 32 BigBlue @ 02/16/09 10:43 AM
I noticed that David Wright's sig walkup/batting was not in when he came up to bat. It was perfect in 2k8. Hope it wasn't removed. If so, wondering why the developer would choose to remove certain ones.

BigBlue

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.