Home
MLB 2K9 News Post

Want to see how detailed your favorite stadiums are in Major League Baseball 2K9? Compare for yourself and let us know what they got right and what still needs a little tweaking. Unfortunately, the screenshots aren't in any specific order, so you'll just have to peck around.

Major League Baseball 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view Major League Baseball 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Major League Baseball 2K9Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 SonOfWisconsin @ 02/14/09 10:45 AM
Metrodome still doesn't have the giant baggy in right field....stupid.

# 2 Blzer @ 02/14/09 10:49 AM
Your contributions here are under-appreciated, Steve-O!

I'm personally just happy that the stadiums have been rebuilt, though they need a lot of tweaking still. Some are just really off in a "bare" sense. I hope they don't just leave them as is forever and that they do what is necessary in future years. I remember when All Star Baseball 2002 came for PS2 and stadiums looked pretty awesome, though lacked the same "feeling" of the stadiums that this game does. In 2003, all of them were given very noticeable upgrades, and it gives me hope that VC may do the same here.

On another note, maybe I haven't seen Safeco Field in a while, but what's up with this batter's eye?

Did it give you any trouble while batting, Steve?

# 3 Steve_OS @ 02/14/09 10:54 AM
Blzer, the screens are taken from replay mode. That is not a gameplay batting view. Or are you referring to something else?

# 4 LastActionHero @ 02/14/09 10:58 AM
Seriously is there any stadium that isn't smothered in Pepsi adds?

I mean come on!

# 5 Blzer @ 02/14/09 10:59 AM

# 6 CarryTheWeight @ 02/14/09 11:00 AM
Thanks once again, Steve. Hoo boy, this is going to be fun. I remembered this post last year and it was UG-LEE.

There's definitely an improvement in the stadium models though, inaccuracies and massive amounts of advertisements nonwithstanding.

In Rogers Centre, are those video screens in the outfield working? They seem like they're simply different colored segments of the outfield wall. I remembered seeing an outfield LED in the promotional screen of Juan Pierre from Dodgers Stadium, so I'm wondering if they're even working in Rogers Centre.

Also, seems like those huge mountains from last year above Coors have been taken out...I remember all the complaints about those...

...didn't Kauffman Stadium install outfield wall LED screens last year? I don't see them...or is that little patch of discoloration in the left field wall one of those? I can't tell.

Finally, Steve or anyone else that can answer, are minor league stadiums included in these screens? I couldn't make any out.

# 7 Blzer @ 02/14/09 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Blzer, the screens are taken from replay mode. That is not a gameplay batting view. Or are you referring to something else?
No no, I understand... but the batter's eye is a pretty light gray. In real life, it's black (I believe it used to be covered with some moss or ivy or something, or maybe was just the same color as the walls). I was just wondering if it was an issue at all.

Speaking of which, it seems as though you're not very restricted when it comes to the walls being boundaries for you when capturing these pictures. Does that mean we have much more freedom in replay mode, or is that just because it's a beta version and the retail version will probably limit us again?

Thanks.

# 8 Tomba @ 02/14/09 11:02 AM
First Thanks to steve for providing the shots...

But man this is very low res texture work for it being on 360.

From far away it looks just like high res ps2 shots at times at 480p

# 9 Tomba @ 02/14/09 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero

I mean come on!
True I prefer Coke and this is seriously screwin up my game mentality no lie it
It's VERy distracting to see the same advert all the time

# 10 Steve_OS @ 02/14/09 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
No no, I understand... but the batter's eye is a pretty light gray. In real life, it's black (I believe it used to be covered with some moss or ivy or something, or maybe was just the same color as the walls). I was just wondering if it was an issue at all.

Speaking of which, it seems as though you're not very restricted when it comes to the walls being boundaries for you when capturing these pictures. Does that mean we have much more freedom in replay mode, or is that just because it's a beta version and the retail version will probably limit us again?

Thanks.
Some stadiums have restrictions, just depends on the stadium. Most of them do, actually.

# 11 Jamin23 @ 02/14/09 11:17 AM
did they do any of the kauffman stadium renovations?

# 12 CarryTheWeight @ 02/14/09 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
did they do any of the kauffman stadium renovations?
All I see is the new scoreboard renovation...like I said, I can't make out if they even added the LED's in the outfield wall.

# 13 shaunbot @ 02/14/09 11:32 AM
Is it me or is Rodgers Centre alittle to bright with its blue in the outfield?

# 14 Drew127 @ 02/14/09 11:33 AM
Wow. I gotta say...Camden Yards is ug-ly. What's up with the terrible color of the ivy on the batter's eye? The buildings look like PS2 renderings. The lights on the warehouse are completely disproportionate. In general the stadiums don't have a feeling of being large. They seem very small...also, in general the stadiums are pretty bad. Whats up with the huge divider between the seats and the overhang in Atlanta?

# 15 Drew127 @ 02/14/09 11:34 AM
And one more thing...the scoreboards are terribly done. Why is the main jumbotron in Detroit that ugly, (as far as I can tell) not functioning out of town scoreboard? Why is the out of town scoreboard on the LF wall in Seattle non-existant? This is pretty poor considering the day and age.

# 16 Drew127 @ 02/14/09 11:39 AM
I'm still not done...in many stadiums (Citi Field, for example) the foul line disappears where it goes into the warning track (off the grass and into the dirt). I'm sorry but I think in general the lack of detail, the cartoon feel of the stadiums, and the lack of the majestic feeling to the stadiums is inexcusible for this generation of games. I'm done bashing now.

# 17 lnin0 @ 02/14/09 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero

I mean come on!
Yeah, first thing I noticed was Pepsi signage and that mystery bottle at Turner Field. That is just sacrilege.

That screen of Tropicana Field is just silly looking. I don't mind if VC wants to place a few ads here and there to supplement cost but it should be much more subtle and tasteful. I would rather see fake ads in places where Pepsi doesn't fit, like Atlanta. Or no ads where they shouldn't be, like the huge non-existant State Farm billboard in CF at Wrigley.

Tasteless product placement is a trend I do not wish to support as the gaming industry grows.

# 18 larma @ 02/14/09 12:00 PM
A lot of Pepsi ads but I think I'll get over them.

# 19 RaychelSnr @ 02/14/09 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookie48
In the ballaprk in arlington, they missed the huge bell in the left field 2nd deck. It rings every time a ranger hits a HR.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stevenbowles/3215109568/
The bell hasn't been there for two years man....

# 20 CarryTheWeight @ 02/14/09 12:14 PM
I think, instead of publishers wasting money on sponsorships, they should take the route of All-Star Baseball 2004...Parody Ads.

"Rubels" instead of Rogers

"PJS" instead of PNC

"Dr. Cooper" instead of "Dr. Pepper", "SCOTT" instead of Geico...

-----

Man, just seeing these screens makes me remember how good of a game ASB2004 was...I may just pick a used copy of that up in the next few days...

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.